Wolverine and the X-Men Forums

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2009)

Who here doesn't like Wolverine?

RandomAussie2

[1]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 4

Okay, maybe I've set off a bomb.

I love the X-Men, love the mythology and actually loved this series (what is with all the fan hate, anyway?) . But I don't like Wolverine and find he's a bit of an odd lead in a children's program. (Okay, it's an insanely sophisicated, well written children's program) I've had to grit my teeth at the often herioc protrayl of the character in various media (sticking someone in a tortue machine, holding up claws to a woman doesn't really class as herioc for me) and as for the opening sequence...well, the display of the logo speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this series - loved the way it messed with our expectations (and Jean! How different was she?!), but you just have to wonder what the creators were thinking.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kvn12

[2]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    They shouldn't of called it Wolverine and the X-men because that sort of puts it down as he is better then all the rest. Now while maybe he can take allot of them in a fight (mainly due to his bad ass attitude and resilience.) He isn't leader material he is more of a muscle man. He is to withdrawn into himself o properly run a team like the X-Men storm should have taken it over.

virginia17

[3]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 25

I don't really dislike Wolverine, I just think he gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much attention.

And Wolverine being the level-headed leader? That's just not right.

But what really annoys me about him is that in almost every series, he keeps falling for Jean. Jean is, and always will be, with Cyclops! In my opinion, Wolverine should go out with Storm.

Yaspaa

[4]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 79
    Agreed, he does get way too much attention, split the time up people, there are plenty of mutants to choose from.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 28
    I don't dislike Wolverine in general, but I did dislike him in this series later on. I thought his speech to get Scott in line was horrible done and made him a hypocrite and petty. He said he would kick Scott of the team for going on his own and starting trouble, when that's what Logan does himself. Xavier hasn't kicked Logan off the team when he does it. He does get way too much attention in media.