Wonderfalls

FOX (ended 2004)

Wonderfalls Fan Reviews (83)

• I just thought it was a poor excuse for a programme and it should never have been on television in the first place.I just never saw the point in it at all, Im pretty happy they cancelled it and i hope it never returns.

A rubbish programme overall.
    One of the worst programmes ive watched except king of the hill of course thats just crap.
  • I understand

I kind of understand why wonderfalls was cancelled because even though it was funny and a little bit different it was not all that good. I mean the whole plot of it was stupid \"a girl who stuffed toys talk to her that send her on little missions". if it had not been cancelled how long would it have gone on for anyway? if you really want to cry over it being cancelled give a thought to better shows which were given the axe like, like family and dead like me.
  • Another creation from Bryan Fuller. It's about a girl who works in a souvenir shop and some of the souvenirs.. (specifcally those with faces) start talking to her.

i remember hearing about this show ages ago. it was compared to ally mcbeal but im sorry, ally was crazy... this girl isnt. this show is funny and smart. think of it more like a PG version of dead like me. her love interest was cute and the characters were multi dimensional. i dont know what channel this was shown on in the USA but in the UK, it was the timeslot and the shows before and after it that killed it. it just didnt have the same mood/ tone. i would say that if you are looking for something different, short and tidy, this is it for you.
  • I can understand why it was liked...and why it wasn't.

Wonderfalls was certainly a fun show. I definitely enjoyed the quirkiness, the humor, and the editing style of the series. However, there were certain parts of the series that could have used much improvement and were probably reasons behind its downfall.

First of all, let me say that there's no way I can "review" it without comparing this show to Showtime's Dead Like Me. The editing style and colors (not to mention the main character) reminded me so much of it, that I wasn't too surprised to later find out that the shows were cousins. The problem I found with Wonderfalls as a viewer was that I just didn't care about some of the situations. Some of the episodes were fantastic--especially any of the episodes with Chelan Simmons or Jewel Staite guest starring, not to mention the one involving Jaye getting the family's housekeeper deported to Canada.

Yet at the same time, outside of the one episode focusing on the family housekeeper, I just didn't care about Jaye's family or how they connected. For some reason their relationships just didn't pull me in and I found myself bored while viewing any scenes that were without Jaye. That definitely made some episodes drag on and left me not only uninterested, but unsure if it was worth to continue on with the series.

I know that numerous viewers are going to disagree with me here--and that's great. I'm glad that they found something they loved. It's just that for my "disinfranchised youth" family dramadies, I definitely prefer Dead Like Me, which I highly recommend instead of, or in addition to, Wonderfalls.
  • Always looking for the curious, waiting and watching for those who will risk non-formulaic avenues of entertainment and expression, I found this (13 episodes?) show very boxed-set-delivery-method fun, with strange enough humanosities at which to smile.

7.3
    You never know. The networks, the executive decisionmakers, the stars, the contracts, the costs, the raised eyebrows of the potential advertizers or the audience itself might have let this one go too soon. The production of any TV program has so many catches that hinder implementing getting the show to the public. Why would I mention this if I had no personal knowledge that some one of these pitfalls did occur? I speculate like the rest of you. I liked it. Odd and odder and oddest, maybe too much so, but not for me.
  • this show is fantastic i just finished watching it on logo because they are having a marathon i just need to watch some more because i am finding it hard to well... care about the characters.

7.4
    Oh fox once again you hve messed up I would have loved to watch new more intense episodes of wonderfalls. Try giving shows a chance test them out put them in a new slot don\'t just destroy them and cut them from tv glory. All the fans want it back and so do I.
  • Super Quirky and Super Lovable

I really liked the shows humour and plot lines. It's a quirky one though so you have to be open to that to enjoy it. The main character's personality sends me up the wall and her relationships with her family and friends can be both sad and hilarious but in the best way.
  • A decent show.

So, here we have another impressive, interesting show, that's thankfully interesting and not some sort of godawful reality mess...but it's on Fox. You know Fox, right? That network renowned for giving amazing shows a chance, then never advertising them, airing them out of order or preempting them for some tripe like American Idle, changing their place int he schedule from week to week and finally cancelling them cuz "Gee Wally, these ratings aren't so good."

