Worst Week Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

The CBS new comedy "Worst Week" beat NBC's Hit "Heroes"

TvFreak7

[1]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 26

CONGRATULATIONS! to the new CBS comedy Worst Week for beating Heroes. Worst Week ratings were 11.1 million viewers (also beating the CBS comedy hit "The Big Bang Theory") and Heroes with 9.9 million viewers!

We'll see how the second episode's ratings are.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stikkio

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 13
    I am shocked - im sat watching the first episode and its like bad its not even funny i loved our version - im a uk'er and it had me in hysterics but this one is like what - its pretty much the same script but i dont find sam and mel very likeable either - Ben Miller and Sarah Alexander had that quirkyness on them that you just softened to. Heroes is a much better programme and i cannot wait to watch the first episodes of the new seasons of it

kopeckee

[3]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 20
    this show makes me laugh laugh laugh ..

mp34mp

[4]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    Stikkio wrote:
    I am shocked - im sat watching the first episode and its like bad its not even funny i loved our version - im a uk'er and it had me in hysterics but this one is like what - its pretty much the same script but i dont find sam and mel very likeable either - Ben Miller and Sarah Alexander had that quirkyness on them that you just softened to.

Unfortunately, due to the sad state that is U.S. Comedy Sitcoms, a show like this passes as extremely good. I tend to hold a high threshold to comedies (and I've seen hundreds much, much worse in my 30 years) and this show doesn't insult my intelligence, doesn't come off as sophomoric, tho some of the bits tend to be really obvious on what's going to happen. And I'm not a fan of ripping-off someone's script (concepts are concepts, but Americanizing a foreign script word by word is just wrong IMO). The real test will be what happens when they run out of UK scripts and some new writing has to be done, which we'll find out probably in Season 2.