Wonder Showzen

Mathematics

Aired Friday 9:30 PM May 12, 2006 on MTV 2

6.8
  • I dont think you get it...they're trying to make people angry. Theyre trying to make fans angry and give them seizures while simultaneously driving away MTV's demographic in their entirety.

I dont think you get it...they're trying to make people angry. Theyre trying to make fans angry and give them seizures while simultaneously driving away MTV's demographic in their entirety. Wonder Showzen is punk rock. The sex pistols spit on their fans as gg allin flung poo at his. Think of this as wonder showzen covering their fan base in their own bodily fluids...not because their ungrateful but because the whole point of the series is to f*ck with america. ------....... .... ..... ..... .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • how did they do that?

When you take Blue Collar TV and strip away a few flimsy cultural refinements, what you wind up with is Horse Apples, the REAL blue collar TV. This is Middle America showing it's true sense of humor, but Horse Apples does something different from its Comedy Central counterpart: it pokes fun AT Middle America, not with it. It's intent is to degrade, insult, mock and generally smear the Middle American cultural image, which Blue Collar TV impotently tries to portray with a kind of emerging backwoods intellectualism. The Horse Apples concept padded out to a half-hour does seem a bit much, but what ends up on screen is 30 minutes of some of the most damning and revealing subversive material I've seen in a long time, and it's all done in a monotonously but appropriately repetitious style. It seemed so viciously honest and relentless. It was eye-opening. Imagine if this episode had been two hours long! It would have been like a psycho-cultural reverse enema, dangerously counter-productive to my bovine mentality and a wrench in the large intestine of the middle american mindscape. A fitting, warped echo of GIT-R-DONE mania. You go, white people!
  • Me likey!

Me Likey more!! My friends and I were laughing to tears so much we had to stop it (tivo) and back it up over and over!!! Horse Apples! Oh, did I mention I like it. Horse Apples I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I likey !
  • Are you happy potter6233? You got your wish and a whole episode was dediced to Horse Apples...2nd worst episode behind 108-patience.

7.3
    As the previous reviewer noted, episode 207 was replaced by a whole show of Horse Apples, a bit which surfaced in episode 203-Knowledge.

For those that havent seen 203-Knowledge, Middle America comes onto the show and cleans up the show for like 5-10 minutes showing this bit called Horse Apples where ADULT actors, one of which is David Cross, dress up like southern hicks and tell a lot of stereotypical jokes of people in the deep south.

Sure, I found the bit in 203 funny, but I thought even that bit was too long for the episode running for like 5-10 minutes. I NEVER thought they could drag it out to 22 minutes, or a whole show. Looks like I was wrong.

I would not have minded so much if the jokes they told were clear...but half of the jokes either you have to replay 20 times to pick up what slurred english they are saying, or you have to whip out Urban[i] [/i]Dictionary.com to clear up definitions of their word choice in the jokes. Sure half the jokes in this episode 207 I understood, but half I did nt understand for the two previous reasons.

The episode went pretty fast because I was waiting for the joke to end and return to the normal puppet show...in that respect, this episode was a lot like Patience, episode 108, in that I was waiting for the REAL show to start, which never came.

The episode was not as bad as 108, since there were a lot of gut bustingly funny jokes, but too many jokes went unappreciated along with the burning desire to see the puppet jokes making this second worst in the show\\\\\\\'s history to 108.
  • Screwing up the curve.

The fact that they could have such vile, disgusting and absolutely derogatory humor on MTV 2 makes me give this episode a 10. They went all out, and they didn't stop. Kudos to them. Not since Jackass did anyone try to push the envelope as far as they did. Plus they basically had the whole skit cast from Conan O'Brien up as yokels.

I know it's certainly not a classic but I think people are getting put off for all the wrong reasons. I'm still watching it and I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my butt off. Cheers to Wonder Showzen
  • What happens when a concept from an already not-great episode is made into an actual 20-minute real stand-alone episode? You get something that makes people angry, and not for the reasons you want them to either.

Wonder Showzen switched up the episodes we were supposed to get, shown this, and made many fans angry. I didn't like this segment the first time it was shown, not because it was offensive, it's just that I don't depend on Wonder to repeat jokes I hear from others at my school. Showzen is supposed to be funny and smart and darkly surreal, not relying on stupid southerners-are-imbred jokes. I'm happy the writers have the freedom to do whatever they want now, but seriously, I laughed about 2 times the entire episode. I got the jokes they made... but it wasn't funny. -_-; I'm wanting to see Mathematics about 40x more now for next week's season finale, because this one didn't fulfill my weekly Showzen requirement. They could have done so much more then a middle-of-the-road Horse Apples episode.