I can only conclude that there are two seperate entities at work over at Fox. One likes to take these new shows and give them a place to live and grow, to go beyond the normal, dare I say crap, we see on TV. And the other entity is the one who gets to control the show once it's signed on. It's the thing that says "You're on here, opposite Monday Night Football...no wait, at 3AM on Tuesdays...no wait, Fridays at 9!" This entity is of substandard intelligence and may very well be Rupert Murdoch. But I digress.

Wonderfalls is another rare hit for Fox, if only they take the time to promote it, give it a good timeslot and keep it around long enough for it to develop a fanbase. Failing that, brace yourself for more godawful and pointless reality TV. We shall see.
  • A decent show.

• Good, not great.

7.6
    After watching my DVD set a 2nd time, I really have to say, the show was, good, but not great. Yeah, I will say that the idea is great and the cinematography and how it was shot it just, amazing, but it isn't the best and more consistent show. There are about 2 amazing episodes, and 3 that are just crap. So, with only 13 in total, that really does not say much, now does it?? I am sad it was canceled, of course, but I can kinda see why I am said to say.

It is a totally worthwhile show to rent, but not really to buy.
  • Jaye Tyler believes her life is going nowhere. That's until she has the ability to talk to animals made from materials and from there, they tell her what to do.

7.7
    I first stumbled on this show on a Saturday afternoon after a cricket match and from there, it was something I looked foward to watching every week. The show was treated very unfairly as almost every aspect and element made it what it is. Caroline Dhavernas was brilliant in her role as the apathetic Jaye Tyler who believes her life has already hit a dead end. Again, this show is apart of Fox's "programming" as it was cancelled after thirteen episodes in its only season. The show had plenty to give and wasn't given the chance to step out the door.
  • Jaye is an underacheiver. She finished college and took a job as a sales clerk. Jaye has a problem. She seems to be getting messages from inanimate objects. They give her vague instructions on helping people that she must figure out on her own.

Jaye one day started seeing inanimate objects talking to her via cgi animation. However, the messages are too vague and lead to Jaye having to scramble about to figure out what she is suppose to do. Another interesting aspect of the show is that we are never really sure of Jaye's sanity. Since no one else can see the objects talk the audience is left to decide for themselves if she is psychic,recieving devine messages or just off her tree. With a loving but slightly dysfunctional family and group of friends to try and figure out what's up with Jaye's wacky behavior. Its quirky and witty. Its shows that the Fox network didn't give a enough time to find its audience. I would have watched this show with no problem if fox hadn't been so impatience for instant hit. After 4 episode Fox cancelled the show.
  • Delightfully quirky story of an ordinary girl whose world turns extraordinary.

A pity this show only had one season. The basic premise, while similar to that of "Joan of Arcadia", is more subtle -- Jaye receives baffling instructions from unlikely sources, and the smallest of her actions cause significant changes in the lives of those around her. Nonetheless, the characters are well drawn and likeable, the acting, direction, script and production values are very fine.

But what really makes this show shine is the fearlessly innovative storytelling techniques. Scene changes look like changing slides in a ViewMaster. Camera angles swirl around drunkenly. Simple pans suddenly speed up to breakneck pace or slow to a molasses crawl. Plots switch directions unexpectedly. And the whole thing is drenched in a perfectly tuned sense of wit.

• It is a shame that few appreciate the wonders of Wonderfalls. Wonderfalls is not only unique and original. It is full of unpredictabilty humorous and contains a house of unusual and interesting characters.

Wonderfalls is a souvernir shop located in Niagra Falls and is where Jaye Tyler works. Jaye, a cynical woman who pays little or no attention to the people in her life. Is one day cursed with the ability to hear inanimate figurines talking to her. Driven by the voices of these objects, she carries out their wacky request. And only upon completing a chain of these errands does it's true purpose reveal itself.

• Fox's quick hook for "Wonderfalls" proves that mainstream American viewers simply aren't ready for such quirkly, imaginative, and occasionally dark programming.

Fox cancelled "Wonderfalls" in the spring of 2004 after airing only four episodes. Many fans speculate that Fox had it in for "Wonderfalls" from the start: Fox assigned the show a dreadful Friday night time slot for the first three episodes, then moved it to Thursday night for the final episode, opposite perennial favorites "Friends" and "CSI"; and Fox hardly promoted the show at all.

