World of Quest

The CW (ended 2008)

JusticeLeaguer

World of Quest Fan Reviews (8)

7.1
  • This show was kind of funny but it sucks

I don't like this show but I would watch it if it was on

the problems with it is that it doesn't have a developed enough story or world. Everything looks likes it's been made up as the creators go. The characters are undeveloped and so are the villains

this show is undeveloped.
  • The only flash failure by CW 4kids

as much as like Kids WB flash (Mucha Lucha, Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island, & Skunk Fu) this one I'm just not feeling it.

for one thing the joke seem they been recycled from My Gym Parter's a Monkey & Tak & the Power of Juju

second I watch a few episode 7 they seem a bit slick from many Kid WB/CW 4kids shows & it was orignally from Canada's Teletoons. & last but not least it could use work & with all do respect I think World of Quest isn't as good as the ones above, it would be best if it only had one season

This show has no reason to exist. This is quite possibly the worst episode yet. This show has absolutely no value at all. End it now!
  • world of quest? more like world of rubbish

i have currently only seen the commercials for this show, and frankly, i'm glad i have never gotten up early enough to see this rubbish. I love the fact that it's cancelled as it is a shrivelled piece of nothingness that does not deserve any more chances. tHE Only ThinG It deserveS Is A trip to the Scrap yarD, whicH Would Be Its Final Trip. i have seen so many better things. this is rubbish. i hate it. i do not know which is worse, this shrivelled up piece of drivel or johnny test. euither way, i have 2 words: CANCEL IT
  • It actually took a second look to start to appreciate the odd angles that this show was using.

On the surface, the storyline was abysmal and so corny that I felt like I was watching some social building cartoon from the 80's. I still can't stand there truly "non-evil" and very oddly remedial villains. Those guy's seriously went to school of evil riding the short bus. But after catching a few pieces of episode dealing only with the main characters, the junction of snide sarcasm, "over the top" enthusiasm and bizarre base story of Quest and Nestor's past relationship, I soon found that I was laughing,,, and often at the absurdity of a medieval Dungeons and Dragons done with the humour style as a bunch of NewYork yuppies with too much espresso. I've watched it on purpose for awhile now. I don't care where the story goes, I'm there for the laughs.
  • I love this show :)

OK. Where should I start?

Character apperance:

1) Nestor.
    God, he is so handsome. I love his hair and his uniform/armour. BUT square eyes?!WTF??? Square face? Fine, I can accept, but square eyes?! I also like his snake-firing thingy. And for some reason he has a backpack on his back, which he never uses... His personality is good. He's spoiled, arrogant, and yet, cute to watch :)
    2) Quest.
    Could use a smaller jaw... His personality is pretty good. But he could still use some "humanity"and "softness".
    3) Graer.
    He's good drawn too. But it's a little bit strange to see a half-lion, half-eagle animal with a high-tech wing armour. His personality is toleratable, could be more friendly.
    4) Way.
    Could be more female-like. I think she would be cuter if she had some hair. She should have more personality and more spotlight.
    5) Anna.
    She would be better in a skirt, but I don't complain much about that. Could have a bigger chest :) And less tattoo'es. I don't have anything against her, but damn, she is so ANOYING! Anna is the least of my favorite good guys. her personality lacks some strenght.
    6) General Ogun. Good apperance, great personality.
    7) Lord Spite.
    Why the hell does he has a metre long horn on his head?!! I will never know... He could be more talented, more strong and definatly more evil, than he is now...
    Story:

Pretty good. A bunch of good guys vs. some badguys in a race for swords. Nothing to complain...

Theme song, music : superb! Theme song is really catchy (I use it on my mobile phone), nice quitar chords. The music is pretty good too.

Voices: Nestors voice is the best. Quest sometimes sounds hoarse.

Humour: Well, I do however have to admit, that sometimes it is really lame. The creators have over done it with fart and snot jokes. And sometimes the rest of the jokes are pretty painfull too...

Misc.:
    I agree to everyone, who said that Quest should stop torturing Nestor so much. I mean, it is sometimes funny when he says something unpleasant to him, or kicks him in the butt. But, this makes Quest look like a badguy! Seriously, Quest should be angry at the queen who banished him, not her son... So, I think that even Quest should show some love to the young prince. And here's another thing I don't understand : if Nestori s the prince, THE PRINCE, the heir to the throne of all Odyssea, then it should be logical, that he should have unlimited power to everything. Instead everyone dissobey's him. One time he went to a small city demanding they should let g his jester friend. The mayor refused! If I was the mayor, and the prince, muture king of all odyssea came knoking on my door, I wouldn't even think of not obeying him. So, that's my pint : Nestor doesn't have any Power, though he is the prince, what's up with that?!

