We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

WWE ECW Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

ECW the last episode discussion for 2.16.10

What was your favorite year of the WWE's ECW?

telvisnostic

[41]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 52
    Alright Tiffany, you show off your training girl.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JandSman

[42]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 32
    I like the match so far.

telvisnostic

[43]Feb 16, 2010
    ballin1347 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ballin1347 wrote:
    If by that you mean crappier, slower, less exciting wrestling than I agree.
    Well you've got to remember, in the Indies and overseas, a promo doesn't always get you over. It's your skills that do.

Over here in this company, you really have to talk to make the fans love you. As much I adore Dean Malenko and his superb skills, the dude was as good as a brick on the mic. That sort of stuff can hold one back.

True. You also have to have "the look" but that's a different story.
    He has the look. Just not a tan.

Randyspeeps

[44]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:
    She seems to be a better wrestler than Maria.

telvisnostic

[45]Feb 16, 2010
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    She seems to be a better wrestler than Maria.
    I'd have to say, Mae Young at her age is a better wrestler than Maria.
    Edited on 02/16/2010 7:57pm

dannyranger8

[46]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 16
    Ezekiel Jackson is the last ECW Champion!

ballin1347

[47]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 18
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ballin1347 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ballin1347 wrote:
    If by that you mean crappier, slower, less exciting wrestling than I agree.
    Well you've got to remember, in the Indies and overseas, a promo doesn't always get you over. It's your skills that do.

Over here in this company, you really have to talk to make the fans love you. As much I adore Dean Malenko and his superb skills, the dude was as good as a brick on the mic. That sort of stuff can hold one back.

True. You also have to have "the look" but that's a different story.
    He has the look. Just not a tan.

So shouldn't Sheamus be his mentor?

Jackson's got the belt? Meh, I don't even care.

Randyspeeps

[48]Feb 16, 2010
    Very interesting decision by the WWE. If they have plans for the ECW title I think it's a smart move by giving the belt to Jackson. If they don't, It's an alrght move, but one that's pointless.

ECW is gone forever...some would argue that it's been dead for years.

Hurricane1123

[49]Feb 16, 2010
    So what's Ezekial going to do now with the ECW Title?

Anyway, it's been a pleasure to be with you guys here on the ECW board.

JandSman

[50]Feb 16, 2010
    I don't agree with the decision at all to give Ezekial the belt. The show should end on a proud happy moment. Someone winning the title in a unfair way is not how ECW should have gone out.

Zhiner

[51]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 16
    A very nice match to end ECW,

A may be a little late but Zeke looks good with the ecw title.I wish they could just changed the belt a little ,and keep it for the low-card wrestlers with nothing to do now...

telvisnostic

[52]Feb 16, 2010
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Very interesting decision by the WWE. If they have plans for the ECW title I think it's a smart move by giving the belt to Jackson. If they don't, It's an alrght move, but one that's pointless. ECW is gone forever...some would argue that it's been dead for years.
    It has been.

telvisnostic

[53]Feb 16, 2010
    I'm at the people on Facebook **** about the ending to the match. It's pretty funny.
    Edited on 02/16/2010 8:35pm

JandSman

[54]Feb 16, 2010
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I'm at the people on Facebook **** about the ending to the match. It's pretty funny.
    i was pretty mad about the ending but then i accpeted it as it may go into a future storyline

telvisnostic

[55]Feb 16, 2010

I didn't mind it one bit and it's not because I am a fan of his either. It was time for Christian to lose.

PWinsider wrote:
    The decision to put Ezekiel Jackson over for the ECW title was a Vince McMahon decision to give Jackson momentum as he heads to the Smackdown brand. There were some on the creative who pushed for Christian to retain to give ECW a "happy ending" but it was shot down.

There were also some who wanted to do something to honor the ECW legacy, including bringing back old names for a cameo on tonight's show, but the edict was that it was more important to get WWE NXT over and to close out ECW as quickly as possible.

Speaking of Jackson, he made ECW history twice in one night. Not only did he win the "final" ECW championship match, but as Leon Peters sent along, as also the shortest reigning ECW Champion ever. From the moment the bell rang after the 3-count until the show faded to black and went off the air, his reign lasted all of 2 minutes, 59 seconds. He broke the previous record held by The Sandman. Sandman's 5th and final ECW Title reign lasted 6 minutes, 32 seconds on the night he won the belt from Steve Corino at ECW Guilty As Charged 2001 and lost it to Rhino.

qfrodri85

[56]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 27
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Well, I'll have to DM or Youtube this later tomorrow.

Not gonna watch this, because I got a last-minute thing not much ago. One of my friends had her friend die not much ago in a trip... and that means she won't attend the Beyonce concert, which leads to me going to that concert (free Super VIP ticket that Telefonica gave to my house, like 4 of those). I didn't want to attend originally, but what the hell, I'll go (along with a girl I don't like, my brother and his girlfriend)... the thing I really look forward most to in the Beyonce concert is getting to see the FIFA World Cup Trophy (which will be shown minutes before the concert). Other than that, I don't know which is worse: the Jerry Springer segment from Raw, Nasty Boys on tv or the idea of hearing "Single Ladies" live.
    Try to have some fun.
    Best part of the concert was the intro with "Crazy In Love" for me. Not that the rest of the concert sucked, but it was a surprisingly good pop concert... but in terms of concerts in Peru, this doesn't even come close to Metallica's concert. Maybe I'll blog about her concert at tvdotcom.

