Wonderfalls Forums

FOX (ended 2004)

Does anyone else think that FOX IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [1]Jan 1, 2006
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    I recently bought this show on DVD after hearing how good it was from a friend of mine, Holly (BuffyAnneLove). I fell in love with the show and its characters immediately. In the short time I've been a fan, it's already become one of my all time favorite shows! It is so well acted, written, etc. I can't get enough of it. But now I really can't get enough of it. Ever. Because of FOX, this amazing show no longer airs. They are evil. They have done this exact same thing to so many other shows and it really pisses me off! There are so many great shows, including Wonderfalls, that I would have loved to see where they went and what happened. Unfortunately for me and all the loving viewers like me, the head of FOX seems to be controlled by Satan. This evil network stopped so many great shows before they barely started. How the hell are you supposed to tell if a show will be a hit after THREE EPISODES!!! FOX is evil and purely stupid. Anyone agree?

    (By the way, just a blind hope here... if FOX were to get a few thousand letters all from different people, do you think they'd maybe consider bringing the show back?)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ddkl

    ddkl

    [2]Jan 1, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 84
    Fox IS the devil. They don't give shows enough of a chance to find its audience. From what I've read on other message boards, people are really disgusted because they are taking Reunion and Arrested Development off of the air. Arrested Development is probably going to get picked up by another network, so that should make fans happy, but Reunion is gone. ABC, NBC, CBS, and even the WB give new shows a chance and move them around their lineup until they find a home with decent ratings. Fox just gives up and moves on. It sucks.

    I also have the dvds of Wonderfalls and it took me a few episodes to get into the show, but by the end of the I was addicted. At least we have the dvds. I doubt Fox will bring it back, but it would be awesome if they did.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BuffyAnneLove

    BuffyAnneLove

    [3]Jan 1, 2006
    • member since: 04/27/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 5,879
    I am so glad you enjoy it!

    I watched the little amount of episodes when they aired, so I got the DVD right away. After watching all of the episodes that did not air, I almost came to tears knowing that I would not see anymore! Such a wonderful show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MetroidSA-X

    MetroidSA-X

    [4]Jan 3, 2006
    • member since: 07/22/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 11,807
    BuffyAnneLove wrote:
    I am so glad you enjoy it!

    I watched the little amount of episodes when they aired, so I got the DVD right away. After watching all of the episodes that did not air, I almost came to tears knowing that I would not see anymore! Such a wonderful show.
    Same thing with me, I watched it when it was originally on and was hooked by the second episode. I just remember how mad I was hearing it was cancelled after a whole 4 episodes aired. Then I get the dvd and the show maintained its quality throughout the season and got really good when Jewel Staite came in. It was even sadder when I heard them talking about their future plans for the show. Oh yeah and sending in thousands of letters would never work. Networks don't care about that, I remember the whole Save Angel campaign and the thousands of people that signed an online petition, including me to keep it on air but nothing happened.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [5]Jan 3, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,754
    FOX is truly evil.

    I saw a couple of eps of Wonderfalls on a friend's cable and it's pretty good.
    And they canceled Firefly and Tru Calling too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of newerhaun

    newerhaun

    [6]Jan 5, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,532
    spikemaniac wrote:
    FOX is truly evil.

    I saw a couple of eps of Wonderfalls on a friend's cable and it's pretty good.
    And they canceled Firefly and Tru Calling too.


    And don't forget "Dark Angel." Why would you cancel a show where Jessica Alba runs around beating up bad guys and showing off her body for 60 minutes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KutieKity

    KutieKity

    [7]Jan 14, 2006
    • member since: 10/13/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 170
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    I recently bought this show on DVD after hearing how good it was from a friend of mine, Holly (BuffyAnneLove). I fell in love with the show and its characters immediately. In the short time I've been a fan, it's already become one of my all time favorite shows! It is so well acted, written, etc. I can't get enough of it. But now I really can't get enough of it. Ever. Because of FOX, this amazing show no longer airs. They are evil. They have done this exact same thing to so many other shows and it really pisses me off! There are so many great shows, including Wonderfalls, that I would have loved to see where they went and what happened. Unfortunately for me and all the loving viewers like me, the head of FOX seems to be controlled by Satan. This evil network stopped so many great shows before they barely started. How the hell are you supposed to tell if a show will be a hit after THREE EPISODES!!! FOX is evil and purely stupid. Anyone agree?


