Wolverine and the X-Men Forums

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2009)

Wolverine and the X-Men Officially Canceled

JusticeLeaguer

[1]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 61

According to ToonZone.net, Wolverine and the X-Men has been canceled, despite the fact that it was previously annouced to have been given a second season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Cartoonkid-JP

[2]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 23

Well that blowsYell

facewweasel

[3]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 10

I wonder why it got canceled

DoRaMi_Parade

[4]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 1

there r pentions going on. i signed them there one wiki. i really want that show back >,

silverfoxy8472

[5]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 14

where is the petition i will sign it because nicktoons SHOULD NOT have canceled this series they geared up for a plotline with Apocalypse i want to see it come to life this is a a series that DESERVES TO LIVE.

syrusfan

[6]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 38

Oh come ON Marvel! Canceling both Spectacular Spider-Man AND this!? Bad move.

I know it's probably because of ratings, but seriously, no one watches things on TV anymore. We have YouTube for that now.

Rebel-Man

[7]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 16
    Stupid Marvel and Nicktoons. This should have been put on Cartoon Network God knows they need good shows. This was the best X-men adaptation since the original 90s version and here they go canceling it! >

syrusfan

[8]Apr 25, 2010

I'm still a little more partial to X-Men Evolution, but then again, I don't think there has ever been a bad X-Men adaptation.

silverfoxy8472

[9]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 14

no syrusfan i am sure with every fiber of my being you are wrong about the ratings these were SUCCESSFUL SHOWS no way they could have had bad ratings we have to get that petition filled and sent to the appropriate parties show them the fans think they are WRONG these shows deserve to live. I would however like to add this.... I am disappointed in nicktoons but not surprised AT ALL in terms of toondisney aka disneyXD look at their record american dragon jake long yin yang yo those are just two examples i can think of they do this ALOT because they are run by people who don't know what they are doing. Nicktoons however have a much better record Danny phantom Avatar the last airbender(had a built in lifespan of course) many other good toons they KEPT on the air until they ABSOLUTELY had to get them off the air. these moves are a travesty against these shows. wolverine and the X-men is the first X-men i have seen that is decent in terms of doing the storylines(no offense against the 90's X-men) the cast is great(steven jay blum as wolverine vs scott mcneil sorry i expected wolverine to erupt in green scales because everytime he spoke i thought of piccolo) the stories wow the phoenix which was far from done Apocalypse coming into it oh geeze sooo many storylines to be done. Spectacular spider man STAN LEE AND STEVE DITKO involved the CREATORS were involved wow the interpretations they were doing were soooo cool the goblin storylines oh the one i was looking forward to the most the death of gwen stacy how would they have done it? wow the potential is lost now the petition is NECESSARY NOW.

syrusfan

[10]May 1, 2010

Hey, I'd sign a petition.

DaVulture

[11]May 1, 2010
    • level: 23

First time in the "Wolverine and the X-Men" forum, I'm usually more prevalent on the the animation section but yeah it's a shame that this show got canceled. They say the lack of financing was a reason for the show being canceled, it's a shame the show is not getting as much publicity. It's throttled by these hardcore X-Men internet losers who hate the idea of Wolverine being the leader, "oooooh it's the end of the world, Wolverine is the leader." Have a little creativity would you? I'll sign the petition, worthy cause.

r10tp00f

[12]May 6, 2010
    • level: 7

Sadly, no petition is going to save this show. Not to becynical but there is not hope, I mean the 2nd season should have started last fall, and we should be nearing the 2nd season finale this month. I am incredibly disappointed and angry. I was checking out this forum because I just purchased the complete 1st season on dvd today, for only $20... before Christmas it was selling everything for around $50. I wonder if the price has been dropped due to the cancellation notice? Anyway, this really was a great show, and the end of the 1st season is such a tease. I was also very upset to hear about Spectacular Spider-man. I really don't know what's going these days in terms of TV. It seems that shows come and go so fast now, that they don't even get a chance before they're axed. Had this show continued it easily could have became the best X-men adaptation ever.

jabalong

[13]May 9, 2010
    • level: 4

I've been patiently waiting for season 2, just heard it was cancelled and am shocked. Wolverine and the X-Men in my opinion is by far the best X-Men animated adaptation and the best Marvel cartoon made. According to the show's Wiki page, the producers couldn't come to an agreement with their financing partner. I just don't get it. With so many TV channels needing content these days and with money to be made on DVD sales, how can there not be room on TV for a quality show like this. And what's with the financing question? Marvel is owned by Disney now, which has very deep pockets, yet the money can't be found to continue a quality TV adaptation of one of Marvel's most lucrative properties? I'll never understand the economics of the TV and film industries - year after year, we see so many quality projects canned, while mounds of crap carries on. It's so annoying, which is why I generally won't watch a new show now until it's been on TV a few seasons, as I want to make sure it's going to have some life to it before I invest in my time and emotions into it. Made an exception with Wolverine and the X-Men, but at least the Seaon 1 story wrapped up nicely. Shame about the Age of Apocalypse, but at least that was only a trailer. If the show doesn't come back, they should definitely consider making an Age of Apocalypse DVD movie.

virginia17

[14]May 20, 2010
    • level: 25

Well, what a major disappointment this is. The show just got started, for crying out loud, and there was so much I was hoping/looking foward to seeing, but nooo!

Didn't they do something like this when they were about to start a season 5 of X-men Evolution?

And, I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but a petition to get them to change their minds and continue the show does sound like a good idea, but how often does that work?

scud70

[15]Jun 9, 2010

They finaly made one decent cartoon series and they axe it... load of garbage if you ask me! ... petitions won't work, i would say due to its high quality it had high production costs so the return wasnt as big as the low budget garbage they produce which they get bigger returns on. I think it was basically accountants in the end that decided to fund or not to fund based on cost vs return factors nothing else!

PhilTang

[16]Jun 13, 2010

Very sad...very sad indeed .....and the kids will be sad too.....

TeemerDJ

[17]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 12
    I didn't really come to this forum often, but I loved WatXM, almost as nearly as I did X-Men: Evolution. It's ridiculous that this show isn't coming back, absolutely appalling. This show had so promise, and unanswered questions. Hopefully, someone out there will get it together and this show will return in the not so distant future.

iceman_freeze

[18]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 2
    yeah its ridiculous that they cancel such great shows such as this and spectacular spiderman.........i guess nick are too busy with there other shows

RaizenYusuke

[19]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 28
    DaVulture wrote:

First time in the "Wolverine and the X-Men" forum, I'm usually more prevalent on the the animation section but yeah it's a shame that this show got canceled. They say the lack of financing was a reason for the show being canceled, it's a shame the show is not getting as much publicity. It's throttled by these hardcore X-Men internet losers who hate the idea of Wolverine being the leader, "oooooh it's the end of the world, Wolverine is the leader." Have a little creativity would you? I'll sign the petition, worthy cause.

I think Wolvrine is a hypocritical aZZ hOle in this series that happened because he was made the leader. But I do like the series in general.

zepherous35

[20]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 26

I was sorry to hear they canceled the series after such a short run. I didn't get to see all the episodes, but I am glad they are releasing the whole series on Blu-ray.