Syfy (ended 2010)

WWE ECW Fan Reviews (64)

• Bringing back Ecw is a really smart thing The WWE did.

Ecw needs to be longer. I have loved Ecw since it started in the 1990"s. some of my favorite superstars are Rob Van Dam, CM punk, Tommy Dreammer, Stevie Richards,John Morrison,and The current Ecw champion Kane. It was about time they gave Kane the a Championship lately he has had a rivalry with chavo Guerrero. I was also glad to see Chavo win the Ecw championship. By far my favorite rivalry since Ecw started back up has to be Cm punk vs John Morrison. They bought the best out of each other which carried over into their matches and promos. I still have them on my dvr.

I think ECW gets better every season and is catching up with big shows like smackdown and raw whilst smackdown and raw are running out of ideas ECW are making them it was exciting at wrestlemania when Kane became the ECW champion I love the extreme ECW and think it's underappriatceted (soz if didn't spell right lol)anyway I would love ECW to get more pvp slots than smackdown and raw I was shocked when WWE bought ECW they have made it (beep) WWE are keeping ECW from becoming big there holding them down so come on ECW you can beat WWE
  • "A great wrestling show as well"

Although it's called ECW and had nothing whatsoever to do with it, it's still a great overall show. I hope one day they will change the name and it can be given a new type of direction, because I think if they continue their ways, they will bring in viewers. Now if they can establish a 2 hour timeslot like the others they could be a lot more succesful. We would get more quality great matches. And then we could see how it stacks up against Raw and Smackdown. Tune into ECW if you want to see good wrestling, it is a great show.
  • Can be a better show than Raw and Smackdown at times.

ECW on Sci Fi is a show that may not draw a bunch of attention, but It does have its highs and of course its lows. Now since it came out people have been just criticizing its lows and not complimenting its highs, At times it will have a lot better wrestling than Raw, and sometime even Smackdown, I find ECW very fun to watch, and look forward to seeing it on Tuesdays, I hope it gets better as the years go on, and can become a top WWE show for years to come.
  • I watch old ecw back in 1998.

Oh, old day back then!

Now, they are back, better than ever! I'm so thrilled that they're back and nothing that will shut them down!

With new breed around, it's getting better, the best, the way better!

I hope that ECW will be still around for very, very long time!

Let the bodies hit on the floor! My favourite quotes from the past to the present!

Ecw rules!
  • I enjoy certain things about the NEW ECW, but personally they NEED to make all matches with Extreme Rules yet again, then there will be alot more attraction to the Brand once again

I enjoy certain things about the NEW ECW, but personally they NEED to make all matches with Extreme Rules yet again, then there will be alot more attraction to the Brand once again. I am enjoying the NEW Look, and hope it gets as BIg as RAW and Smackdown Soon, but doubt it will make it because personally right now it is no different than Velocity, McMahon is Just scared of the potential much like he is scared of the future of TNA!
  • ecw ecw ecw!!!!

3 of 3 of the only places where i can c wat i luv ppl beatin the crap out of each other!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean who doesnt luv a good fight now & then huh who???????????? i thought so...i luv WWE & ECW alot i mean ALOT!!!!! it never gets old!! y cant there b more like it? thatd b great if there would b more like it!!! but NOOOOOOOO (mockingly) its 2 violent u cant watch it bla bla bla!!(normally) u get the message...just 18 more words...cmon ppl do not disagree cause if u do ur the biggest WIMPS on the planet!!!
  • Extremly Entertaning!!!!!

i love ECW that is what i wanted to see chars flying.blood dripping.barged wire on the ropes on the talbles that is some thing they hav something.because ecw got the top rating in sci-fi.tat is how good it is i love ECW.but you no whats wird paul said he was pertecting rvd because he was puting the the title up every day will so is big show.ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!ECW!
  • It is Ec\"Fn\"W. And it is back!

It is Ec "Fn"W. The power is back! We see sand-man. That balls dude! More ex things happening! It is to ex for t\"fn\"v. We see the hot woman. The ex dudes. I think that ecw is better than wwe. Way better. On wwe you see all that cool crap. Ecw as all that crazy crap. I\'m 619 so I should know. That is right I\'m 619. Wwe champ. The under dog. I wish I chold go in ecw. But I whant to get on king booker. If he was in ecw I wholud kill his wife and him. But yah any way. Ecw is so back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ecw is so back.

