Tuesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

Doug - trainer dead.

clinthammer

[1]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    Doug Blasdell dies

so sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16530871/
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taylor_

[2]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 10
    Yeah, it is too bad. i liked the fact that they added a dedication of the seasont Doug. I hope that at the end or at least soemtime in the series it is addressed by Jackie. I would like to know what she thinks, hell I'd like to kinda know how all of them take it.

chinesefood9

[3]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 2
     there is  an interview with Jesse about his death and everything on afterelton.com   doug's other interview is also on that website

MsLeo

[4]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    I just saw this message on here.  I didn't know that he passed away.  This is really tragic.  I too hope to see how they deal with this on the show or if they will choose to just go on as if it didn't happen and we just stop seeing Doug in the shows.

telvisnostic

[5]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 52
    From what i've read they will be dealing with it in the show.  I'm not sure about the death part, but they will talk about him going to the hospital and not being well.

DragonFlyJones

[6]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    i liked doug, he seemed like the most level headed out of all of them, there wasn't too much drama with him probably because he was a little older.

dorkeyONE91

[7]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 6
    telvisnostic wrote:
    From what i've read they will be dealing with it in the show.  I'm not sure about the death part, but they will talk about him going to the hospital and not being well.

yeah..I read an Interview Jackie did when she said we would be able to see how Dougs death affected the trainers

Deznaj

[8]Apr 18, 2007

It's sad for sure, but lets face it: on yearly basis hunderds of people die of brain tumours (benign and maligne) but nobody seems to care about them. Yet one semi-famous guy dies and all of a sudden everybody is sad. You do realize that you are all sad for a guy you don't even know, you just have seen him on television in a 'reality' show. Or does that mean that the lives of famous people are more precious? Now THAT is sad...

One good thing though: it shows people that even with a healthy body and lifest*le you are prone to disease and ultimately death. A little fat might even save your life due to the fact that fat is a natural energy-reserve in times of need. So before you get all 'ripped' like the people in this series, think about that!

taylor_

[9]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 10

well Denznaj... you are entitled to your opinion, however when someone, assumingly "most people".

When they hear of a sad event or someone, no matter who they are, is sick said person will wish them well.
    Or if a tragedy/death occurs "said person" might feel sad, because its something People do.
    People have compassion, for others it is what being human is all about.

I am not saying people should loose sleep over it, but because they know about it, it is a SAD occurrence. Looking at the big picture, Compassion pretty common considering it is contained in so much literature, and art; fictional and non.

Truly there is nothing that your issue has anything to do with Famous. Also, it is Not a "reality show", It is a documentary more than a reality show on MTV where the houses are stocked with liquor even though half the cast is under drinking age. I am not stating that some people don't decide to be a little more dramatic as a result of the cameras, but the events in this show are not scripted with ultimately decisions left up to producers, with control over casts. The person who is in control of what happens is truly Jackie.

And to your second statement about the trainer in question, is True, that everyone is Ultimately prone to sickness or health issues. Yet, if a person is healthy they are considerably more tolerable to what they encounter, speaking from experience and research that is. Also, if you watched the episode in which all the trainers had their body fat calculated everyone had healthy ranges save for Jessie. the only instance that body fat ranging above a unhealthy limit would save a persons life is if they were deprived of food for months on end with nothing but bread and water.

Yet, the true reason that Doug passed away was that he was so distraught about his partners condition, and taking care of other people, that he forgot to take care of himself. At the time, he had a cold, which lingered on instead of getting better, because he was so mentally distraught. When someone doesn't take care of themselves even something as simple as a cold can be deadly.

And is Doug's case his organs started having problems, ultimately leading to more serious condition because of dehydration. Last time I checked, that has nothing to do with body fat. Sky Sport and Spa is not about being "Ripped" it is about being healthy, period.

It may seem hard to believe but when people get older, the chemical in their brain that is produced to tell the person that they are thirsty diminishes. Doug was 44, at this point he'd more prone to that, I myself know many in this age range and most of them have this issue. It would have been very easy for Doug to be dehydrated when he was that distracted.

It's important overall, that people should use facts more that cannon opinion to make judgement, because when ya think bout it; yeah, society done work that way.

Jessica222

[10]May 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    last night was the ep. that peeler finds out. =(! brian and doug were like best friends, i feel so bad! its really a shame cause jesse and doug were fighting and i can image he feels bad

nief17

[11]May 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    This show is so underappreciated. I hate that!

Jessica222

[12]May 3, 2007

nief17 wrote:
    This show is so underappreciated. I hate that!

i know!! the show is awesome

LikeItOrNot

[13]May 8, 2007
    • level: 11
    You know what bugs me about Jesse's reaction..When he was saying like "why" did it have to happen to him, he was such a great guy..etc. blablabla. Like other people are more deserving to die or something. Life doesn't work like that.

Jessica222

[14]May 9, 2007

LikeItOrNot wrote:
    You know what bugs me about Jesse's reaction..When he was saying like "why" did it have to happen to him, he was such a great guy..etc. blablabla. Like other people are more deserving to die or something. Life doesn't work like that.

i dont think he means it like that doug was more worth living than other people... i think he meant like why did it have to happen to someone so close, like why does it have to happen at all, not it should have been someone else

dorkeyONE91

[15]May 9, 2007
    I know..Doug was so young..and he knew he was gonna die and that made it so saddd...poor Doug..Im happy Jesse at least got to make peace with him before he died though

JayElleEmm

[16]May 14, 2007
    JESSE ROCKS!

dorkeyONE91

[17]May 14, 2007
    dude Jesse's amazing lol

JayElleEmm

[18]May 15, 2007
    why do they all gang up on him!?

dorkeyONE91

[19]May 16, 2007
    Deznaj wrote:

It's sad for sure, but lets face it: on yearly basis hunderds of people die of brain tumours (benign and maligne) but nobody seems to care about them. Yet one semi-famous guy dies and all of a sudden everybody is sad. You do realize that you are all sad for a guy you don't even know, you just have seen him on television in a 'reality' show. Or does that mean that the lives of famous people are more precious? Now THAT is sad...

One good thing though: it shows people that even with a healthy body and lifest*le you are prone to disease and ultimately death. A little fat might even save your life due to the fact that fat is a natural energy-reserve in times of need. So before you get all 'ripped' like the people in this series, think about that!

um...on be half of me..and anyone who might have lost a family member as suddenly as Doug was lost....STFU

JayElleEmm

[20]May 16, 2007
    dorkeyONE91 wrote:
    Deznaj wrote:

um...on be half of me..and anyone who might have lost a family member as suddenly as Doug was lost....STFU

SAME HERE!