WWE ECW

leguru

WWE ECW Fan Reviews (64)

7.9
  • One of the most pointless shows on Sci-Fi

Who came up with the idea of putting wrestling on science fiction channel? I can understand (more or less) if it was something along the lines of battle bots, but this is plain rediculous. The programming people on Sci-Fi seem to be canning decent shows like Dresden Files and insert this kind of stuff. Pretty soon the BSG runs out and they indert Razor instead, DF is dead, Flash Gordon is a joke, Painkiller is killed, Eureka is not much of a show - and I'm not even going to mention the B movie craze they have -- this is getting to the point that the Sci-Fi channel devolves to just another sawdust filled pointless thing that most ppl will ignore.
  • Not quite like the original ECW, but an entertaining and useful part of WWE.

When WWE bought out the old ECW federation, most fans were salivating at the prospect of hardcore extreme wrestling matches featured on TV every week. But as the weeks and months have gone by, many have labelled ECW as the C-brand of the business.
    Admittedly, the recent editions of ECW have been less than extreme, but the show has been a decent breeding ground for new superstars to find their feet in the business. Wrestlers like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger have become stars on this brand, whereas if they had been brought to Smackdown! or RAW, they wouldn't have had anywhere near the exposure they've had to this point.
    With arguably the best commentator in the business right now in Matt Striker, and some great talent coming through such as Jack Swagger and Tyson Kidd, the show will start to get some more respect, especially after Wrestlemania 25 when they will (hopefully) stop using half an episode each week to promote the other 2 brands and become a great entity in itself.
  • This is a review on this weeks ECW. The Main Event: Swagga vs. Matt Hardy Good Show

This show is remember for 2 things: Tommy Dreamer retirement speech, and Hardy/Swagger match, and the rest of show was all right.

Match 1: Paul Burchill/Katie "Sexy" Leavs. Dj "That 70's guy" Gabriel/Alicia "I was remembered for Wedding Planner" Fox: This was an okay match showing off the girls mostly. *1/2

Match 2: Boogeyman vs. Jobber: The only cool thing is Boogeyman. But why keep destroying jobbers instead of giving him people that are at least known.

Dreamer Speech: This was a fantastic promo, and delivered great and emotional, and I felt like crying when Dreamer was. But give him a shot or run with title, because he's been working hard for being only ECW Original wrestler left. Dreamer is Ecw!!!!
    ****1/4

Main Event: Matt "I'll never die, but knees are" Hardy vs. Jack "Young Buck" Swagga: This was a solid match, and as good or little better than Swagga's match last week against Finlay, and they had good chemistry, but my opinion on Swagga's title win, is I'm torn, because he's a great talent, but Hardy still had some good time left has champ, but Congrats Swagga!!!!
    ***1/4
  • Bad

Really disappointing!!!! Lacked any creativity what so ever! Maybe it was just this one episode, I don't know but this week was bad. Boring, and just plain dull. Now I know they only have an hour on air, but comeone guys! You can do better than that. We want to see Extreme Wrestling. That's why its called ECW. Extreme Championship Wrestling. You guys have an hour, make a better effort. Surprise your viewers, bring in I don't know Stone Cold Steve Austin or someone. Just for an appearance. Just make a better show. PLEASE!!!! I'm ready to just shut it off altogether.
  • Not so extreme,but an ok show

ECW on Sci-fi is not ECW at all. They should change the name of the brand to something else. The least they could do if have the World title matches be extreme rules. I don't watch it every week just because I am not a big fan of the show and only catch it when I am home. They should bring back the Hardcore title for this brand. To me it is the worst of the three brands. It is still a have way decent wrestling show. If WWE was to get rid of any of their shows I'd say this or Superstars because there is way to much WWE on TV. Its on everyday but Wednesday and Saturdays and their are rumors of a possible Wednesday show.
  • What does wrestling have to do with science fiction?

Nothing. So why is it on SyFy? I can't even imagine a reason that wouldn't insult wrestling fans, so I won't speculate beyond saying $$$.

The least they could do is add some special effects. Throw in a vampire, a witch, and an alien.

They could do secluded matches, for the safety of the audience, where super powers could be used and the lives (or even souls) of the competitors could be at stake! Guest stars from various shows could show up from time to time, tech from Eureka could be employed. A wrestler could be posessed by a demon and the Ghost Hunters could show up and exorcise it!

