Wolverine and the X-Men Forums

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2009)

Wolverine and the X-Men Officially Canceled

aidensdaddy2k9

[21]Nov 26, 2010
    • level: 6

Have many of you forgotten the fact that Disney now owns Marvel comics? Perhaps, and this is just wishful thinking here, but perhaps Disney could pick up the series and show it on Disney XD? I personally would like to see it continue after finally catching up on the first season. They can't just show Apocalypse and then just leave us hanging. It wouldn't be the first time that a show jumped networks.

Or perhaps the creators of the Avengers series on Disney XD will create another X-Men series. But, I would just rather see this series continue.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RandomAussie2

[22]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 4

It's a shame, but it's a year now and it's highly unlikely it'll ever be brought back. I did have issues with it - Wolverine being a role model for kids (no offence, but I don't like the character that much), the violience, in particular THAT opening sequence (not exactly subtle with the flashes of red and yellow, is it?), but this aside, it was great and one of the few things on TV I actually watch.

I've heard some intresting things, as many fans thought that Wolverine might be Kurt's Father. I thought at first it was just fan love for the character for the creators, but hey, maybe they were on to something. So many burning questions: mutants and humans living harmaniously under Apocylaspe?! Scott (seemingly) betraying the X-Men? The possibility of Jean ending up with Scott and not Logan? So many sleepless nights and no answers. God help me, I'm an insomanic

BenGirl16

[23]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 5

Hehe, welcome to the club with the insomnia

I personaly LOVE Wolverine!!! He's dangerous yet never fails to be heroic. Like with the first episode, he could have just kept on driving but he turned around anyway (I think its because he thought of the little girl in the RV). I SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOO wish the show would keep going. I only JUST found out it was 100% canceled (id feared but always hoped, now that hope is gone.O the humanity)

Lets clearify a few points: Jean always chooses Scott over Wolverine (i understand her logic, but who could withstand those pain-filled blue eyes?!); Wolverine is NOT, i repeat N-O-T, Nightcrawler's father!; and an Apocolyps movie is SUCH a long time coming!!! I want it!! NOW!!!

RandomAussie2

[24]Dec 13, 2010
    It doesn't mean it couldn't have happened in Wolverine and the X-Men. If we overskip all this Marvel multiverse nonsense (no offence), Wolverine and the X-Men is an original series based on the comic, it doesn't mean it should be completly 100% faithful. (I personally loved how it messed with all our expectations) Why did they concentrate on Kurt for so long and introduce Mystique? (Azrael wouldn't have fitted in with Wolverine and the X-Men anyway, and personally, I loathed that arc in the comic) Also, the Jean in Wolverine and the X-Men was very different to the one we know in the comic. I'm not saying that she wouldn't have chosen Scott over Logan, but it could gone in any direction. I'm not denying that scene in 'Foresight', either. But Scott, let's be honest, is pretty fragile in Wolverine and the X-Men, and her concern could easily be that of a close friend, then that of a lover. (Scott is very fragile, after all) There are hints that she is disatisfied with the relationship (the mock wave to Wolverine and their scenes between Wolverine and Jean in the flashback episode whose name eludes me). People do change, fall out of love in real life and personally, I think Jean stayed with Scott to give him a sense of stability in his life. (Scott is pretty fragile in this series) It's a clearly very possessive and slightly unhealthy relationship, although understandable given Scott's history. Well, I have mixed feelings about the character and I did like how he was presented in the series, I still don't think a character with knives in his hands is really a great role model for kids. I was also less then thrilled with Logan aiming his claws at Emma in the last ep. And that title sequence, I don't think was rally all that appropiate. (The display of the logo ain't exactly subtle) But we'll never know now UNLESS Marvel Animation produces a movie which resolves all the plot threads (not completly unlikely, here's hoping) But if it's gone, we'll have to accept it's gone.

CiaraPearson

[25]Jan 22, 2011

RandomAussie2 wrote:
    It doesn't mean it couldn't have happened in Wolverine and the X-Men. If we overskip all this Marvel multiverse nonsense (no offence), Wolverine and the X-Men is an original series based on the comic, it doesn't mean it should be completly 100% faithful. (I personally loved how it messed with all our expectations) Why did they concentrate on Kurt for so long and introduce Mystique? (Azrael wouldn't have fitted in with Wolverine and the X-Men anyway, and personally, I loathed that arc in the comic) Also, the Jean in Wolverine and the X-Men was very different to the one we know in the comic. I'm not saying that she wouldn't have chosen Scott over Logan, but it could gone in any direction. I'm not denying that scene in 'Foresight', either. But Scott, let's be honest, is pretty fragile in Wolverine and the X-Men, and her concern could easily be that of a close friend, then that of a lover. (Scott is very fragile, after all) There are hints that she is disatisfied with the relationship (the mock wave to Wolverine and their scenes between Wolverine and Jean in the flashback episode whose name eludes me). People do change, fall out of love in real life and personally, I think Jean stayed with Scott to give him a sense of stability in his life. (Scott is pretty fragile in this series) It's a clearly very possessive and slightly unhealthy relationship, although understandable given Scott's history. Well, I have mixed feelings about the character and I did like how he was presented in the series, I still don't think a character with knives in his hands is really a great role model for kids. I was also less then thrilled with Logan aiming his claws at Emma in the last ep. And that title sequence, I don't think was rally all that appropiate. (The display of the logo ain't exactly subtle) But we'll never know now UNLESS Marvel Animation produces a movie which resolves all the plot threads (not completly unlikely, here's hoping) But if it's gone, we'll have to accept it's gone.

Tell us how you really perceive Scott.

RandomAussie2

[26]Jan 23, 2011

Oi, I do like him. Really, I do Laughing

kvn12

[27]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    They should have kept it going at least give them another series to finish it, that story line was the best X-men story line in ages,

embrezar

[28]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 9

I had completely forgotten about this show until literally just minutes ago. I didn't realize it had been over two years since I saw the last episode in March '09. I was always wondering why I never heard anything about new seasons; I recall that in the end, the mutants were able to avoid the Sentinel-populated future only to have a future dominated by Apocalypse.

I would really like to see how a second season would have played out, how they would have tried to thwart Apocalypse's reign and everything. A very similar thing happened in X-Men Evolution; Apocalypse arose, made his Horsemen, and regained his full power only to have the series end rather abruptly. Why does it seem like they are deliberately avoiding storylines that revolve around Apocalypse? He's a scary dude; he's the first mutant, the only one who is truly immortal, and extremely powerful to boot, so a storyline involving him would probably never cease to provide conflict between him, his minions, and those trying to save the world from his tyranny. You think Sentinels are bad... Sentinels have nothing on Apocalypse.

That's another reason I wanted to see the second season aired; the entire first season was spent trying to prevent the Sentinels from coming to power, but in preventing their rise to power, the mutants cause a much worse future not only for themselves, but for all of mankind. There was lots of potential there, and it sucks the big hairy meatball that we won't be able to see where the writers were wanting to go with the Age of Apocalypse arc.

G3ckOz

[29]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 13

I know it's been 2 years, we're nearing 2013, i like to think some major people actually DO read these comments. So, will ANYONE bring this show back. X-men always were among the best running series, and this one was also really good. Skeptical at first, but it grew on me to the point i want more. New stuff is crap, so at least re-ignite flames of the past.

TenTen

[30]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 9

I like this series also, and I wish they didn't canceled it too.

Rabbitearsblog

[31]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 1

I was actually upset about this show being cancelled since there were some interesting things happening in this show. After I heard that Colossus and Magik were going to be apart of the main cast in the second season, I really wanted to see where this show was going!