Wonderfalls Forums

FOX (ended 2004)

Does anyone else think that FOX IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

buffyTVSrox

[21]May 19, 2006
    • level: 33
    furiousfunk wrote:
    I disagree, I think Fox has no clue what will be a hit and what wont. I actually think these executives have down syndrome because they promote and renew the most idiotic shows and instantly cancel fantastic smart shows. Let's see how many I can think of off the top of my head...... Wonderfalls, Space:Above And Beyond, Firefly, Arrested Development, Futurama, John Doe, In Living Colour(ruined by Fox screwing over Keenan Ivory Wayans.... All of these shows were cancelled by Fox and they should still be on the air. Fox is the worst of the 5 networks, only challenged by Showtime(Damn You Showtime for Cancelling Dead Like Me!!!) for the dumbest programming executives award.

I completely agree. Who were you disagreeing with, by the way?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

furiousfunk

[22]May 21, 2006
    • level: 13
    buffyTVSrox wrote:

I completely agree. Who were you disagreeing with, by the way?

Ha, the guy I was disagreeing with deleted his post.

carolynnrennee

[23]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    *Bursts into tears* I miss "Wonderfalls" and "Firefly" SOO much...I don't know if I have the heart to try out the shows this fall...think of the show that they did bring back: "Family Guy". Sometimes I hate people...Whedonites have tried twice as hard to bring back a show 100 times better than "Family Guy"! I did feel that the conclusion of "Wonderfalls" was great though. I can't even think about it anymore...

pdhiii

[24]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 8

I gave up on FOX shows after Wonderfalls. Right now i am back on FOX and enjoying the repeats of House, hoping that my renewed faith is not in vain.

Dead Like Me lives in Canada Monday nights on Showcase for anyone who doesn't yet have the dvds.

And in case you read all of the messages like i just did, only 3 episodes aired in Canada on Global Toronto & Vancouver while 4 episodes aired on FOX and Global in Atlantic & Central time zones meaning many Canadian viewers could see only 3. Those who got the fourth episode only did so because of simulcasting of other shows that forced the timeslot to be open in those time zones. The fourth episode did air, 3 months after it was cancelled,  on a Saturday afternoon. Despite high ratings Global thought even less of Wonderfalls than FOX did and refused to persue rights to air it independant of what FOX did. Hey, like I said Global dropped the show before than FOX.

Aucturo

[25]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    Wasn't Wonderfalls on at the same time as Joan of Arcadia? if it was, that coul have contributed to its downfall. I love that show... (wonderfalls not Arcadia)

Deputy_Minister

[26]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 3
    I personally liked Joan of Arcadia and wonderfalls. They both kind of do have the same theme, but they are very different at the same time. Joan of Arcadia is much more serious, while wonderfalls is alot funnier.

LadyJay0001

[27]Aug 1, 2006
    I've never watched Joan of Arcadia. But, I love Wonderfalls. It's a shame the smooshed faced lion will be silenced forever by the evil that is FOX. Just when I was finally accepting my fate that Dead Like Me would air no more. (Thanks a lot crappy crappy Showtime)Fox gave me new hope with Wonderfalls only to step all over my heart again. I truly hope that those executives get what's coming to them. A swift kick in the A**
    Edited on 08/01/2006 9:10pm

Minor_Annoyance

[28]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 14
    I don't think Joan of Arcadia and Wonderfalls having the same basic premiss hurt Wonderfalls, since I doubt anyone knew what Wonderfalls was about. Poor marketing was the problem. I'll miss both, but JOA got bad towards the end so I can't really call it a crime that it was cancelled the way I would with Wonderfalls.
    Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and 30 Rock have the same basic premiss but like JOA and Wonderfalls they'll likely be so different in every other way that it won't matter.
    At least the networks are reusing more original ideas rather than the usual fat guy with hot wife shows.

Deputy_Minister

[29]Aug 4, 2006
    Minor_Annoyance wrote:
    but JOA got bad towards the end so I can't really call it a crime that it was cancelled the way I would with Wonderfalls.
    hey! take that back!

Minor_Annoyance

[30]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 14

Deputy_Minister wrote:
    Minor_Annoyance wrote:
    but JOA got bad towards the end so I can't really call it a crime that it was cancelled the way I would with Wonderfalls.
    hey! take that back!
    I'm sorry sir, but I can't. During the second half of the second season the characters, particularly Adam, just didn't seem like themselves. Things that should have been dramatic plot twists just seemed out of character. Not since The West Wing season five have I gone so quickly from thinking "If this show is cancelled I'm going to start a ****ing riot!" to something much less. I would have liked to have seen how Joan would defeat the Anti-Joan, but much like The West Wing season five, it would have been more interesting that entertaining. I remember hearing around the early second season somewhere that Amber Tamblyn wasn't happy about where the direction the producers were taking the show. I wasn't either.
    Edited on 08/08/2006 12:00pm

Unimaginative12

[31]Sep 17, 2006
    • level: 5
    I'm still missing Wonderalls so much.  It was like the best show that was ever on TV with Arrested Development somewhere a bit above or below it.  FOX is the devil for pretty much all shows that are as unique as these two.  And yet every season FOX makes a new low-grade cliche sitcom which not only gets ratings just as low as Wonderfalls but one can tell just from the commercial that it's pure crap and still gets more favor from FOX.

zephyrharuhi

[32]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    I, for the most part, do agree.  I just managed to get my hands on it earlier this week, from the library, and I have pretty much been watching it nonstop since.  I'm planning to buy the set soon.  But anyways, Fox is more stupid, then devilish.  If they have to base every freakin' show on ratings to decide whether it should stay on air or not, I think it pretty much shows just what kind of people run the place.  They couldn't see the potential, it was their loss (and, all of our losses), but sooner or later, their stupidity will come back and bite them in the ass, and then, we Wonderfall-fans can sit back and laugh at them, and think a little revenge has been served.  They didn't only do this to Wonderfalls, but also to Firefly, which, while they might have aired a bit longer than Wonderfalls, they screwed the show up so much, that it was no wonder they said that it didn't get the right ratings (and how could it, if they aired the episodes out of order?). 