Bottom line, if it's on SyFy it should have content related to science fiction and/or fantasy.
  • It started off okay, tried to do the job. Took away a Velocity show that I never ever watched. But how far has it come?

5.1
    I would assume that the WWE could hold this down rather well. But sadly things went from good, okay, bad, better, then terrible. What is the point in having an ECW World Heavyweight Champion if he isn't going to even be on ECW? And what is the point in cross branding ECW? It just makes it an even weaker brand.

When they started, they had the Big Show, who just seemed too big for ECW. Then Test came and went, shamefully something went wrong right near the beginning of ECWs return. Even Khali looked way out of place here!

When Lashley came and won the title, things looked a little better, but instead he had to be this dominant former army Sargent. There hasn't been any decent competition since the start, sadly there still isn't. The only good thing is CM Punk and one or two others who can wrestle. But this isn't enough. No where near enough to support me and my hunger to actually see the sport.

Now to make things worse Vince came into ECW to take the title, screwing things around and releasing Sabu who is ECW through and through. Now all that is left is RVD and CM Punk who at this moment in time look like they will never have a "chance in hell" to get that title.

That is what is wrong with ECW, no other titles, just a single title in the wrong hands in the wrong place and frankly on a different show. And to quote Jerry (The King) Lawler, "Extremely Crappy Wrestling".
  • WOW!!!!This is not even extreme......

I remember when this was extreme and that was from 1993- 2001 and kind of June 2006- November 2006. Now, I dont even bother watching this show because its bad. How is it called "EXREME championship Wrestling" when the last time they had a extreme rules matches was months ago. During the draft of 2008, they took out the best superstars from from ecw. THere are only like 2 origanals left. All I have to say is why bother watching this show when its not extreme and there are not any good superstars. When Mark Henry,Matt Hardy leave........ Thats it for Extremly Crappy Wrestling. Now, somehow I agree with jerry lawler about ecw. Overall: 4/10
  • ECW: Whats so Extreme about it

The New ECW is no where as good as the original one was. It is decent but not as good since they added Smackdown guys on it. THe lack of hardcore matches really has me asking why call it ECW at all. They should at least either have the main event be hardcore or the world title match should be under "extreme rules" I don't see anything Extreme about it. I still enjoy the show, but it could use some major changes. I just want them to stop giving the belt to guys who come over from smackdown. ECW has many guys who deserve the belt Benjamin, Burke, Morrison,dreamer, and others. Like I said its decent but deserves an upgrade.
  • Bringing back Ecw is a really smart thing The WWE did.

Ecw needs to be longer. I have loved Ecw since it started in the 1990"s. some of my favorite superstars are Rob Van Dam, CM punk, Tommy Dreammer, Stevie Richards,John Morrison,and The current Ecw champion Kane. It was about time they gave Kane the a Championship lately he has had a rivalry with chavo Guerrero. I was also glad to see Chavo win the Ecw championship. By far my favorite rivalry since Ecw started back up has to be Cm punk vs John Morrison. They bought the best out of each other which carried over into their matches and promos. I still have them on my dvr.
  • AN EXTREME REVIEW!

I think ECW gets better every season and is catching up with big shows like smackdown and raw whilst smackdown and raw are running out of ideas ECW are making them it was exciting at wrestlemania when Kane became the ECW champion I love the extreme ECW and think it's underappriatceted (soz if didn't spell right lol)anyway I would love ECW to get more pvp slots than smackdown and raw I was shocked when WWE bought ECW they have made it (beep) WWE are keeping ECW from becoming big there holding them down so come on ECW you can beat WWE
  • Sometimes I wonder why people don't appreciate ECW right now.

Okay, I can never understand why the hell people love to crap all over the ECW show that's currently airing on Sci-Fi. Why? Because it's not the original ECW? It's not hardcore? It's not extreme? They do the hardcore spots and bumps back in the day?

NO CRAP, SHERLOCKS.

Nothing can be like the original ECW. They can't do the same hardcore, extreme spots and bumps like they did because of the WORK SCHEDULE that the WWE has. Try working a 320-day schedule with matches in various states, autograph signings and special guest appearances in various TV shows, while having little if any time to heal from your injuries or whatever fatigue you have. THEN try to do the same stuff they did back in the original ECW. Half of you wouldn't even last 3 seconds before your bodies give out.

Anyways, anyone thinks that the original ECW was about hardcore wrestling is a hardcore idiot at their best. The original ECW had some of the best wrestling and wrestlers at their time, hell, they didn't need the hardcore stuff such as tables, tacks, flames, sexual conduct with little regret to tone it down, to get over with the Eastern United States crowd.

