Wonderfalls Forums

FOX (ended 2004)

Does anyone else think that FOX IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

louisms

[41]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 13
    I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who hates Fox. Not only are they clueless as to what constitutes a good show, but the network is responsible for the most biased, agenda-driven "news" division in the main-stream media.
    Edited on 03/01/2007 7:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

osmeusa

[42]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 1
    I found out about this show last month and I fell in love with it. Really really good. Its sad that when I like a show like this or Dead like me they cancel it. They were both written by the same person... so im guessing Heroes is next

archangelcory16

[43]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 32
    No, I don't hate FOX and no, they're not the devil. Every show you guys mention is cancelled due to disastrous ratings. FOX can only truly be faulted for the demise of "Dark Angel", as the only reason they cancelled it was because they didn't want to spit out the money for two big-budget sci-fi shows, and they thought "Firefly" would be a hit. And now I can only fault them for not airing offbeat shows that break the mold of the other networks, in the last two seasons they've gotten insanely boring. They're shows used to be good and controversial, they have seemed to have lost that. But if I could go back, I'd have FOX cancel Wonderfalls all over again rather than them not ever air it at all.

Purplepenguin21

[44]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    No Fox is the devil because they expect everything to get freaking American Idol sized ratings right away. A lot of these shows were not getting the proper time to get ratings up, didn't get a good time slot (meaning they were put up against some show that everyone knew would kill them in the ratings), or they were not promoted well enough. Wonderfalls was an awesome show that did not even get a chance at full season and 9 of the 13 episodes they filmed didn't even get the chance to air. Is four episodes really enough time to deem the show a failure ratings wise? Especially since the show was teamed up with that reality show where you were suppose to guess whether the men were gay or straight. Not exactly setting the show up for success were they. Fox is definitely the devil for not seeing potential and ending too many good shows prematurely.

buffyTVSrox

[45]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 33
    And not only can FOX not gauge Wonderfalls' ratings fairly because they only aired four episodes, but also because they aired them out of order and even managed to change the day of the week it aired on after the third episode. Stop defending FOX. They didn't give the show a fair shot. A fair shot would've been a good deal of promotion (the kind USA, FX, and TNT use for their new shows), giving it a full half season to pull viewers in, keeping viewers unconfused by airing the episodes in order, and keeping the time slot consistent so the fans they had knew when to tune in. Since FOX did none of these things, I find it hard to see any reason for someone to defend them.

buffyTVSrox

[46]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 33
    Family Guy clip mentioning the shows FOX cancelled... and it doesn't even end up mentioning all of them...

jetgraphics

[47]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 9

jiveabillion wrote:
    Fox is the antichrist. Wonderfalls was really great. Don't even get me started on Firefly (Intense anger builds up just thinking about it) I can't even think of all the shows they cancelled that were amazingly good, but I do know it pisses me off. You would think that they would be smart enough to use REAL reviews and ratings from people on sites like this to determine whether they should keep a show. All Neilson Families want to watch is CSI and American Idol. ARHHRHRHGHGHWEHHEHE!!!!!! so pissed

Who is this "Neilson Family" and how can we exterminate it? 

jetgraphics

[48]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 9

louisms wrote:
    I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who hates Fox. Not only are they clueless as to what constitutes a good show, but the network is responsible for the most biased, agenda-driven "news" division in the main-stream media.

Let's give them their due... most Americans haven't a clue about real news, anyway.

It's infotainment... 

AnthonyPeaceMSR

[49]May 10, 2007
    • level: 6

fox sucks that simple ...

they didn't want a  gay Sharon and also...

they don't like real good shows look there track record ....

this was discussed over 2 years ago when it was taken off the air

also... they didn't even run it right order ...

listen to dvd set commentaries ...all is there

wittyscreenname

[50]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 16
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    Speaking of The X-Files, I'm just surprised FOX let them get past episode three without saying "Oh, we're airing a good and intelligent show! What are we thinking?!?" It must be because back then, there weren't reality shows and game shows that take an hour but are short enough to be half an hour that could've taken up the timeslot. I guess they were leaving it there as a placeholder, until they realized they could begin bathing in money after a few seasons of it. That, or someone who's not satanic was running things back then.

Yes, but now FOX is giving a lot of trouble over green-lighting a second X-files movie. So yes, they let the show run for nine seasons, but they sank their claws into it some other way...

I agree that FOX is absolutely evil for the amazing shows that it has either maimed or cancelled prematurely, particularly shows such as Wonderfalls, Dark Angel, and Dead Like Me.

jackfloyd1973

[51]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    i think it's rude to compare FOX to the devil, in that it's rude to the devil, FOX isn't evil, however they are, or were incredibly stupid, one would have to know better to qualify for evil, i'm guessing that house wasn't axed because it's not a fox production, so they probably get the right to air it rather cheaply, as for 24, it may have just simply lucked out, i also heard somewhere that fox had a regime change, maybe they switched with cbs since i expected terminator to get the axe and it was renewed, but cbs axed moonlight, maybe the idiots that axed firefly and wonderfalls are the same ones as who axed moonlight since fox didnt seem its usual axe great shows and keep crap self, but it does seem to fit cbs lately, or maybe its just a very weird coincidence

igotbupkis

[52]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 28
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    FOX is evil and purely stupid. Anyone agree?

(By the way, just a blind hope here... if FOX were to get a few thousand letters all from different people, do you think they'd maybe consider bringing the show back?)

1) Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity. Evil has its limits. Stupidity is not thus encumbered.

2) Fox is not unique in their stupidity. CBS has cancelled highly intelligent shows after as little as three eps (Love Monkey) and ABC has done it in as few as six that I've noticed (Daybreak).

3) Only NBC has shown any restraint in the last several years in this regard -- Be sure to reward them by giving their shows the first chance to capture your viewing time.

And no, especially after all this time, there is literally no chance that any major net would revive the show. (although, the situation with the 1990s show "Cupid" does give that statement pause...)
    Edited on 09/26/2008 4:38pm

rpgspree

[53]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 13

igotbupkis wrote:
    Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity. Evil has its limits. Stupidity is not thus encumbered.

Spot on, except true evil knows no bounds. Also, people confuse indifference for malice, but it can be a blurry line there as well.

Overall, the whole cancel that show to air this show problem is at the heart of why broadcast scheduling needs to be replaced with on-demand video streaming, and no, I'm not talking about that overpriced cable service either. Seriously, if people could watch whatever show they want, whenever they want, then good shows wouldn't have to duke it out in the insanely antiquated, and clearly biased, Nelson ratings, shows that are slow to pickup an audience could get a break, and networks wouldn't have to pad their schedules with completely worthless shows just for the sake of filing time slots. (Anyone seen the wasteland that's Fox's Friday night lineup?) This won't happen anytime soon because it's nearly impossible to produce a good series outside of the network/studio system that barely get this whole "Internet" thing and are absolutely unwilling to give up on their failing business model simply because they refuse to believe that the ship is sinking.

Anyway, as for Wonderfalls, I think I'm becoming a Bryan Fuller addict. I started with Dead Like Me after my mom caught the series in syndication, which then got me curious about Pushing Daisies, and now I'm catching up on Wonderfalls on DVD. I'll probably watch whatever, though probably short lived, series he comes up with next, simply because I love his irreverent quirky, yet intelligent, sense of humor and unique colorful characters. BTW, anyone notice that his cast tend to have more ladies than men? Not that I'm complaining, but TV tends to have a male gender bias that occasionally comes close to a realistic 50-50 split. I guess it's just another aspect of his shows that just don't fit the typical cookie-cuter mold.