So, yeah.  Fox = stupid devil.  Though, the only redeeming quality I can think of for Fox is that they air House MD, and that's the only reason I even bother to turn to the channel (all for snarky Hugh Laurie). 

Cwluc

[34]Dec 22, 2006
    For the record, I'll put all of my business out there. I was a HUGE fan of Wonderfalls from day 1. When I watched that show on FOX, it was like a party on whichever night they chose to air it. I remember the crappy marketing that was done for the show, and the changing timeslots, even when they put it directly against Joan of Arcadia. FOX seemed to have it out for Wonderfalls from the word go. I will never forget grabbing the episodes after I had watched them live, online and watching it over again to catch all the little looks, quirks of Jaye, and other randomness contained in each hour. I also will never forget not seeing it listed on the TV guide for the 5 episode. When the show was leaked online in its crappy crappy (I am not going to lie, the quality was rough, but we did not care) third of fourth 'ish generation copy, I watched those like the gold they truly were. I'm not sure which episode it was, but the audio was so bad we blasted the speakers and had to be absolutely still, without a peep trying to watch the show. None of us cared (yeah literally parties for Wonderfalls fans) we were watching a show that we knew we might never see again. When the announce of the DVD's came it brought tears to my eyes I could then spread the word of the show, and not have to give my sad over watched DVDR of the season out to my friends anymore. I could tell them they need to do whatever they can to watch it when they got released. Finally the show was given a leg up, but only after there was no chance of it coming back. I agree with all of the positives said about this show, and the negatives not so much, FOX has got to learn to give a chance to the shows that are truly unique and original, and stop taking them away from us because we love them so much.

Aside from my platform above, Dead Like Me came a little later because I don't have Showtime, and when the DVD's came out I was a little hesitant. I did fall in love and could not understand what had happened, why Showtime took so long to announce the show was canceled (it was supposed to come out February/March and for some reason I remember not hearing about it gone until much later on) For the record, was a huge JoA fan and agree the second season actually had me stop watching all by myself, I'm sorry, the show sunk itself. And I am eternally sorry all, I didn't pick up on the Firefly train until the movie was announce but I now stand with the rest of the browncoats, FOX needs to get it together...

I do share these shows with my friends and spread the word, who in turn buy them to view with their own friends and family, we do get together from time to time and instead of going out partying, to the movies, or random road trips we choose stay in and fire up the DVD player and take a look at some of the best television that television has ever killed. Thankfully in my home My So-Called Life and all these others can live on forever.
    Edited on 12/22/2006 10:23am
    Edited 2 total times.

sienna_luvs_tv

[35]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 13

My aunt gave me and my sister the season 1 dvd of wonderfalls when she came over from america (i'm australian), and I don't see how it could have been axed after 4 episodes. Thats just sad, because I didn't start watching my favourite tv show until half way through season 3. An australian network picked up wonderfalls (airing it at 4:00 in the afternoon, better than nothing) and it lasted MORE than 4 episodes.

And if you really hate fox watch the simpsons, they have tons of anti-fox jokes. So did futurama.

LilyStRegis76

[36]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    :

If you like Wonderfalls so much you should check out Dead Like Me if you already haven't. It's made by the same people that made Wonderfalls. I love Wonderfalls but I think that compared to it, Dead Like Me is so much better.

god, amen! Dead Like Me is my favorite show of all time, and at least it got a whole 27 episodes in *sigh. i love bryan fuller's stuff, why does it keep getting canceled?????

LilyStRegis76

[37]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    god, amen! Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, and Arrested Devolopment are my favorite shows of all time. and at least Dead Like Me got a whole 27 episodes in *sigh. i love bryan fuller's stuff, why does it keep getting canceled?????
    wtf are they thinking?!?
    actually most of the critics who reviewed dead like me are literally stupid. obsessed with superficiality and can't think too hard. i read more than a few reviews and im going-- "i didn't know you could get quite so unintelligent..."
    how ridiculous.

Blazephlozard

[38]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 18
    I can't really deny that Fox ISN'T run by the devil. Of the top of my head, cancelled shows that wer egood include but are not limited to:
    Wonderfalls
    The Rich List (one freakin' episode!!!)
    Arrested Development
    Futurama (which IS coming back, but on Comedy Central)
    My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee
    Family Guy (which they've now brought back)

quote12

[39]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    Let's not confuse our terms here. Rupert Murdoch is the Devil, Fox is just one of the devices he uses to distract us from his real work on earth. Of the American broadcast networks, Fox is by far the most interesting and infuriating. In its relatively short existence, it has far surpassed the other broadcast networks in developing and airing inventive shows. Unfortunately, it also has developed the same penchant for screwing over their audiences. I'm thankful for The Simpsons _ still going strong _ and The X-Files, but it's simply amazing that the Fox suits would greenlight a quirky show like Wonderfalls and then give it no chance whatsoever.

buffyTVSrox

[40]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 33
    Speaking of The X-Files, I'm just surprised FOX let them get past episode three without saying "Oh, we're airing a good and intelligent show! What are we thinking?!?" It must be because back then, there weren't reality shows and game shows that take an hour but are short enough to be half an hour that could've taken up the timeslot. I guess they were leaving it there as a placeholder, until they realized they could begin bathing in money after a few seasons of it. That, or someone who's not satanic was running things back then.