Angry rumors aside, "Wonderfalls" makes for excellent viewing. The show revolves around 24 year-old Jaye Tyler, who works in the Niagara Falls souvenir shop from which the series draws its name. Jaye lacks for neither money--her parents appear to be loaded--nor education--she recently graduated from Brown with a philosophy degree--but she lives in a trailer park and holds an entry-level position at the store; suffice it to say she's not making much of her life. "Social misfit" doesn't quite describe Jaye; she's an outcast by her own choosing. "Misanthrope" might be a better adjective, actually. All that changes, however, when a "smooshed-face wax lion" from the souvenir shop begins giving her instructions. Other inanimate animal-shaped objects (e.g., a cow creamer, a bear in a barrel, a fish mounted on the wall) soon join the lion, advising Jaye to perform various actions--some dramatic, others simple--that invariably affect the lives of those she meets. Jaye initially tries to ignore these objects, alternately believing their messages to be from God, the Devil, or her own deranged mind, but the animals keep pestering her until she finally caves in and obeys them.

I can understand why the show was never a hit with the mainstream audience so entranced with reality shows and "American Idol." "Wonderfalls" is at its tamest quirky and its most flamboyant just downright weird. It's a great show and I'm sorry that Fox pulled it, but part of me understands their reasoning. Two of the episodes that Fox did air, "Karma Chameleon" and "Wound-Up Penguin" are among the darkest and most unreal: They deal with a runaway who tries to become Jaye and an ex-nun who tries to perform an exorcism on Jaye, respectively. "'Joan of Arcadia'-minus-God" this is not.

Many of the unaired episodes included on the DVD box set are much more in-line with "normal" programming. There's a fairly standard will-they-or-won't-they love story between Jaye and the bartender at what appears to be the only restaurant of any redeeming value in Niagara Falls. (We never see anyone in the show ever eat anywhere other than "The Barrel.") The twist comes in that the bartender (Eric) is still married to his cheating wife, Heidi; the two were on their honeymoon when he caught her with the bellboy. Heidi (Jewel Staite of "Firefly") appears in a few of the later unaired episodes. It's a pity that none of Staite's scenes made it to the air, as she turns in a terrific performance as a character far removed from the always-optimistic Kaylee.

In fact, the entire cast of "Wonderfalls" is extraordinary talented. Caroline Dhavernas plays Jaye's light and dark sides equally well, which is refreshing in an era of one-note actors. Katie Finneran is also impressive as Jaye's much more successful older sister Sharon; I wish the writers would have made more use of her character after the revelations in the first episode.

In any case, I think that "Wonderfalls" would have been far better suited for basic or premium cable, where audiences are usually more accepting of such off-the-wall shows. If you enjoy quirky, imaginative, and occasional dark television, then give "Wonderfalls" a shot; you'll almost certainly be impressed. If you're more a fan of the network bread-and-butter programming, then you might just want to pass this one by. (This is not by any means to imply that one type of viewer is superior to the other. Hey, I never miss an episode of "The Simpsons.")

In the end, I regret that Fox cancelled "Wonderfalls" before it had a chance to establish a fan base, but part of me understands why. Perhaps one day the networks will stop producing carbon copies of the same show and take a chance on something more creative, but for now, we'll just have to take our refuge on cable.
  • A young woman deals with the various bric-a-brac that demands things of her.

I watched this show when it aired but Fox really jerked it around. This show came out the same year as Joan of Arcadia but is way better. If Fox had premiered this in the fall instead of as a mid-season replacement, it would've done a lot better. Pick up the dvd, it's an incredibly satisfying purchase.
  • Quirky, dramatic, and utterly hilarious.

I was quite excited when I heard about this show. It sounded really cool. In fact, days after Fox had announced that "Wonderfalls" would be premiering in January, I marked my calendar, threw up a fansite, and waited.

However, during the premiere, I was unfortunate enough to have my mother in the room, and she bugged me to change the channel after hearing the constant language. I tried to justify it by saying the language had probably been used to get Fox to buy it, and episodes later wouldn't be as bad, but she didn't listen. So I had to change the channel. And after that, I was never home on Fridays and the next thing I knew, Fox had canceled it. I consequently just forgot about it.

A couple of weeks ago I happened across a "Wonderfalls" set on Ebay and bought it. It came just a few days ago and I popped it in and watched over half of the 13 episodes. I was right, it seems. After the pilot the language is not bad at all, just a few words per ep. And the show is highly original, and so funny yet dramatic that whenever I watch it a constant smile is on my face.

