WWE ECW Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Best ECW News/Spoilers/Results Thread Ever!!!

pitbull3

[83]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 41
    ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tonight)
    * The opening pyro hits.

* Hornswoggle & Finlay are on there way out to the ring. Hornswoggle Promo as its his last night on ECW. Hornswoggle says he wants to wrestle. Tyson Kidd & Natalya come out and interrupt. According to Natalya, Uncle Bret was wrong when he said he was the best ever. It's Tyson's destiny. Tiffany announces that Natalya will take on Hornswoggle right now!

* Hornswoggle b. Natalya
    - Hornswoggle got the quick win with a rollup.

* A Promo for Edge vs Cena at Backlash is shown.

* Natalya gets in Tiffany's face backstage. On this week's
    "WWE Superstars" it will be Tyson & Natalya vs Finlay & Hornswoggle.

* Evan Bourne b. Paul Burchill
    - Burchill gets a mixed reaction from the live crowd. Bourne gets the win following a Shooting Star Press.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Frankie Sloan (Local Jobber) in a squash match.

* Jack Swagger & Christian contract signing for Backlash is up next.

Christian comes out to a big pop while Swagger draws heat. The pair exchange words and Swagger puts Christian through a table with his Gut Wrench Powerbomb. Referees help Christian to the back to end ECW.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[84]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 52

Mike Johnson is live at tonight's ECW/Smackdown taping and we will have live spoilers here on the site throughout the evening.

*WWE played a new music video using footage from Wrestlemania XXIV.

*Mike Knox pinned Ricky Ortiz with his finisher. Slight "Let's go Ricky" chants.

ECW is up first.

*ECW opens with a video on Christian Cage's ECW title win. Christian comes to the ring in street clothes. He said that ever since he returned, he said he'd be ECW champion. He said that before Jack Swagger comes out and tries to interrupt him, he wants to say today is the greatest day of his career as he's standing before all his peeps as champ. He dares Swagger to come out but instead out comes Tommy Dreamer in a suit. He said we finally have a champ that epitomizes everything ECW is about. He said that he made a promise to win the title or walk away. He said he has less than six weeks before his contract expires and is here in MSG to challenge Cage. Fans chanted ECW.

Cage offered to do it tonight but out came Swagger. Swagger said he wasn't going to let the farce go on because Cage is only champion because he cheated and that's not fair. He said the idea that Dreamer wants a title shot is a joke. He said that in three weeks at Judgment Day, he has his rematch and will take the belt back. Until then, he tells them to stop wasting everyone's time.

Tiffany comes out. She says that Swagger does have a title shot at the PPV but he's wrong in that no one else can have one. She says they will have a title match tonight.

Tyson Kidd pinned Finlay after nailing him in the back with the shillelagh.

Vladimir Kozlov cut a promo from the stage dressed like a Russian soldier saying it was just a matter of time before ECW fell under his complete domination.

Gregory Helms debuted as a backstage interviewer with special guest Evan Bourne, who said he had title aspirations. Paul and Katie Lea Burchill showed up and said they will have a rematch on WWE Superstars this Thursday.

Tommy Dreamer defeated Christian Cage by DQ when Jack Swagger hit the ring and attacked Dreamer as he was preparing to attack Cage, who was tied to the tree of woe. Swagger laid them both out.

-PWinsider.com

pitbull3

[85]May 5, 2009
    http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com

Dark Match:
    * Jimmy Wang Yang b. Paul Burchill
    - Wang Yang got the win following a moonsault.

ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tonight)
    * ECW opens with a video promo of ECW Champion Christian vs. Mark Henry.

* Evan Bourne vs. Tyson Kidd is up first.
    - Tyson gains control early on. Good mat work throughout. Evan hits a drop kick and adds a Hurricanrana on Kidd. Kidd goes outside to recoup. The match goes back and forth until Finlay comes out and hits Kidd in the leg with the Sheileigh. Bourne hits a perfect Shooting Star Press off the top rope for the win via pinfall.

* A video package is shown of Jack Swagger interfering in last week's number one contender match.

Josh Matthews interviews Jack Swagger in the ring. Swagger enters to a loud mix of boos. He is asked why he ruined the match last week. He calls it justice. Swagger goes on to talk about adding prestige to the ECW Championship for three months. He complains about Christian cheating and says it's not fair. He then says Tommy Dreamer is washed up. Swagger insults Dreamer further by saying that he's the fat cholesterol of ECW. Dreamer comes out to the ring and attacks him. Swagger escapes and Dreamer stands in the ring demanding him to come back and fight him.

* Tiffany is backstage with Zach Ryder. He says he wants to make an impact. Tiffany announces that Zach will face Finlay on this week's edition of WWE Superstars.

