World's Wildest Police Videos

Monday 3:00 PM on Spike TV Premiered Apr 01, 1998 In Season

World's Wildest Police Videos Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

7.4
  • I have questions about this show, which I find disturbing:

1. Nearly all of the clips are from southern American (i.e Texas) states. (Hardly "World's" Wildest Police Videos)
    2. You never see a black police officer. Only black criminals.
    3. John Bunnell talks in a slow, patronising voice, (obviously targeting an audience of limited intelligence...)
    4. The criminals often dangerously evade police for miles during pursuits, avoiding roadblocks, 'spike strips' etc., making the police look incompetent.
    5. The tapes are very dated; some are over 10 years old!
    6. John Bunnell's teeth are so whitened that they glow in the dark and are scary.
    To a citizen of the United Kingdom, (that's a small island, part of Europe, by the way), the show shows a level of violence, over-use of weapons, racism, and evidence of inbreeding that shows the true face of America: A paranoid xenophobic nation of warmongers, obsessed with world domination, oil, and power.
  • I watch this show for the crashes!!!

This reality tv show is quite good especially the pursuits which sometimes lead to crashes and that's what I think we should have, just the crashes and the pursuits and then you have a cool tv show!!! I just watch this show for the crashes at the end of the pursuits, some being really disastrous!!!
  • I can't believe people like this stuff.

It's fake! The video is real, but the presentation is fake.

Consider the following questions....

Q. Why is the voice of the helicopter reporter the same regardless of where in the country the video was shot?

A. It's fake. The reporter is sitting in a studio watching the video years after it was shot. It's called a voice-over.

Q. How is it we can hear the sirens, squeeling wheels and crashes from the helicopters?

A. We can't! They have a good foley artist. That's a sound effects guy. Like the reporters voice, the sound is added in the studio as part of the production of the TV show.

Q. How do they make time go backwards?!?

A. Watch the clocks on the dashcam videos. Time moves backwards. Why? Because the video is heavily edited to make the video appear more exciting.

This show implies that what we are seeing is how the incident happened. While the video is real, we aren't viewing things as they happened. We are seeing it the way the producers want us to see it.
  • I can't believe people like this stuff.

It's fake! The video is real, but the presentation is fake.

Consider the following questions....

Q. How do they make time go backwards?!?

This show implies that what we are seeing is how the incident happened. While the video is real, we arn't viewing things as they happened. We are seeing it the way the producers want us to see it.
  • this show rocks

7.7
    there are many reasons why i like this show. first of all the footage that it shows. its awesome, sometimes its funny, othertimes its not so funny and more serious but some of the criminals are really hilarious. the second thing is the host hes allright. put those 2 together and you have a gr8 action seeking program.
  • Get rid of Bunnell. THEN you have a great show!

This was one of the most underappreciated shows on TV and then people realized when it was taken off.

Each night it's on TV so I try to watch it. Even though I've seen most of the episodes, this is one show where I can watch the same episodes over and over and not get sick of them.

It's entertaining and the majority of the time, it leaves you on the edge of your seat.

The show had two main downsides in my opinon. First, John Bunnell. Took himself WAY too seriously. It's annoying when I'm trying to watch a chase and he cuts in saying, "This guy has no intention of stopping!"

The second flaw, in my opinion, is when they show what's coming up on the episodes (what other chases you will be seeing). They show so much footage that it ends up ruining it sometimes. I've learned to look away.

Good show, I REALLY hope it will be brought out on DVD, but it's seriously doubtful.
  • this is a great tv programme sherriff John Bunnell is an absolute legend he is hillerious without trying to be.

this is a great tv programme sherriff John Bunnell is an absolute legend he is hillerious without trying to be. it takes you to some of the most ferotious crimes ever caught on camera with Bunnell dilivering commentry its one of my favourette tv shows. id rate it 8.5 out of 10
  • Wall to Wall Police Action!

World's Wildest Police Videos is a reality crime TV series which shows video footage including chases involving police cars, store theft/breaking and entering incidents, and riots. Most of the videos are from U.S. police departments, but many are from other nations as well. Video sources include cameras from police cars, helicopters, store security systems, news reporters, and private citizens.

It is hosted by John Bunnell, a retired police officer and sheriff (Multnomah County, Oregon), with a degree in social science. Each episode opens with Bunnell warning viewers "Due to the graphic nature of this program, viewer discretion is advised."

A typical episode, "Pit Maneuver", includes sections entitled: "Pit Maneuver", "Car Thieves", "Rainy Chase", "Big Rig Road Block", "Jumping Off Bridge", and "Drunk Drivers." This was soon dropped, and replaced with just clips with segues into each of them by Bunnell.

The series ran on Fox from 1998-2002. Reruns currently air on Spike TV in America, and on five and Bravo in the United Kingdom. Certain episodes aired on ITV in the UK under the title Police in Action, not to be confused with the ITV-made programme Police, Camera, Action, hosted by Alistair Stewart.

A video game based on the series was released for the PlayStation in 2001, entitled World's Scariest Police Chases. It featured the voice of Bunnell. The game begins in the same way as the show, with Bunnell warning "Due to the graphic nature of this game, player discretion is advised."

• The show wouldn't be as cutting edge, as exciting or as hilarious without the host. The narrator is so bad that he's brilliant. The footage shown is pretty exhilerating also, but the host makes this show what it is!

7.4
    In summary, World's Widest Police Videos is the perfect show for when your bored on a friday night when nothing else is on TV. If your watching it with a sibling or friend, it's always good to have a laugh at the over-dramatized dialogue produced by the narrator. Some of the footage is quite entertaining to watch and you know deep down, you want the criminal to escape but they always manage to get caught. ;) Never the less, acceptable show which has a novelty position in some viewer's fav. tv show list.
  • Cops, but with an overbearing host who takes himself too seriously.

Police Videos is the cheapest of reality programs. You take footage of police actions, and string them together with the occasional segment with the host, a retired cop who's been around the block a few times.

The show itself is informative and educational, teaching police tactics and showing people why thye should stay on the straight and narrow. It's honest to... Sometimes, the bad guy gets away.

The only problem is the Sherrif, who really takes himself too seriously, and should have done his sequences slightly tonguyt in cheek. Being stern is fine, but when you're obviously faking it, you need to lighten up.
  • This would be an awesome show if it weren't for the overexaggerating windbag of a narrator. Good action. Good video. Terrible narration.

4.5
    The moron who narrates this otherwise entertaining show is a complete windbag. He will overexaggerate the most mundane events, while misrepresenting what is really going on. Example: Imagine a man walking a straight line. You can obviously see the man walking perfectly straight. The numbskull in charge of narrating says "The subject staggers with every step, and struggles to even stay on his feet. He's completely smashed, and our hero's the police know it." I'm all for COPS and reality police shows, but this announcer has got to be the worst of the worst.
1 2 >