This ECW is only around to help bring up some new talent for the big scenes on the Raw and SmackDown rosters. Also, quit whining about the letters please. Those letters sell a lot more on the mainstream market than what Velocity and Heat could do. After all the WWE is a BUSINESS, why should they change the name when they're making money off of it? If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Still, despite being an hour long, their show is a lot better than Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. End of story.
  • Not a ptach on the original ECW but better than Smackdown.

When WWE decided to bring back ECW due to the success of the One Night Stand PPV alot of fans knew it would be different. As i write this it's now over a year since they brought it back and it's nothing like the original ECW, however, that doesn't mean it's bad. Weekly i find ECW more entertaining than Smackdown, they've got a decent roster on ECW, what limited divas they have on the show are pretty good, kelly kelly shows a marked improvement every week. If WWE use ECW like a middle ground between developmental territories and Raw/Smackdown it'll work out well. They're kind of doing this already with guys like Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Elijah Burke etc it could also prove useful for guys who are stuck in a rut to get a fresh start (Shelton benjamin).
    Any semblance of the chaos of the original ECW is gone but the style is definatley different that Raw/Smackdown, it's harder hitting and rawer, but some of that could be down to the inexperience of the guys on the roster.
    Overall if you're looking for an easy hours entertainment with the feel of a 2 hour wrestling show you can't go wrong with the new ECW.
  • This is most definitely NOT extreme, but it still is a halfway entertaining wrestling show.

Even when I started watching wrestling as a kid, i was always interested in the "hardcore" matches, and their unorthodox use of weapons. I eventually heard that there was an entire promotion based around it (Extreme Championship Wrestling), shortly before Vince bought it and WCW out and the Invasion arc began. after seeing RVD and Tommy Dreamer on WWF TV, i immediately went out and bought a couple ECW tapes, and love them to this day.

almost 7 years later, ECW is back on TV....or is it? After watching a few shows, i can understand why people call this new brand "WWECW" or "FakECW". Where is Paul Heyman? Why's this show only one hour long? Where are the ECW originals, like RVD, Sabu, Dreamer, Sandman, etc.? and most importantly? where is the *EXTREME* that the name implies? As long as i've been watching this ECW, I havent seen one weapon pulled out, and I've seen matches end in DQ and count-out. how is THAT extreme!? this is not ECW, it feels more like Heat with a title to give it more credibility.

that being said, after I stopped expecting my bloodlust to be fufilled, I started enjoying nu-ECW a little. there are some good wrestlers, like CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Burke, etc. and Tazz and Joey Styles deliver good commentary.

Overall, I refuse to call this ECW by its full name until i see a hardcore match, but I'll still be watching from week to week with good matches to tide me over until it happens.
  • ECW is ok from time to time just now there is no Hardcore so this show is no longer Extreme

5.5
    ECW was run by former owner Paul Heyman after him losing the company back in 2001 Vince McMahon bought ECW and all of its footage. In 2005 we would see ECW wrestlers come back for One Night Stand. In 2006 ECW would be back again for One Night Stand again but this time it would start to run a weekly show on the Sci Fi channel. WWE had a lot of the ECW greats on the show Sabu who was released so was Sandman and RVD would leave after not wanting to stay Big Show would leave about just the start of 2007. The show is ok only is on for about 1 hour if you will add the adverts put in to it you get 45 mins. ECW has some good wrestlers on the show such as CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn who are the rising stars of WWE. Also now adding Shelton Benjamim one of the best moves i have see now he will get better from been on ECW. The show lacks with some of the wrestlers such as The Miz, John Morrison, Matt Striker, Big Daddy V who are just boring to see.

There is Joey Styles to give you great commentary while watching the show to make it interesting. The there is Tazz he is a good wrestler just his commentary is boring. ECW is good and bad the worst thing about the show it is only a 1 hour, should be more wrestlers, and theres no Paul Heyman.
  • I know that ECW is not hardcore,but it still is pretty good.

While some may think that ECW is lame, it is not lame at all. It just is not as exciting as the other brands. The first good thing about ECW is that it has only one championship, the ECW championship. It makes it a good shows to watch for the organized fan. The next good thing is that it has teamed up with Smackdown, making it a little better show to watch. It now features Kane, a extreme superstar. The worst thing is that it does not feature its legends, like Bubba Ray, or anyone else. The other brands do feature legends. ECW is an okay show that will be as good as any other wrestling show.Maybe watch this show, as it has lots of action.
  • It was Better at first.

