Wonder Woman

Fausta: The Nazi Wonder Woman

Aired Unknown Apr 28, 1976 on CBS

• A little disappointing

The Nazi Wonder Woman

I pictured WW's Nazi counterpart as an evil Amazon similar to what we've seen in the Crosby film, a blonde version of Lynda Carter (Morgan Fairchild would have been good casting) in a black WW outfit festooned with swastikas and wielding the 'Whip of Tyranny' (of course the swastika is an ancient Greek symbol so it would make sense for Amazons to wear it). But actually she's just a normal woman if a clever one. The first appearance of WW's rather fetching cape and the first of numerous Wonder Woman doubles but what's with the masks, are they off to a venetian ball or something? WW chloroformed and chained again and Steve knocked out. At this rate he's going to outdo Giles on Buffy. Of course this is the ep that get's the WW mind control fetish fans all excited, she's depowered by the removal of her belt and enslaved using her own lasso. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XAmyXM4RM&feature=related Fausta's conversion at the end takes some swallowing. We're told that Paradise Island has thrived for 26 centuries without male destructiveness. All the jaunting back and forth to Germany seems a bit farcical. You rather wonder that if she's there anyway she should use the lasso on Hitler and get him to end the war? 5/10