Wolverine and the X-Men

Past Discretions

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 05, 2009 on Nicktoons Networks

• Well-paced mystery.

I consider this to be one of the better episodes. Here I was expecting the usual Wolverine drama with whatever past he's got, but really it's quite good. And a nice twist to the end.

I probably would have rated this higher if it wasn't so illogical at parts . Christie suddenly being all friendly to Logan after thinking he killed her father). Also, Rogue going to the X-mansion was a little sudden and sloppy.
  • After Hulk and now this, they shouldn't do anymore Logan-goes-off-to-the-snowy-woods side stories.

My biggest problem with this episode is that it reminds me that I wish this was all just a regular X-Men show. I admit I'm starting to find the cameo of classic characters nothing more than surface fluff. Most of the time they add nothing to the overall plot.

Here, Wolverine uncovers a bit of his past- the usual Weapon X stuff, complete with Maverick appearance. Sabertooth also debuts. But I got very confused with what is a flashback and what was present day.

This ep is a huge pit stop from the ongoing storyline of the season, and is just an exhibition in telling another redundant Wolverine backstory. This, I fear will be the biggest problem with giving Logan his own show. More boring episodes like this.

And Rogue visiting the mansion was an extreme case of sloppy sub-plotting