World Poker Tour

Wednesday 9:00 PM on FOX Sports Premiered Mar 01, 2003 In Season

World Poker Tour Fan Reviews (15)

• Not a fan any more

There is too much BS and not enough poker. Cover the even and show hand after hand. Cover the play. If you want to do a fluff show make it a separate show. Feature table and show the play at that table so we can get a sense of what is going on. You show so little poker now that there is no flow, no insight to the strategy. It is just fluff. Just cover the game, no interviews no bs or back stories.
  • If you love Texas hold'em, this is the show for you.

Since i enjoy playing poker, i really enjoy watching the World Poker Tour where you can pick up tips by watching the pros! The World Poker Tour show shows the final table of major events. The players are playing for huge stakes sometimes over two million dollars, which makes watching this show exciting since players are desperate to win that huge amount of money. Not only are viewers of the show watching professionals play poker, they can also see the cards that the players are playing. This is great for people who wish to learn how to play certain hands of poker. Very entertaining show.
  • Good solid poker show for those that like it.

One of the better poker shows out there -- second to High Stakes Poker and the WSOP coverage.

I've rented the DVDs for older seasons and some of the coverage can be pretty good. Announcers actually understand the game and make some insightful comments..

Players are a good mix of pros and up and coming amateurs and wanna bees...

Always fun to watch people make million dollar decisions -- makes Survivor / etc. etc. look like a bunch of kids fighting over a stack of pennies..

Shows like this demonstrate how different styles, approaches ,and experience continue to make poker the best game out there.
  • Watch this on Saturday afternoons in winter.

You usually have guys nobody ever heard of making it to the final table where they vie for a million dollars in cash, but even 2nd usually gets a half million.

Good show to try and guess the right move since nobody knows which card will be drawn next. Texas No Limit Holdem is the favorite poker game because its simple, all the cards, besides the players 2 cards, are on the table; then the dealer plops down 5 cards and the best hand wins - unless someone is good at bluffing.

The only downside to the way its editted is that during the final 15 minutes if its down to 2 guys and the guy with the least amount of money goes ALL IN, you know hes going to win since if he lost the show would end 15 minutes too early! Likewise if the guy with more than half the money goes ALL IN with 5 minutes or less to go, you know he has it in the bag since there wouldnt be enough time for another hand if he lost.
  • This is a great poker show.

The world poker is one of the best poker shows on TV. I like to watch it because I like poker. I must be the only person I know who even knows how to play it. But there's no debating for me that poker is a good game and that the World Poker Tour is the highest poker show airing. And so if you love poker, you've got, I mean GOT to watch it. Hear it? If you like poker, you'll watch this show, because it's simply probably the best poker show on TV. Lots of fun and a great way to learn how to play.
  • Hot Texas Hold-em action from around the world.

This is one of my personal favourites, and definately an underappreaciated one. The best poker players in the world are featured in this programme, as well as great locations and great hosts. I thought the first three seasons were very good, although Season 1 was a little bit bland, but I guess it was because it was brand new. Season 4 was good but I thought the hostess was a little off-key at times.
    I think this programme works because of the way the commentators work off each other, and of course the hostess, which adds to the entire programme.
    I thoroughly recommend this programme.
  • I love poker => I love WPT

Some of you may hate wathing or playing poker. So be it. Don't watch or play poker (more precise No-Limit Texas Hold'em because that is the game they show on TV and it's the most popular type of poker) then. For those who like/love playing it, just for fun or for money, poker shows are great entertainment, either for watching how the pros play, the thrill of huge pots at stake or trying to pick up a few tricks for your own poker playing.

The WPT has the biggest price pools of all the poker shows, that means the best players join the tournaments and therefore the WPT is one of the best shows. Great show.
  • Poker matches for huge amounts of money and fame.

Another poker show that I can not believe that i watch. I even saw a commercial recently (Diet Pepsi I think) where the can of pop is playing poker. They use actual poker player and i recognised them. Wow, I never would have thought that. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to with you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. It is a lot more fun than it sounds.
  • At least give this show one saturday watch. You might be surprised at how much you enjoy it.

I gave this show a decent score because, to me, it is fun to watch.
    It\'s a bit suspenseful, and watching the players bluffs, outfits, fake-out comments, and those sunglasses are great.
    The commentators, I believe I could do without. The game is pure luck, good bluffs, and knowing when to go in for the kill.
    I love poker and watching the show can be a learning experience if one pays very close attention to all the players and their tactics instead of concentrating on only one.
    People tend to disregard the player with the lowest pot but much of the time, that low bidder comes back to put the bite on some big name poker greats butts.
    You might not like it, but at least, give it a watch one saturday.
  • It's alright, but it could be better.

The World Poker Tour. I would like to say that I absolutely love this show, but I can't. Yes, I do really like it, but there are parts of the show that I don't like. Such as the times when the show goes to a commercial break during the middle of the hand. I find that irritating, because it seems like they are saying "hold up play while we go to this commercial break". However, that is the only thing that I don't like that much about the show. With that said, what I find great about the show is how it goes to various locations around the world and how there are players from all over the world, truly living up to the name "World Poker Tour". Another thing that I like about the show is how if Mike and Vince used specific terms that amateur wouldn't be familar with, the definition of that term would be shown on the screen. In all, I find this to be a pretty good, yet not great, show about poker.
  • Poker is hands down the worse spectator sport EVER!

0.4
    As an avid poker fan I just don't get it. I love the game of poker, and I love playing it whenever I get the chance, but I don't understand how Poker can garner such high ratings. Poker is hands down the worse spectator sport EVER! Yet for some reason, people tune in in droves. To everyone who watch the myriade of incredibly BAD poker shows, do yourself a favor. turn off the TV, and invite some friends over and get a game started. You won't regret it. TRUST ME!
  • Good Show

World Poker Tour is a excellent show which shows you the world of poker (duh!) many pros show up just to take some chips off of other pros and WHEW! what is there to say about Shana Hiatt except Hot! lol but i defintely recommended this show to anyone who likes poker or is just getting into it.
  • fun

playing poker is my fav and watching poker is my second. i like to see how all of the players react to differect things in the game i hope to make it to the final table one day and be on a ep. of the show that would be great
  • A great show for poker. What more can I say?

The world poker tour airs in the UK as well. I like to watch it because I like poker. I must be the only person I know who even knows how to play it. We just don't play it that much here in the UK. But there's no debating for me that poker is a good game and that the World Poker Tour is the highest poker show airing. And so if you love poker, you've got, I mean GOT to watch it. Hear it? If you like poker, you'll watch this show, because it's simply probably the best poker show on TV.
  • Revolutionized the "sport".. but hurting it at the same time.

7.4
    I'm a poker fan, even before the Hold 'Em boom. WPT lead the way to making poker a common activity again.. ( that plus online gaming sites making it easy to find a game ). The first season I was glued to my set learning how the pro's play and amazed that there was actually a TV show about poker.

However, if you really decide to play poker (either at home games and/or casino's), you will learn that tournaments like the one's on TV are not won in a couple hands, or the crazy one-hand bluffs. It's the style, the consistency, and the attitude of play that allows you to win. WPT is nothing but all-in showdowns. Granted.. a knock out is a major event of a tournament.. and it should be shown/talked about/analyzed. But.. the editing of the tourny into two hours really hurts the true nature of the "sport". I wait see someone show more of the tournament... (perhaps follow the winner from first hand to final table.). Granted.. it's not good TV.. but it's a better reflection of the game.