Wonderfalls

Wax Lion

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 12, 2004 on FOX

• Overeducated and underpaid? Who can't relate!

After hearing good things about the series I just finished watching this episode online and found it enjoyable. There were some faults like it wasn't as smart and funny as it should be but it was an entertaining episode overall. I feel FOX was misplaced to handle a series like this, they don't really do quirky-smart humor. I thought the plotting of the episode was smart and pretty funny, it's a good setting to place a show. The problems I felt with this episode was I feel this lead character is out there in this series on her own, expected to carry the entire program and I just don't know if she's likeable enough. It was a good episode and I look forward to watching episode two but I can't see this as a long-running series to any extent. She's great but enough to make an audience watch episode two on purpose, she needs a better supporting cast. The plot was creative and inventive and I feel that's what saved the show to become the cult-hit it is, I can't wait to find out what's going on with these animals talking to her, very animorphism of FOX to dare to do. Overall, a good episode with some tweaks that may or may not be taken care of.