Vladimir Kozlov b. Jesse Gilmore (A Local Pittsburgh Jobber) in a squash match.

Raw rebound with Randy Orton, Legacy, and Shane from last night.

Gregory Helms interviews Mark Henry. Henry talks about his dominance and he will take what he wants tonight. He refers to Christian as his "victim." Christian is beaten up by Henry but Swagger comes out and Dreamer runs out to interfere. Tiffany makes it a tag team match.

i'll post the rest when it is posted

pitbull3

[86]May 5, 2009
    ECW Champion Christian & Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger & Mark Henry
    Christian is beaten up by Henry but Swagger and Dreamer run out to interfere. Tiffany makes it a tag team match. Tommy Dreamer gets beaten up by Henry and Swagger. Christian gets the hot tag and starts working on Swagger. He begins to beat down Christian with kicks to the chest. Henry gets the tag and puts a head clamp on Christian. Swagger gets the tag but Christian counters with a suplex. Christian & Swagger go back and forth. Christian tags in Dreamer who punches Swagger and follows with a neck breaker. Henry misses the body splash on Dreamer and hits Swagger. Christian hits a flying drop kick on Henry. Swagger with the Gut Wrench Power Bomb for the three count. Swagger poses as this concludes this week's edition of ECW on Sci-Fi.

pitbull3

[87]May 12, 2009
    Tiiffany warns Christian and Jack Swagger not to touch each other during The Peep Show tonight. She doesn't want her main event endangered.

Mark Henry def. Tommy Dreamer

Hurrican Helms interviews Tyson Kidd and Natalya. She's banned from ringside for Kidd's match against Finlay tonight.

Finlay vs. Tyson Kidd - Finlay wins when DH Smith attacks Finlay. Natalya raises both their hands.

Zack Ryder mouths off to Tiffany and then Paul Burchill asks Tiffany why he's not on the show. Tiffany says sorry about your luck and Katie Lea warns Tiffany that Paul (when he's got too much time on his hands) tends to get himself in trouble.

Vladimir Kozlov squashes former HWA Grand Slam winner Chad Collyer. Josh Mathews then interviews, with much of the same content we've heard in previous weeks.

Christian verbally berates Jack Swagger on The Peep Show. Swagger accuses Christian of cheating at Backlash. Christian then plays a video highlighting Swagger's "listhp". Christian "ends" The Peep Show and decks Swagger. Thus, he didn't break Tiffany's decree of not touching each other during The Peep Show tonight. Swagger is outsmarted again.

pitbull3

[88]May 19, 2009
    pwmania.com

WWE is taping this week's edition of ECW at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Special thanks to Ryan Gray & WNW readers Mike T, Kevin Dern, John Hatfiels, RJ Rothell, and Josh Northcutt for sending text-message updates.

* A WrestleMania video package is shown.

Dark Match
    * Sheamus b. Jimmy Wang Yang
    - Sheamus drew a lot of heel heat. Crowd was behind Jimmy Wang Yang.

ECW On Sci-Fi (Airing Tonight)
    * Josh Mathews & Matt Striker come out to ringside.

* Jack Swagger opens ECW in the ring with a chair and a microphone. He says he's not leaving until Tiffany comes out and gives him his title back. He says she's only temporary and he'll be around a lot longer than she will be. Tiffany tells him to get out of the ring and meet her in her office. She apologizes and introduces Christian for the first match. Swagger pushes him off the ramp on his way to the ring.

* Christian b. Paul Burchill w/Katie Lea
    - Burchill starts the match working on Christian's leg. Christian kicks him off the top rope and throws him into the stairs. Single leg Boston Crab. The crowd is behind Christian. Christian gets the win via pinfall after connecting with the Unprettier. After the match Josh Mathews interviews Christian who challenges Tommy Dreamer to a title match at Extreme Rules.

* Tiffany & Jack Swagger are shown backstage. Tiffany tells Swagger he can have the night off.

* Zack Ryder b. Local OVW Jobber Adam Green in a squash match.

* A video from last week is shown where DH Smith, Tyson Kidd, & Natalya attack Finlay. After the video they cut a promo. Smith says he's better than Bulldog ever was.

* Vladimir Kozlov cuts his normal promo at the top of the ramp following a video clip of last week's squash in WWE rewind.

* Gregory Helms announces that Christian will take on Tommy Dreamer on this week's WWE Superstars.