It was better at first whe it had almost all extreme rules and wrestlers and now it has a sorry excuse for a line up and a lame set of divas. I mean it has its moments at times but other then that you see the same wrestlers have matches every week and most of the wrestlers on the roster hardly wreslte at all. I mean it has about 20 to 30 wrestlers and more then half of them don't wrestle and what's with the new breed vs. the ecw originals i mean they are probably going to end it with CM Punk trading to the origanls. My final thoughts are that it could improve on the EXTREME!!! part of the wrestling but sometimes makes good match but they are just repeatative.
  • I'm serious! What moron thought that putting a wrestling show on Sci-Fi would be a good idea?!

1.5
    Yes, I know the wrestling brings in a lot of money. However, have you seen the crap they buy with that money?! Billy Baldwin as a washed up cop who works security and gets transported back in time to fight harpies. Seriously?! This is what they replaced Farscape and SG-1 with?! Ya, using 2 to 3 hours of sci-fi time is really worth that. It just makes me sick at times to see a great channel like Sci-Fi use to be to play this "show" that has absolutely nothing to do with anything even closely related to science fiction. Come on Sci-Fi...learn from G4 when it changed all the great programs it had when it acquired TechTV!
  • ECW not Hardcore? Perhaps not, but it's still good.

Extreme Championship Wrestling as become just a name as anyone who watched the old ECW or watches some old ECW matches on the internet knows...despite that ECW as been getting better over the last year, if you don't agree then just compare the talent that it as compared with the other two brands. On ECW we have great wrestling talent like CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Burke and much more, if you look at it ECW as the best wrestling matches compared to RAW or SmackDown! Unfortunately it's sad to see that ECW is considered the C show because it as great potential the wwe just does not know how to use it quite frankly, just look at the Punk vs Big Daddy V at No Mercy if you don't believe me.
    It appears now there will be a fusion between ECW and SmackDown! on my opinion it's a bad move, simply because knowing the wwe writters don't give ECW superstars much credit it means that they will probably become jobbers to guys like Batista and the Great Khali, and that is simply wrong.
    I suppose the only thing we can do now is wait and speculate what will happen next.

Thanks for reading!
  • Development on TV

6.9
    ECW has now been on the air for now one year and alot has changed. Kurt Angle, Big Show, RVD, Sabu, Paul Heyman and Sandman have now gone from the WWE. The show is still a hour and it still isn't Extreme.

The way I see ECW now is more development these days and not a third brand that the WWE sees it. Tommy Dreamer seems that he become the new Terry Funk of ECW by passing down this skills to a new ECW.

People like Big Daddy V, Morrison and Stevie are all great wrestlers but there are alot of waste in there to like CM Punk and Knox who just stink up the lace.

The show is getting better
  • moah...

7.8
    ecw ... well the thing is its not realy extreme they dont have many wrestlers because its supposed to be a brand for talent developement and there is only one title.. its not like realy wow but also no a waste of time i watch ecw because its pretty fun a realy hardcore wrestling fan would burn ecw but those are the old days and there not coming back ecw is mainly for the normal people kids 14 and younger if your a parent you should take your kid to ecw it only last 30-45 minutes pretty entertaining not horrible for your kids to see and pretty cheap so the conclusion is ecw entertainment for the people who dont have much money but wanna have fun.
  • The C show of the WWE. Only an hour long, with about 3-4 matches throughout the night.

The thing I love most about ECW is that it's live. I love the energy of the crowd. I went to an ECW event, when they brought out the ladders the crowd went wild. It was amazing but the best part was the dark match after the show. It was right before Wrestlmania 23 and Cena and HBK made a quick apperence. The thing that sucks is the show is only an hour long, once the exciments builds the show ends. They should definely make the show longer and add more superstars to the roster. They should also have the Divas actually participate in matches rather then dress up as a bunch of skanks. The name of the show does not make sense anymore now that Vince bought out the show but it is definely a decent show.
  • ECW-Where Is The Extreme?

