Worst Week

The Puppy

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Jan 19, 2009 on CBS

• A few amusing moments within a lot of dross.

This episode was okay in parts and absolutely useless in others. There were a few nice moments in it. Angela talking about blinging blackberrys when she clearly had no clue as to what a blackberry is or what bling means tickled me but mostly this was stupid. The whole thing with Dick locking himself out and making Sam get Angela's key was so contrived I could not believe it. The birthing class was quite good where he tries to avoid seeing the video. Otherwise this was a mediocre episode of an excruciatingly mediocre series. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you.
  • Disappointing and generic.

It really is disappointing when a 4.3 score for an episode of Worst Week is average. I really don't know how this show is on the air as it's the weak link of the CBS Monday lineup. When a show has to resort to having a woman walk in on a naked man you know they're reaching. It was funny when Seinfeld did it over 15 years ago. Now, not so much. Sam was mildly funny at the birthing class when he mentioned how his 4 years in the AV Club gave him the knowledge of how to use a plug, but for the most part this was yet another dull episode.