Wolverine and the X-Men

Rover

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 18, 2009 on Nicktoons Networks

• The Iron Giant

It is quite weird seeing a character like Marrow, basically get her own story, but I have to say, I welcomed it. It's been really neat seeing the series interweave the plots and the connections continue here. Jean, Phoenix, Polaris, many pieces are starting to fall into place. Bishop is fast becoming one of my favorite characters on the show. They do a great job with him as a leader, and he's been the key reason why the future plotline is working. Another cool continuity note was how Vanisher's teleportation works the same as Nightcrawler's. It''s always good to see writers following a set of rules. I have to dock the episode for a couple of reasons. The big one is the story itself. Rover is a Sentinel made good by Marrow, and like her favorite puppy, she resorts to childish behavior to protect it. That can be kind of annoying to watch. The idea of a good sentinel is neat, but I wish it was handled a bit differently. My other issue was the brief scene with Logan, Scott and Charles. For the first time on this whole show, someone else comes to speak to Prof X about an important matter and what happens? Xavier cold-shoulders him. Cyclops! His number 1 pupil? I absolutely hate Xavier's favoritism towards Wolverine on this show, which still hasn't been explained.