6.1
    ECW, the most exciting, extreme wrestling show around!!! Yeah, right. Maybe that's what it was years ago. When it was a totally seperate promotion. The chairs, the violence, the great moments. Ahhh... The good old days. Today, it just isn't great. Every week, they put up a mediocre shows. Solid matches but nothing extrodianary. Vince really shouldn't have ruined what ECW used to be. He should have just made a normal fourth WWE show. But ECW just isn't extreme. Maybe it was slightly cool at its new debut but now it just isn't. There are no chairs, ladders, or chairs. So what makes this different from Raw, or Smackdown? Grey Ropes. That's it. There really isn't much to say. It is okay but not worth watching compared to other shows like TNA Wrestling. It's not bad. It just isn't worth my time. It doesn't grab my attention like a wrestling show should. And don't even think about comparing it to the original ECW. I mean, remember Vince holding the title? WTF was he thinking?!!!! And the things they have the female wrestlers do is immoral. This show is better than Smackdown, about the same as Raw, but still just not a good wrestling show.
  • "A great wrestling show as well"

Although it's called ECW and had nothing whatsoever to do with it, it's still a great overall show. I hope one day they will change the name and it can be given a new type of direction, because I think if they continue their ways, they will bring in viewers. Now if they can establish a 2 hour timeslot like the others they could be a lot more succesful. We would get more quality great matches. And then we could see how it stacks up against Raw and Smackdown. Tune into ECW if you want to see good wrestling, it is a great show.
  • As much as it kills me that it is called ECW on Sci Fi, it is still a decent wrestling product that is better then Monday Night Raw these days.

As much as it kills me that it is called ECW on Sci Fi, it is still a decent wrestling product that is better then Monday Night Raw these days. It features alot of the younger guys in the WWE, such as guys like Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, and Marcus Cor Von.
  • Can be a better show than Raw and Smackdown at times.

ECW on Sci Fi is a show that may not draw a bunch of attention, but It does have its highs and of course its lows. Now since it came out people have been just criticizing its lows and not complimenting its highs, At times it will have a lot better wrestling than Raw, and sometime even Smackdown, I find ECW very fun to watch, and look forward to seeing it on Tuesdays, I hope it gets better as the years go on, and can become a top WWE show for years to come.
  • A wrestling series on Sci-Fi Channel!? It's just a plain act!!!

I have two words to say: Pretty sad! I mean why put a wrestling series on Sci-fi. Who ever thought of this anyway? I think that Sci-fi Channel airs ECW every Tuesday night just to get a lot more ratings. I've been a big fan of Sci-Fi Channel from shows like "Farscape", the new "Battlestar Galactica", and "The Twilight Zone". But this show doesn't even fit in to Sci-Fi because it has nothing to do with science fiction or fantasy. ECW is just a plain sports acting series. I can tell that this is so fake because whenever any fighter gets hurt there's no bruses or blood. They should take it off that station and air it on SPIKE or USA Network.
  • "extreme championship wrestling"

this league before it merged with owner vince mcmahon and wwe. it started out in a small bingo parlor in my hometown of south philadelphia. the parlor is not to far from my house just about 2 miles.but it didn't look too extreme when u watch it on tv. but when u see it live it defanitely fits the name 'extreme'
  • What's the point? It's basically WWE with a very little bit of extreme.

5.6
    It's like a little WWE. Out of Raw, Smackdown, and ECW, ECW has the lowest ratings. It's not even good. It's basically a bunch on young punks saying that they're ECW material. The only good people are the originals and Bobby Lashley. I'm only 12, so I didn't see the original ECW, but my dad told me it was way better. They had really good extreme matches. Why did they bring this back. If they got some real competitors, then it'll be better. Vince McMahon is taking over. Normally every year, I watch ECW One Night Stand. But I'm not watching it this year for two reasons.
    1. No real competition
    2. It's not at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NY.
    Needs to improve if the show wants to stay on.
  • Extreme Crappy Wrestling.... oooooh yeah!

I have to confess: I haven't seen anything of the old ECW, but the new one is just full of crap.

I recently saw the 2006 "One Night Stand", awesome show. And than I thought about the actual ECW show on Sci-Fi.

What the hell are they thinking? Such a low value show!

It looks like the WWE puts everything in the ECW they don't want to do in their two main brands.

Crappy wrestlers, crappy matches. Only once in a while a quite good match, but they are very rare.

And what about the extreme rules? I thought this was "extreme"?! So few matches, most of them are not even as good as what they show on Heat.

ECW died for me right before Wrestle Mania 23... when they had the huge push for the Umaga-Lashley match and nearly the whole 45 minutes of show were just stupid bla-bla-bla... and what... 9 minutes or so of actual wrestling... in 2 matches... I haven't seen it since and I will refuse to watch it again. It's just a waste of time.
< 1 2 3