Wonderfalls

FOX (ended 2004)

Wonderfalls Fan Reviews (83)

• A completely original gem!

I can understand why it wasn't a popular success. Like many other shows that get cancelled (see: Arrested Development), most viewers just didn't get it. It's too smart. Which is really sad, because Wonderfalls really is a diamond in the rough. The characters are very well-developed and the graphics are quite clever (the monkey? Perfect!). Caroline Dhavernas is cast perfectly as Jaye and you really get a sense of her conflicted nature as the tourist tsotchkes start telling her what to do. Her family (Aaron, Sharon, and Darren) are hilarious as well. Tracie Toms is especially wonderful as Jaye's best friend Mahandra, and Tyrone Leitso is, well, a dish.

This show wasn't given enough of a chance. But even if Fox had backed it, I don't think it could have gotten the viewership necessary to be a competitor. It was too strange...which is why I loved it so much! I highly recommend renting it on DVD to see all 14 episodes. The writers knew the show was being cancelled and wrapped up the story line very nicely in the end.