I understand that Gail Berman, the head of Fox, wa s also in love with this show, and was sad to see it go, and therefore released the rights in hopes that another network would snatch it up. Sadly, no one did, and all that will ever be is those 13 beautiful episodes.

The premise of the series is quite original, but also similar to "Joan of Arcadia". (Although this premiered after JoA, in the same season, each show was being developed at the same time so it's simply coincidence.) The main character is a 24-year-old college graduate who has ended up working retail in a tourist shop at Niagra Falls, called Wonderfalls. In the pilot, animal figures begin talking to her and prompting her to do things. Is she crazy? Is it God? Is it Satan?

Well, presumably, from gathering clues in the episodes and watching the extras on the DVD, it's God. Although from the things those creatures say you wouldn't think it...

If this show looks interesting to you at all, please buy it. I promise you, it would be money well spent.
  • Hooked 20 minutes into the pilot

10 years ago, I watched the pilot episode of Wonderfalls on TV for the first time. About 20 minutes in, the main character, Jaye Tyler, starts chasing after a quarter following a little wax lion's instructions to do so. As she runs down stairs to try and catch the bouncing coin she asks herself, "oh my god, what am I doing?!" At this point, I was completely sold on this show.

Seemingly banal and pointless instructions from (normally) inanimate animal objects like "lick the lightswitch" or "take a picture" have huge ripple effects that ultimately improve Jaye's life and the lives of those she encounters. This show has often been compared to "Joan of Arcadia", which on the surface is apt. However, Wonderfalls is so much more fun and charming. Watching underachiever Jaye go from thinking she's completely lost her marbles to begrudgingly doing what the talking muses tell her to do is nearly always hilarious. Not just because of the absurdity of her tasks, but also due to the show's characters' wit and snark.

While the show is actually pretty grounded (aside from the bossy animal figures) and deals a lot with the characters' relationships, it has at often times reminded me of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Not surprising since one of the show's creators, Bryan Fuller, loves the movie. While Wonderfalls isn't nearly as influenced by the movie as Fuller's other show, Pushing Daisies (also excellent), there's something at the heart of it that captures some of Amlie's magic.

Even 10 years after this show first graced screens, I still don't get tired of watching it again. The great dialog and humor is a huge factor in the show's re-watch-ability. And while this show was short-lived, the creators did a good job of offering the viewers a bit of closure after only 13 episodes - a feat few cancelled programs manage to do.

The show was beloved by its fans, who campaigned very hard to get it released on DVD through . Even after it was announced that Wonderfalls would find new life on DVD shelves, the fans worked hard to promote the release and created a site made specifically to introduce potential new viewers to the show.

Wonderfalls is something special. Just give it a chance an it'll capture you with its charm.
  • Jaye Tyler is a bright, beautiful underachiever who works in a dead-end job in Niagara Falls. That is, until inanimate animal characters of all types suddenly become animated, and started giving her cryptic messages that drive the action of each episode.

It's a crime that this quirky, very original one-hour sitcom was cancelled. The lead character, Caroline Dhavernas, played Jaye Tyler, a bright, beautiful underachiever who worked in a dead-end job in a Niagara Falls gift shop. She was responsibility and committment-phobic. That is, until inanimate animal characters of all types–stuffed ones, sculpted ones, cartoons, road signs, whatever–suddenly became animated, and started giving her cryptic messages that drove the action of each episode. She always followed the advice, and usually it worked out for the best, when she succeeded in figuring out what it really meant. Only Jaye and the TV viewers could see the animated characters, so we were never really sure whether this was really happening, or a symptom of Jaye's mental Illness. Please bring Wonderfalls back!
  • A good show.

"Wonderfalls" was a great show. Unfortunately I found this out a few years too late; I enjoy this on DVD and never watched it on Fox. Why? Well, after reflecting on this question for the four days it took me to watch all 13 wonderful episodes, I realize that I didn't watch it because of the network it was on: Fox. Fox just isn't a channel I think of where smart witty programs are concerned-- which is what "Wonderfalls" is. Bryan Fuller created this show and also "Dead Like Me", and both shows have a well earned place in my library. I'll have to wait till Fuller comes out with a new great show. Hopefully I won't miss it.
  • This show was only on for a few episodes. I found it accidentally at the video store and watched it on a whim. Wow! I was surprised at how good it was.

