Work Out Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

Doug - trainer dead.

LikeItOrNot

[21]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    dorkeyONE91 wrote:
    Deznaj wrote:

It's sad for sure, but lets face it: on yearly basis hunderds of people die of brain tumours (benign and maligne) but nobody seems to care about them. Yet one semi-famous guy dies and all of a sudden everybody is sad. You do realize that you are all sad for a guy you don't even know, you just have seen him on television in a 'reality' show. Or does that mean that the lives of famous people are more precious? Now THAT is sad...

One good thing though: it shows people that even with a healthy body and lifest*le you are prone to disease and ultimately death. A little fat might even save your life due to the fact that fat is a natural energy-reserve in times of need. So before you get all 'ripped' like the people in this series, think about that!

um...on be half of me..and anyone who might have lost a family member as suddenly as Doug was lost....STFU

Yeah, but face it. You wouldn't be as sad for "Anyone who might have lost a family member suddenly" as you are about Doug. You would probably tell the person you're sorry and give your condolences and go back to whatever you were feeling before.

The rest of the person's post is stupid and makes me think they're fat and looking for an excuse to be fat. Regardless if you weigh 100lbs or 5,000 yes, you WILL die and can DIE a natural or unnatural death. The ultimate fact is still that people who live healthier lifestyles are healthier in general. Doug is dead but probably didn't live the last years of his life with any health issues such as cancer, blood pressure problems, etc unlike someone else his age. Question to think about: How many people around the age of 44 do you know of that aren't on any medications? Aren't having health issues? Aren't "tired" all the time and need 11hrs of sleep or to take a nap in the evening? Don't have headaches? Don't have acid reflux or other digestive issues? Don't frequently catch colds or the flu? Heart Disease and clogged arteries? All preventable things if people would learn to take care of themselves by eating right, never mind lifting weights.

I rather die suddenly than be a fat, lazy, unhealthy pig who can't enjoy life and has to sleep a lot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JayElleEmm

[22]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    LikeItOrNot wrote:
    dorkeyONE91 wrote:
    Deznaj wrote:

It's sad for sure, but lets face it: on yearly basis hunderds of people die of brain tumours (benign and maligne) but nobody seems to care about them. Yet one semi-famous guy dies and all of a sudden everybody is sad. You do realize that you are all sad for a guy you don't even know, you just have seen him on television in a 'reality' show. Or does that mean that the lives of famous people are more precious? Now THAT is sad...

One good thing though: it shows people that even with a healthy body and lifest*le you are prone to disease and ultimately death. A little fat might even save your life due to the fact that fat is a natural energy-reserve in times of need. So before you get all 'ripped' like the people in this series, think about that!

um...on be half of me..and anyone who might have lost a family member as suddenly as Doug was lost....STFU

Yeah, but face it. You wouldn't be as sad for "Anyone who might have lost a family member suddenly" as you are about Doug. You would probably tell the person you're sorry and give your condolences and go back to whatever you were feeling before.

The rest of the person's post is stupid and makes me think they're fat and looking for an excuse to be fat. Regardless if you weigh 100lbs or 5,000 yes, you WILL die and can DIE a natural or unnatural death. The ultimate fact is still that people who live healthier lifestyles are healthier in general. Doug is dead but probably didn't live the last years of his life with any health issues such as cancer, blood pressure problems, etc unlike someone else his age. Question to think about: How many people around the age of 44 do you know of that aren't on any medications? Aren't having health issues? Aren't "tired" all the time and need 11hrs of sleep or to take a nap in the evening? Don't have headaches? Don't have acid reflux or other digestive issues? Don't frequently catch colds or the flu? Heart Disease and clogged arteries? All preventable things if people would learn to take care of themselves by eating right, never mind lifting weights.

I rather die suddenly than be a fat, lazy, unhealthy pig who can't enjoy life and has to sleep a lot.

i feel bad because doug was a good person.. not cause he was famous.. and as far as the other half goes.. SERIOUSLY, i'd rather be able to enjoy life
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.