    If you like Wonderfalls so much you should check out Dead Like Me if you already haven't. It's made by the same people that made Wonderfalls. I love Wonderfalls but I think that compared to it, Dead Like Me is so much better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [8]Jan 23, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    Yes, I agree, FOX is pretty bad. But I think we have to remember also that FOX has given shows like these a chance when other networks might not have. So as much as we might want to hate FOX, I think we also have to be kinda grateful to them for even airing these programs at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cierob

    cierob

    [9]Jan 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 285
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Yes, I agree, FOX is pretty bad. But I think we have to remember also that FOX has given shows like these a chance when other networks might not have. So as much as we might want to hate FOX, I think we also have to be kinda grateful to them for even airing these programs at all.


    You're joking right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [10]Jan 25, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    No, believe it or not, I'm perfectly serious. I mean, let's be honest, shows like these are a gamble. You see it in my signature --- Tru Calling, Wonderfalls, Now and Again, Joan of Arcadia --- none of these sort of "high-concept" shows (at least the ones I like), with the possible exception of Medium (I really hope it stays on and for a good while) have lasted at all that long. The networks know this and yet they were willing to put them on the air anyway. And yeah, I know FOX mistreated Wonderfalls, but the fact still remains that they aired it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [11]Jan 26, 2006
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    agent_0042 wrote:
    No, believe it or not, I'm perfectly serious. I mean, let's be honest, shows like these are a gamble. You see it in my signature --- Tru Calling, Wonderfalls, Now and Again, Joan of Arcadia --- none of these sort of "high-concept" shows (at least the ones I like), with the possible exception of Medium (I really hope it stays on and for a good while) have lasted at all that long. The networks know this and yet they were willing to put them on the air anyway. And yeah, I know FOX mistreated Wonderfalls, but the fact still remains that they aired it.


    They only aired three episodes! And they aired them out of order, too...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [12]Jan 27, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    I haven't forgotten that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jameswilson245

    jameswilson245

    [13]Feb 3, 2006
    • member since: 09/04/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 2,005
    I think both dead like me and wonderfalls were complete crap that didnt deserve to be on tv in the first place.
    I did enjoy tru calling though and they left it on a huge cliff hanger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Placide

    Placide

    [14]Feb 22, 2006
    • member since: 08/11/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 186
    spikemaniac wrote:
    FOX is truly evil.

    When treating one of the best shows EVER like this, then yes they truly are. They also treated Firefly really badly and I'll never ever EVER forgive them.

    Wonderfalls is one of my very favourite shows of all time. Think what it could have become with even more episodes! We'll never know, thanks to FOX!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avenge_the_dead

    avenge_the_dead

    [15]Mar 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 5,406
    jameswilson245 wrote:
    I think both dead like me and wonderfalls were complete crap that didnt deserve to be on tv in the first place.
    I did enjoy tru calling though and they left it on a huge cliff hanger.

    first of all, Dead Like Me is an amazing show.
    second of all, why would you be in the Wonderfalls forum if you think that it is a crappy show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jiveabillion

    jiveabillion

    [16]Apr 13, 2006
    • member since: 02/23/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 41
    Fox is the antichrist. Wonderfalls was really great. Don't even get me started on Firefly (Intense anger builds up just thinking about it) I can't even think of all the shows they cancelled that were amazingly good, but I do know it pisses me off. You would think that they would be smart enough to use REAL reviews and ratings from people on sites like this to determine whether they should keep a show. All Neilson Families want to watch is CSI and American Idol. ARHHRHRHGHGHWEHHEHE!!!!!! so pissed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MetroidSA-X

    MetroidSA-X

    [17]Apr 19, 2006
    • member since: 07/22/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 11,807
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    agent_0042 wrote:
    No, believe it or not, I'm perfectly serious. I mean, let's be honest, shows like these are a gamble. You see it in my signature --- Tru Calling, Wonderfalls, Now and Again, Joan of Arcadia --- none of these sort of "high-concept" shows (at least the ones I like), with the possible exception of Medium (I really hope it stays on and for a good while) have lasted at all that long. The networks know this and yet they were willing to put them on the air anyway. And yeah, I know FOX mistreated Wonderfalls, but the fact still remains that they aired it.