* DH Smith w/Tyson Kidd, & Natalya b. Finlay
    - DH Smith comes out to the ring first with a new version of the old Hart Foundation music. Finlay comes out next. The match starts off slow. Lots of submission holds. Smith hits Finlay with Natalya's shoe and follows with a back drop while Kidd distracts the referee. He gets the win via pinfall. This ends this week's ECW.

telvisnostic

[89]May 29, 2009
    Wrestlezone wrote:

WWE star Colin Delaney was recently profiled by Alex Marvez of Scripps News

Colin's role in WWE, getting beaten up and not winning much, was brought up.

"A big part of what we do is making the other person look good," Delaney said last week in a telephone interview. "If you can do that, you make yourself look good. There are plenty of guys in this business who have made a living off doing that."

Colin commented on the help he received from Tommy Dreamer.

"When I watch myself now, I've grown so much as a performer and entertainer," Delaney said. "Things like my facial expressions are significantly better. Tommy was a lot of help on most everything.

He said:

"I had a blast while I was there. I don't regret one second of anything. I dreamed of doing this as a kid."

On his release he said:

"I was really surprised and everyone one (in WWE) that I talked to was also," Delaney said. "Everything seemed to be going well, but once budget cuts came around, I was the lowest man on the totem pole. I don't take it personally. WWE has cut 50 or 60 guys and probably a lot more to come. It's not just me."

And:

"It really is the ultimate goal for any pro wrestler to be in WWE," he said. "If anyone tells you any differently, they're either lying or fooling themselves."

To read the entire article:

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/43435

telvisnostic

[90]Jul 2, 2009

Nikki Bella b. Katie Lee Burchill

* Shelton Benjamin b. Yoshi Tatsu

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Local worker

* Abraham Washington does his talk show segment with ECW Champion Tommy Dreamer. Vladimir Kozlov comes out.

* Christian b. Vladimir Kozlov with Tommy Dreamer at ringside.

Various sites

telvisnostic

[91]Jul 10, 2009
    If you like to read some good and fun insightful blog, Paul Heyman's 'Heyman Hustle' has a new home. Go here.
    Edited on 07/28/2009 9:59pm

telvisnostic

[92]Jul 14, 2009

Posted by: Andy Steven
    WWE taped this week's edition of ECW at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. Special thanks to our good friend Ryan Gray of Wrestling News World and readers Shane Howard and Luis Moreno for sending text-message updates. If you are attending a future WWE television taping and would be interested in sending us a live rpeort, please email me at andy [at] pwmania.com. Thanks for your support!

* A WrestleMania 25 package is shown. Undertaker gets a big pop while Randy Orton gets heat.

Dark Match:
    MVP b. Alex Riley w/Beverly in a squash match.
    - Riley has a high school gimmick with Beverly as his 'prom queen'. MVP gets the win with his Playmaker finisher after connecting with a clothesline. The match was approximately five minutes long.

ECW on SyFy: (Airing Tonight)
    * Shelton Benjamin b. Christian
    - Vladimir Kozlov comes out during the match and distracts Christian. He then joins the commentators at ringside. Christian sells his left arm while Shelton works on it. Benjamin counters a Killswitch and hits Paydirt. Shelton Benjamin gets the win via pinfall.

* Ezekiel Jackson is backstage with Gregory Helms. He talks about making an impact and how he was never in Kendrick's shadow.

* Yoshi Tatsu b. Paul Burchill w/Katie Lea
    - Yoshi botches a top rope attempt but gets the win after surprisng Burchill with a kick to the head.

* Tyler Reks is in Tiffany's office demanding that he gets a chance to wrestle on ECW next week.

* Zack Ryder b. Goldust
    - Goldust controls the majority of the match. Ryder throws Goldust into the middle turnbuckle then connects with Zack Attack to get the win via pinfall.

* Sheamus b. Roman Cornell (Local Jobber)
    - Sheamus addresses Roman in Gaellic. He gets the win with an Uranage backbreaker move.

* It is announced that Christian & Tommy Dreamer will be on the Abraham Washington show on next week's ECW.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Tommy Dreamer in a non-title match.
    - Dreamer goes off the top rope and gets hit with a headbutt. Kozlov connects with his finisher for the win. After the match Kozlov continues the beatdown. Christian comes out for the save but accidentally hits Dreamer. Kozlov leaves both men laying in the ring. This ends this week's ECW.

-wrestling radio

Hurricane1123

[93]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 34
    Great main event match between Christian and Zach Ryder, definitely a match that pushes Ryder toward solidifying himself as a midcarder. Good stuff, also why is there no official July 28, 2009 thread for ECW?

telvisnostic

[94]Jul 28, 2009
    We only had 3 people last week. It saddened me.