In conclusion: World of Quest is a great cartoon. I highly recomend it to everyone. Also, I hope it will have a second season soon...
  • its a show based on a book that just so happens to spark my intrest

I watched this show when it first aired and i wasnt sure about it at first. then i watched it a few more saturdays and came to really like the show. it is based on a graphic novel by jason kruz. as most know books are always better well this is the case with this show too. the book has a very detailed plot and set of events and the characters are much more...well defined in the comic. as well the humor in the comic suggests some adult or teenage humor to it. though the two are almost entirly different i think that on its own the show does quite well.
  • While "World of Quest" has excellent character design, great voice work and some interesting characters, it's too full of mediocre gags to easily involve viewers. But, better writing could make this show very popular.

"World of Quest" is the latest in a series of questing-knight-and-monster cartoons to hit the airwaves, and it's an unusually accomplished one. It uses Flash animation, along with some excellent artwork, to put across characters and gags effectively, and it's graced with a stellar voice cast. Outstanding is Ron Pardo, who does the voice of Quest, the big-muscled meanie bespelled to join spoiled Prince Nestor on his quest to rescue his kidnapped parents, and Graer, an easygoing blowhard of a griffin. Also great is Landon Norris, whose voice gives Nestor a vulnerability and humanity that enhances the character tremendously; Nestor could come across as a completely unlikeable brat if a less-gifted voice actor had been chosen for him. The plot of the show, as mentioned, is the quest Prince Nestor undertakes to rescue his parents from Lord Spite, a weird, rather effeminate monster who wants to - you guessed it - rule the world. Eventually joining Nestor on his journey is the aforementioned Quest (he's big, overmuscled, has no sense of humor, and enjoys bullying Nestor because he has a grudge against the boy's mother, who banished him. Not a real likeable guy. But he helps keep the plot moving along, so he's a necessary evil); Gatling, a half man/half robot along the lines of Cyborg on Teen Titans and who sports a British accent, and Anna Maht, a wizard's apprentice who has a crush on Quest and who ignores Nestor, who has a crush on her.

The show is something of a mixed bag. Again, the character designs are great, as is the voice work, it has a catchy theme song, and yet, the show is plagued with a common TV cartoon ailment: subpar writing. Fart jokes and booger jokes take the place of any real humor, many of the gag lines fall flat, and because of this, sometimes the show is downright boring. My little brother, who's 7, is already tired of it. I'm not there yet, but I'm afraid it could definitely happen if there aren't some improvements made. For one, I wish the characters would interact better than they do. For instance, Quest's bullying of Nestor, which is supposedly motivated by Nestor's brattiness, sometimes actually makes the Prince an object of sympathy. The kid has flaws, but after all, he only wants to rescue his parents and suffers a great deal for that goal. And while it's understandable that Quest bullies the prince (because of the grudge and the fact he's a jerk), it's a mystery why Graer, supposedly the Prince's friend, allows it to go on and even seems to enjoy it. As does Anna Maht and Gatling. Since Nestor doesn't seem to do anything to irritate *them*, their indifference to his pain is a little offputting. Don't get me wrong - it's fun sometimes to see Nestor's pride get punctured, it's just that it gets to the point of cruelty when everyone around him seems so uncaring about his plight. The cast desperately needs humanizing in order for us to care about what happens to them, and fortunately there are some elements that might help in that department. For instance, Nestor could pursue that crush of his on Anna Maht, Graer could show more concern for his young friend (and a backstory as to why he's Nestor's friend in the first place might be interesting), Anna could at times fret over being rebuffed by Quest (which Nestor could spot as an opening, which he could - clumsily - follow up on), and Quest could show a human side from time to time. These improvements, plus scripts with punchier dialogue, could make this show a pleasure to watch. As it is, well...a little of Quest (both the show and the character) goes a long way.
  • It's the lamest show ever.

This is axel223 with today's review. Today we're reviewing kidswb newest show: World of quest. Lamest show ever, this show has poor characters, terrible plot, and an annoying world. Even the theme songs lame for multiple reasons. I'm with Quest about hating the spoiled prince Nester. That brat Nester doesn't deserve the crown and the throne of the kingdom. Oh and by the way, griffins don't talk let alone other animals. And the episodes are 15 minutes short. Hardly qualifies as a tv show. This show should be rejected. And on top of all that the main villain's the lamest of them all! Anyways, I'm giving this show a 1 out of 10. Until then, later!