Wonder Pets!

Save the Swan!, Save the Puppy!

Aired Weekdays 11:00 AM Mar 13, 2006 on Nickelodeon

7.8
  • I remember watching that episode when I was younger but now I have different thoughts about it

I saw this episode when I was younger. I can't remember my thoughts on it at the time. But I do remember my dad walking into the room and saying "This is impossible, how could a baby Duck, a baby Turtle, and a baby guinea pig save a dog?". Back then, I thought the wonder pets was a cartoon so I replied "Dad, it's only a cartoon". I just got reminded of it recently. Ever I've been researching animals I caught a few things that weren't true in real life. Like a "baby swan" I found out it's called a "Cygnet". It irritates me when shows don't use the proper terms for young animals (like on Little Einstiens they referred the baby duck to "baby duck" or "duckie" when they can simply say "duckling") especially on preschool shows I think it's best for them to learn. And the fact that they had Tuck and Ming-Ming urinate. That's physically impossible because real world reptiles and birds excrete uric acid. At least they got the rest of it right.