Read the stuff on the ECW episode. Jackson as last champion seemed predictable as in a "last way to bastardize ECW" thing.

NYGBRIAN246

[57]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 8
    Wasn't happy with the winner, but in end no one gets the "title".

Also what the reason to kill ECW? I think they should have killed off Superstar if they wanted to put on NXT. I'm gonna miss ECW. Now we're back to two brands...

Crulex1369

[58]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 27
    telvisnostic wrote:

I didn't mind it one bit and it's not because I am a fan of his either. It was time for Christian to lose.

PWinsider wrote:
    The decision to put Ezekiel Jackson over for the ECW title was a Vince McMahon decision to give Jackson momentum as he heads to the Smackdownbrand. There were some on the creative who pushed for Christian to retain to give ECW a "happy ending" but it was shot down.

There were also some who wanted to do something to honor the ECW legacy, including bringing back old names for a cameo on tonight's show, but the edict was that it was more important to get WWENXT over and to close out ECW as quickly as possible.

Speaking of Jackson, he made ECW history twice in one night. Not only did he win the "final" ECW championship match, but as Leon Peterssent along, as also the shortest reigning ECW Champion ever. From the moment the bell rang after the 3-count until the show faded to black and went off the air, his reign lasted all of 2 minutes, 59 seconds. He broke the previous record held by The Sandman. Sandman's 5th and final ECW Title reign lasted 6 minutes, 32 seconds on the night he won the belt from Steve Corino at ECW Guilty As Charged 2001 and lost it to Rhino.

I'm a bit mixed with the ending. I liked that my boy Jackson broke two records and finally got some momentum heading back to SD! (The will be no stoppin!), but why not just let Christian leave with the title? He still wouldn't have it when he switched brands and not being champion for 3 minutes wouldn't kill either Jackson's or Christian's career. It seems as much as it favored Jackson for the better, an unhappy ending doesn't suit the end of a show IMO. Meh, the ECW Brand was good and I'll miss it, but as the bastardized third tier brand whose only redeeming points where the better looking belt (I like silver more than gold), the theme song and rejuvenate of careers of Matt Hardy, Kane, Henry and others, I say good riddance. I'll be watching NXT next week to check it out. Looks decent from what I've heard.

telvisnostic

[59]Feb 17, 2010

Dreamer speaks.

"Tommy Dreamer | WWE Universe

Well with tonight marking the last episode of ECW. I will stick to my guns. I have one more blog after this and I am done. My friend Joey S.tyles has a great blog on WWE Universe about ECW and he addressed many of my thoughts(you think that guy knows how to tell a story of something almost like he was an announcer). I suggest you give it a read. He left out that on WWE C.lassics that I am his co host and I have a great time doing that. As a follower of the old ECW you get some deep insight into the insane behind the scenes of crazy ECW. We also have a ton of fun and make alot of jokes at everyones expense.

The Internet is a buzz about WWE dropping the ECW ball. Well lets look at what the world likes to call the WWE's greatest blunder the XFL. It looked like a great idea on paper. It had great network support but after the first week and great ratings, those ratings started to fall. Why? I feel the level of play. Many die hard football fans realized that there was a reason the players were not in the NFL. Maybe they just did not belong. That could also hold true to the tv show ECW, no matter how hard we all worked, it could never be what it was, for so many reasons, I do not want to get into. However everyone wants to knock Vince McMahon for the XFL, but look at this many aspects of the XFL have been stolen by the NFL. The field camera view. The behind the scene lockeroom stuff. Having the viewer be almost on the field at all times, was what the XFL was all about. The NFL Network and every channel that carries football now does what that XFL tried to bring. So instead of blaming Vince. He deserves some credit for shaping the NFL the way it is today. As well as having the grapefruits for taking on the task.If you think about it Vince McMahon's vision good or bad has us all talking about his actions.

Many WWE Superstars had taken pride being on the ECW brand. I personally want to thank them all for their bumps,sweat and bruises during their ECW tenure.Everyone wanted more for themselves and the brand. I am sure Christian will continue to work his hardest to entertain on the last ECW show.

Here is my #2 favorite personal moment of the new ECW

June 7,2009 Extreme Rules PPV
    The night I won the ECW Championship. I had made the pledge to leave ECW, if I did not win the ECW title. Many behind the scenes things were going on and I had taken enough. I put it all on the line and I did it. I was overwhelmed with emotion. I could not believe all the signs that were made for me. I loved the match. I loved the celebration afterwards. It proved to the world and to myself I still mattered. Thanks new ECW.

Thanks for reading,

Tommy Dreamer"

JandSman

[60]Feb 17, 2010
    Great Blog by Dreamer and he makes great points he has one more i hope he reflects on ECW. Dreamer really is the Heart and Soul of ECW.