    They only aired three episodes! And they aired them out of order, too...
    Actually i think it was four episodes...still...they didn't even give it a chance in the first place putting it on Friday and everything, it was doomed to fail.

    avenge_the_dead wrote:
    jameswilson245 wrote:
    I think both dead like me and wonderfalls were complete crap that didnt deserve to be on tv in the first place.
    I did enjoy tru calling though and they left it on a huge cliff hanger.

    first of all, Dead Like Me is an amazing show.
    second of all, why would you be in the Wonderfalls forum if you think that it is a crappy show?
    Yeah, that's a pretty stupid thing to do. Why waste your time bshing a show you don't like and annoying the people who do like the show? You don't see me going to the Laguna Beach forum saying how much I hate the show...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eds_poofed_hair

    eds_poofed_hair

    [18]May 13, 2006
    • member since: 09/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 234

    I totally agree. As I was reading that, I was wondering "Did I write this or someone else?" Wonderfalls is entertaining but Dead Like Me will always have a special place in my heart.

    As for Tru Calling, I sort of ignored that show because of how unoriginal it seemed. Tru Calling, Joan of Arcadia, Ghost Whisperer, Medium (I think)...aren't these all shows that have the same premise as the Sixth Sense? But I guess it's the implementation that matters.

    And as for Now And Again, one day I was taping Sliders (for the nostalgia) when I accidentally taped an episode of Now and Again. At first I was just going to skipped over it, but the beginning with the guy talking super-fast about some far-fetched story had me cracking up. So I watched it. I don't remember much...but the beginning reminded me of the X-Files for some reason.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyTVSrox

    buffyTVSrox

    [19]May 13, 2006
    • member since: 07/14/05
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 21,459
    eds_poofed_hair wrote:

    I totally agree. As I was reading that, I was wondering "Did I write this or someone else?" Wonderfalls is entertaining but Dead Like Me will always have a special place in my heart.

    As for Tru Calling, I sort of ignored that show because of how unoriginal it seemed. Tru Calling, Joan of Arcadia, Ghost Whisperer, Medium (I think)...aren't these all shows that have the same premise as the Sixth Sense? But I guess it's the implementation that matters.

    And as for Now And Again, one day I was taping Sliders (for the nostalgia) when I accidentally taped an episode of Now and Again. At first I was just going to skipped over it, but the beginning with the guy talking super-fast about some far-fetched story had me cracking up. So I watched it. I don't remember much...but the beginning reminded me of the X-Files for some reason.



    Trust me, Tru Calling is different and definitely worth your time. She doesn't just talk to dead people. In fact, all they really do is say "Help me", and she doesn't get to say anything back. But she relives the day and has to stop them from dieing. The constant plot twists and great writing will get you hooked if you like good TV
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of furiousfunk

    furiousfunk

    [20]May 19, 2006
    • member since: 05/09/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 404
    I disagree, I think Fox has no clue what will be a hit and what wont. I actually think these executives have down syndrome because they promote and renew the most idiotic shows and instantly cancel fantastic smart shows. Let's see how many I can think of off the top of my head...... Wonderfalls, Space:Above And Beyond, Firefly, Arrested Development, Futurama, John Doe, In Living Colour(ruined by Fox screwing over Keenan Ivory Wayans.... All of these shows were cancelled by Fox and they should still be on the air. Fox is the worst of the 5 networks, only challenged by Showtime(Damn You Showtime for Cancelling Dead Like Me!!!) for the dumbest programming executives award.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.