Wonder Woman

Fausta: The Nazi Wonder Woman

Aired Unknown Apr 28, 1976 on CBS

• The Nazis kidnap Wonder Woman and force her to tell them the secret behind her powers! Unfortunately, Steve Trevor is spending too much playing the part of the token victim in order to do any good at all whatsoever. How did this guy become a Major again?

Ya gotta love those cheesy German accents. This was the sort of material that made this show so memorable in my eyes. Nazis make great villains. They’re almost as cool as Imperial Stormtroopers. But in this episode, you’ve got Fausta Grabels, a Feminazi who chooses to supplant Wonder Woman in order to learn the secrets of her powers. In this episode, we learn a little bit more about the nature of her golden lasso. As we all know, those bound inside the lasso are required to tell the truth. But what I didn’t know was that Wonder Woman was susceptible to this as well. Naturally however, the Nazis, being the bumbling ego-driven goofs that they are, screw the whole deal up and Wonder Woman manages to escape. Now I don’t mind admitting – there was something salaciously satisfying about seeing Lynda Carter bound and tied up in that golden lasso. Va-va-voom!