Apparently the show ran for only a few episodes. The biggest reason I can see for this show not catching on is the marketing. One of the bonus features on the DVD is the original trailers for the show. These made the show look to strange and uninsteresting.

The show itself it witty and engaging. I love the way the animals talk. From listening to the commentary, they had some good plans on where to take the show. Sadly, no one watched it so it was cancelled.
  • A tragedy in the world of television only to be rediscovered on DVD.

Another very different yet enjoyable show from creator Bryan Fuller who is also responsible for the greatness that was Dead Like Me. Wonderfalls was for me one of those shows that takes a while to really get into. In fact it wasn't until episode 8 that I truely found myself inlove with the great show.

It's a shame that FOX cut this show after it's 4th episode before even reaching it's prime.

This show for many may be seen as silly but to those who are looking for a differnt kind of show and not the usual bore that exists on today's television, will enjoy it.
  • she's bitter, she hears voices, and she's funny!

This is a show that should have caught on in a big way. I suspect if it had aired on any network but Fox (once famous for taking chances on the unconventional, now famous for cancelling series in absurdly short times), it might have built a following like that of, say, "Early Edition" (with which it bears some resemblance) or "Joan of Arcadia". The show did have a rabid following, but unfortunately too small initially to satisfy its network -- now without the patience to build audience (curiously, this very small-start, big-potential phenomenon, left to itself, 'made' Fox as a network -- its flagship we-are-a-real-network-dammit show, "X-Files" started out as a dog with a rabid following).

Anyway, great cast, but the writing really drove things. The show had assembled a group of writers that showed promise to write for years and not get stale, led by execs who seemed to know exactly where to go between humor and humanity to make great television.

At least we got to see all 13 of the episodes shot (on DVD -- Fox now has two shows that had great dvd sales even though the network did everything in its power to kill them dead -- this and "Firefly. Maybe they will learn from this, but don't count on it. This show only lasted four on broadcast.)

Check the show out. You won't be disappointed.
  • A fantastic, sweet, funny, and original show cut down before it ever got a chance to find it's audience. An incisive love story and ingeniously creative character writing make Wonderfalls well worth a watch. Find it, watch it, and love it.

Like most people I never saw or even heard of Wonderfalls until it was already over. As most everyone by this point should know Wonderfalls is another tragic case of a fantastic, sweet, funny, and creative show cut down before it ever got a chance to find its audience. But its not too late to get a taste for what could’ve been in a very solid little dvd set; which is how I and most likely you will have to discover Wonderfalls.

The story, in a nutshell, follows Jaye an overeducated, underemployed, disaffected young woman living in Niagara Falls. As the series opens Jaye begins receiving cryptic messages telling her ultimately to do good deeds. These messages are delivered by the unusual medium of inanimate animal objects, meaning things like the stuffed teddy bear or little wax lion at Jaye workplace, a tourist gift shop, have begun to talk to her. As you might imagine this is more than a little disconcerting to our heroine, could it be she’s gone insane? Is it God? Or maybe the devil? But Jaye does begin following the advice of her new animal friends as best she can, to pretty surprising results.

That’s the somewhat convoluted, hook for the show but what makes Wonderfalls so charming is the characters and their relationships, especially between Jaye and her maybe potential boyfriend the damaged bartender Eric, This is one of those rare character relationships that is so charming, and beautiful and frank that you can’t understand how these two don’t just know they belong together right from the start. The chemistry between Jaye and Eric is so palpable it would make Wonderfalls a worthy watch even if everything and everyone else on the show was garbage. Of course it’s not though and I was honestly entertained at every turn.

I’m a bit of a sucker for a good love story, and for me that’s the best thing that Wonderfalls provides. Sure its quirky and funny, random and sarcastic; but these are what make the show good, the romance is what makes it great. Check this show out, you really won’t regret it.
  • It never had a chance.

Fox is evil. They take excellent shows and put them in horrible time slots and kill them! This show was so creative. The writing was great and the premise was original. I have no clue why the Fox people would put it in a dead time slot and not let it have a chance to build an audience. They killed not only Wonderfalls but Firefly too. I don't know why they would even take these shows if they were just going to bury them! Buy the DVD set. It is so funny and interesting. Maybe it was good that they only gave us 13 episodes so that it didn't have a chance to jump the shark.
  • Maybe it's just as well Wonderfalls only went 13 episodes. Now it will stay a perfect little gem.

