Wonder Showzen

Clarence Special Report

Aired Friday 9:30 PM May 19, 2006 on MTV 2

7.8
  • They knew we would complain about the Horse Apples episode...

It would seem they knew we the viewers would complain about the previous week's episode featuring a whole show of Horse Apples. The interesting thing is that they knew this fact well beforehand as the filming of the random people in the park during the episode-long Clarence Special Report shows everyone in winter jackets, clearly indicating this wasn't filmed over the past week in response to fan reaction on forums and such.

For that alone these guys are quite the TV geniuses.

Unfortunately, its another "patience" episode, however considering that the Clarence bits are my favorite, this one wasn't so painful to watch.
    I mean, yeah the episode would be a lot better if they actually had a "regular" show...but having a whole show dedicated to the annoying Clarence is better than another
    "Horse Apples" episode.

When I first saw the episode on MTV2.com, I figured it would be great because usually the Clarence bits are painstakingly funny. But there seems to be more of a "patience" element to this episode-long bit, waiting for the random people to do something on screen instead of having the Clarence puppet provoke them into something stupid.
    Well, we are all rewarded at the very end as he gets some uninformed farmer (I say farmer because I don't know any born-and-bred New Yorkers who have ever chopped the heads off chickens) to say he thinks of his grandmother when he chokes his chicken. Heh.