Wonder Showzen

Clarence Special Report

Aired Friday 9:30 PM May 19, 2006 on MTV 2

7.8
  • Awesome

These past few episodes that they have been making (especially the Horse Apples one) have really been testing the viewer as to whether or not they can stick with the show. This episode was a whole half-hour of Clarence, the blue puppet, going around asking citizens what they think of TV. That's it. And some of the time, the people he asks don't really even talk, so the creators edited it and added some really good, mood-setting music to set the scene. At first, it was hard to get into the episode. At the beginning before the first commercial break, I told myself that if this gag continued for more then a minute, I would switch channels. But I kept watching. Fans of the show had kinda profiled this episode as a retalliation to how hated the Horse Apples episode was, as in a 'You thought that was bad? You do it better then' kinda thing. The best part was when Clarence was interviewing an angry man and the man kept yelling at the camera to stop filming him, but Clarence pointed out that the camera was moving away and the man kept walking in the way of the filming. The dramatic music pulled it off gracefully. It's amazing how well Wonder Showzen can really grab the viewer, even on really boring parts. One of the best episodes this season, hands down. *****/*****