Hurricane1123

[95]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:
    It seems all the forums are like this, I went in to the Simpsons thread the other day and it was the quietest I've ever seen it.

telvisnostic

[96]Jul 29, 2009
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    It seems all the forums are like this, I went in to the Simpsons thread the other day and it was the quietest I've ever seen it.
    Pep[le seem to be uninterested or they just want to watch sparingly. Vote in the thread I created and say who and state why if you like.

JandSman

[97]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 32
    i come when ever there is a good episode of ECW but i think i will come more to this thread and the TNA Pay Per View thread

telvisnostic

[98]Oct 27, 2009

Dark Match: Goldust defeated Paul Burchill.

Byron Sexton is on commentary with Josh Matthews. Byron is from WWE Developmental.

ECW begins with The Abraham Washington Show, with Tiffany as the guest

Sheamus is about to face Shelton Benjamin in Sheamus' last match on ECW when William Regal interrupts.

William Regal demands a shot at the ECW title, and when Tiffany will not allow him one, he destroys the set of the Abraham Washington Show.

Shelton Benjamin is interviewed backstage. He says Sheamus is going to respect Shelton Benjamin after tonight.

Sheamus defeats Shelton Benjamin.

Rosa Mendez and Gregory Helms are backstage. Rosa says she's the new ECW Diva.

Katie Lea and Paul Burchill interrupt and tell Rosa to leave. Burchill tells Helms he wants a match with The Hurricane next week.

ECW Champion Christian is backstage. He says that tonight, Yoshi Tatsu will learn to cope with defeat.

Christian defeated Yoshi Tatsu.

Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekiel Jackson come out to attack Christian and Yoshi Tatsu. William Regal comes out to assist.

Regal takes the ECW Title belt and stands over Christian posing to end this week's ECW.

-wrestlingrevealed

Edited on 10/27/2009 5:43pm

telvisnostic

[99]Nov 22, 2009

Source: eWrestlingNews.com

For those wondering, Perry Saturn is indeed alive. A photo recently surfaced on Facebook.com of the former wrestling star standing alongside a woman by the name of Lisa Kuhlemeier, whom he's believed to be married to. While he's gained a bit of weight, it's clearly him.

CLICK HERE

to view the photo.

Saturn, whose real name is Perry Alfred Satullo, had disappeared from sight for years, to the point that his children had no idea where he was. His closest friends in the Boston area had presumed he died when no one could find or contact him, particularly after the death of his mentor, Walter "Killer" Kowalski. While Triple H was Kowalski's most famous student and the one initially expected to enjoy the most success, Satullo was said to be his favorite student. The two were very close at one point and he would have been a pallbearer had he attended his funeral. Anyway, there was no record anywhere of Satullo passing away sans a false story online, though it alarmed a few of his friends.

More recently, it had been rumored that the former WCW tag team champion was living in Albert Lea, Minnesota, but attempts by his family and many others to confirm his whereabouts always came up fruitless.

telvisnostic

[100]Nov 24, 2009

Source: PWInsider.com

It's being reported that following their removal from ECW, Paul and Katie Lea Burchill will be heading to the Raw brand.

telvisnostic

[101]Nov 29, 2009
    The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Bryan Danielson has been told by WWE officials that he will be bypassing developmental and heading straight to the company's main roster. He is expected to debut on ECW.

telvisnostic

[102]Nov 30, 2009

Dark Match:

Kaval beat Paul Burchill w/ Katie Lee via pin after a ghetto stomp from the top rope.

ECW:

Show starts off with The Abraham Washington Show with Zack Ryder and Rosa Mendez. Now I was right beside the titantron however there was a curtain blocking my path so I couldn't see but I could hear. They read poems to each other and apparently started making out on the couch. End of segment.

Backstage, Regal is talking to Ezekiel about his actions last week and how he needs to get his head in the game because tonight he's tagging with Kozlov against Christian and Shelton Benjamin.

Goldust beats William Regal after a rollup after Ezekiel and Kozlov getting a scruff outside of the ring costing Regal the match.

Backstage, ECW GM Tiffany (sp?) is talking to Paul Burchill about how he can't get back on ECW because of the loss against Hurricane a couple weeks back. Burchill storms out and gets passed by Trent Boretta and C. Croft and they talk to Tiffany about their coming up match.

Trent Boretta and C. Croft beat Bobby Shields and ???? (Couldn't make out his name) in a pretty boring match. Seems as though Boretta and Croft are heels.

Christian and Shelton Benjamin beat Ezekiel and Vlad Kozlov after Benjamin hits a t-bone suplex on Kozlov. More arguing between the roundtable (Ezekiel, Kozlov, and Regal)

-PWsinder

Edited on 11/30/2009 12:12pm