Worst Week Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Petition

mdstudio

[1]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 5

I've heard that CBS is going to decide on Worst Week's fate soon. If you like the show, sign the petition and email CBS!

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/worst-week-petition-to-save-cbs-bad-luck-tv-show/

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ilovthevu

[2]Nov 11, 2008
    I think they are going to get rid of it. It's so low on the ratings FOR CBS as I just seen on the ratings. My problem though is that they aren't advertising the new episodes for this show, or the Big Bang Theory. I'm scared they might get rid of that show too. That show makes me laugh, and that's about the only show that makes me laugh except maybe Jay Leno Headlines.

mp34mp

[3]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    It's still doing better than "How I Met Your Mother", which is awful and should be canceled. But a 2.9 drop from WW's lead-in & to its followup is pretty bad. Apparently a lot of people are turning off CBS at the 9:30/8:30 e/c half hour. I can see how the show's pace can make people irritable.

Ilovthevu

[4]Nov 17, 2008
    Well, it says they are ordering an additional 3 more episodes which doesn't sound that good, but at least they ordered them.

TvFreak7

[5]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 26
    Trust me. They will keep The Big Bang Theory. It is getting around 10 million viewers an episode. And 10 mil for an 8:00 sitcom is really good. And I don't see them keeping Worst Week. It's not that great. And Old Christine and Rules of Engagement both do better in that timeslot so if anything they would move one of those shows back to that slot before the keep Worst Week.

TvFreak7

[6]Nov 24, 2008
    Oh and How I Met Your Mother is a really funny show. It's better than Worst Week.

And I'm not here to bash. So, don't get mad. lol

mp34mp

[7]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 16
    TvFreak7 wrote:
    Oh and How I Met Your Mother is a really funny show. It's better than Worst Week.

And I'm not here to bash. So, don't get mad. lol

I gave up on How I Met Your Mother after the Britney Spears farce. That was just a cheap ratings stunt. After the 3rd season, the writing just got so bad it became unwatchable. I used to really like that show, but it just got so bad. Weak and unfunny.

retawd

[8]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    I don't want this show to continue. It was funny when it was originally called Meet the Parents, but watching this ripoff just makes me sad inside.

hrgaffney

[9]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 51
    retawd wrote:
    I don't want this show to continue. It was funny when it was originally called Meet the Parents, but watching this ripoff just makes me sad inside.

I agree. It's just not very good. There must be better stuff to slot in this space.

krussell47

[10]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    I like this show, but agree that CBS will most likely cancel it because of the ratings. This would be shame but I am finally getting used to shows I like getting cancelled due to ratings even though they are quality programming. And with How I Met Your Mother, how could you think about cancelling this show. The whole cast works so well together and I really want to know who the girl with the yellow umbrella is!?!

lawgotham

[11]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    It's a shame, this is one of the funniest comedies to come down the pike in a while. I love Kurtwood Smith, great comic timing.

Ilovthevu

[12]Jan 21, 2009

The thing though is that this show isn't doing bad at all in the ratings compared to other networks. Two weeks ago, the ratings for Worst Week were the 3rd lowest of the CBS shows. The other 2 shows lower were Flashpoint, and Old Christine. So, it's one of the worst for the networks, but yet it's getting high ratings compared to many of the other network shows.

TvFreak7

[13]Feb 4, 2009
    Ilovthevu wrote:

The thing though is that this show isn't doing bad at all in the ratings compared to other networks. Two weeks ago, the ratings for Worst Week were the 3rd lowest of the CBS shows. The other 2 shows lower were Flashpoint, and Old Christine. So, it's one of the worst for the networks, but yet it's getting high ratings compared to many of the other network shows.

It has to do with the two and a half men lead in. when christine wa in this spot it kept a lot of 2.5 mens viewers. worst week is loosing a lot of 2.5 mens viewers. If worst week was getting its same viewership on Wednesday at 8 with no lead in. then it would be renewed no doubt.