This show was a huge hit in my house. The quirky stories, the interesting characters, the snappy dialogue all connected with everyone. Then BOOM, after four (or was it five) episodes it was gone. Cancelled before it's time and before it could find a bigger audience. My oldest daughter was still doing "Jaye" one liners a year later.

Thank god for the fans who didn't forget the show, and raised enough ruckus to get it out on DVD.

Oh well, maybe it's just as well Wonderfalls only went 13 episodes. Now it will always stay a perfect little gem.
  • Guilty pleasure or maybe there is deep meaning within the show. The decision is yours to make but the humor is for all to enjoy. That is if you find talking plastic lions that make you do the right thing funny.

It is such a stupid idea a little plastic lion that talks to this young woman. I saw the first show and was hooked. I could not stop laughing. I do not care if she is really hearing the monkey, lion, or pink flamingo. I do not want to figure out if she is schizophrenic and hearing voices of hearing the voice of G_d. I never want these questions answers. I just enjoy the humor of it. Jaye is a self-center individual that only does things for herself. She is now forced by inanimate objects to do the right thing or be tormented until she does by their endless chatter. Now, that would be such a nice punishment to give to any ego-centric individual that has invaded my life. A schizophrenic turned good by the voices they heard. I love watching her be tormented into to doing the right thing. And, by the way, would she stop hearing voices if she did the right thing independent of her voices. Or, have the voices shown her that those of us that do the right thing, are actual ego-centric because we get joy from the acts of kindness we do. Again, these are questions best left unanswered because they allow the show its humor. It is a must to watch and luckily it is on DVD. If you ever need a good laugh but want to be left with a few questions so as not to feel too guilty about watching a mindless silly show... because maybe there is inter-meaning to be had here. or not.
  • Yet Another Show Killed By FOX

Witty, whimsical and wonderful!! These are some of the words that best describe this show. I absolutely love it!! Caroline Dhavernas is just perfect for the part of the slacker reluctant protagonist. Her character is sarcastic yet adorable at the same time. The supporting cast is equally great as well. Katie Finneran's character seems straight-laced but at the same time so unexpectedly hilarious. Tyron Leitso is just so charming. It is such a pity that this series was canceled so soon. Anyway, I am savoring every minute of every episode as they are being shown here. My favorite episode is 'Cocktail Bunny'. The 'licking the light switch' scene was just the best!!
  • It's normal to have animal figurines talk to you...Right?

Wonderfalls was one of those shows that I had no idea what I was getting myself in to. Sure, I saw the preview with the cow creamer talking to Jaye, but I simply thought she was a woman with problems, mentally. Boy, was I wrong! Well, almost (I suppose it's never proven that Jaye's NOT insane). Right from the opening sequence I knew this was something completely different. And then came the wax lion. The wax lion that can talk. Why are these animal figurines suddenly talking to Jaye? Well, that's the problem. I'd like to tell you that by the end of our story in Niagra Falls, everything is laid out on the table for us and we have the perfect ending, but I can't because the brilliant powers that be at FOX don't think we deserve that. At least here, we have some sort of closure with the relationships Jaye has with her family and friends. It's interesting to see the direction Jaye goes in life from the beginning of the series to the end. Our favorite Gen-Y slacker gets plenty of guidance from her talking pals to assist other people out of trouble, and even send herself on the path to self-actualization. So, even though we never find out who's behind all the madness in Wonderfalls, we get an excellent and intriguing story that's worth being seen.
  • A completely original gem!

I can understand why it wasn't a popular success. Like many other shows that get cancelled (see: Arrested Development), most viewers just didn't get it. It's too smart. Which is really sad, because Wonderfalls really is a diamond in the rough. The characters are very well-developed and the graphics are quite clever (the monkey? Perfect!). Caroline Dhavernas is cast perfectly as Jaye and you really get a sense of her conflicted nature as the tourist tsotchkes start telling her what to do. Her family (Aaron, Sharon, and Darren) are hilarious as well. Tracie Toms is especially wonderful as Jaye's best friend Mahandra, and Tyrone Leitso is, well, a dish.

This show wasn't given enough of a chance. But even if Fox had backed it, I don't think it could have gotten the viewership necessary to be a competitor. It was too strange...which is why I loved it so much! I highly recommend renting it on DVD to see all 14 episodes. The writers knew the show was being cancelled and wrapped up the story line very nicely in the end.
< 1 2 3