I me happy that ecw is back ecw is a lot butter then wwe in a lot of ways. ecw is so Hardcore and ecw has no rules like wwe does. ECW has rvd as the wwe/ecw champ and will beat anyony thats gets in his way. they also have the big bad show in the big show who is going to hurt anyone that suck. ecw will be the best show on tv for now on and i hope ecw stay on tv more the it did in the late 90s. say ecw ecw ecw ecw ecw ecw ecw.
  • E, C, F'N W

Extreme Championship Wrestling in all its glory. ECW is back and better than ever. With all the death defying super stars like Tazz, Terry Funk, Sabu and many more. Also Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle and Big Show have been drafted from Raw and Smackdown! There are hardly any rules in ECW matches which is why it's so awsome. No rules means weapons galore and heaps of surprises. Manager Paul Heymen says the new ECW is the future of hardcore wrestling. People who love violence and crazy moves will love ECW. I wouldn't recommend it to the faint hearted though.
  • ECW's heavyweight division is booming and will be getting better once it's away from WWE superstars.

Too many people underappreciate ECW. If you think about it...They have had some good matches. Kurt Angle vs. Justin Credible was pretty cool. Gangrel will be debuting in a few months...That's really cool. Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Justin Credible, and The Sandman are all great talents. Sabu is too. ECW will grow in the future. With a heavyweight division that will soon be Big Show, Gangrel, Kurt Angle, RVD, Sabu, Test, and the Boogeyman the show will get better by the episode. Sure Vince McMahon isn't writing some of the matches the right way, but ECW is planned to still be ran by Vince, but won't be feuding with WWE anymore. And that would be really cool. We could see pay-per-views with Sabu vs. Kurt Angle...or Big Show vs. Test...or Rob Van Dam vs. the Boogeyman or Kurt Angle or Sabu. This show will grow in the future. I can see it coming.
  • "extreme championship wrestling"

this league before it merged with owner vince mcmahon and wwe. it started out in a small bingo parlor in my hometown of south philadelphia. the parlor is not to far from my house just about 2 miles.but it didn't look too extreme when u watch it on tv. but when u see it live it defanitely fits the name 'extreme'
  • ECW is a great show to wacth with lots of action.

ECW is a action show that is 1 hour long with Bobby Lashley, CM Punk, RVD, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, and much more. Also it is exciting to wacth because you don't know if someone will interfear in your macth to a person winning a macth by cheating like Finaly on Smackdown. If your not having fun wacthing ECW wacth Raw on smackdown on Monday for Raw 8-10 midwest time and Friday for Smackdown 7-9 midwest time or your bored then you just don't have a good choice of action and drama, back stabing in the back, cheating, steel, fighting and lots more things that happen every Tuesday, Monday, and Friday. That is it for now.
  • WOW

wow wow wow wow wow wow what a show .did u see big show he was hurt. man blood every where. sabu through the rules out the window. CM punk he might look funny to peopel but he is sure no joke he has still not lossed and what an impact hardcore holly made. beatup RVD and then he hit that guy RVD was fighting who knows that guys name any RVD whats revange and he wants soon. man man frist macth wow wow sand man toomy and torie beat some other guys but man what a match man. well ECW was a preety good show
  • Ecw is back with a vengence

this kicks ass i get to write the first review
    ecw fn rocks ur mom hard all night long
    you have the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, death defying maniac- sabu
    the innovator of violence- tommy dreamer
    the man with the record for bar fights- the sandman
    the voice of ecw- joey styles
    the human suplex machine- taz
    and of course sci fi has to throw in their gay little phenomenon crap
    but it was great to see the sandman hit \"the zombie\" 12 times with a kendo stick plus nailing the white russian legsweep 4 the win in 19 seconds
    vampires suck
  • ECW stands for Extreme Championship Wrestling, which this ECW really isn't that however i do believe it has it's fine points. It just needs fine tuning. If it were a two-hour show for starters and if it wasn't on Sci Fi.

Personally i like a lot of the ECW wrestlers. All of the Originals, The New Breed, Mike Knox, Snitsky, Holly, and all of the others. I just think maybe it would be more successful if it wasn't called ECW. Because people associate that with the old ECW which was Barbed Wire, Thumbtacks, and flaming tables. Which the new ECW can't do all the time. Also i don't think Lashley should be the head of ECW. And i'm a lashley fan. Also i think WWE bringing in more ROH talent would help the brand like newly signed Ace Steel & Colt Cabana. I would also put Super Crazy in ECW, and resign Tajiri as well. I think ECW could work, if they made a few minor adjustments. A Two hour show, better storylines, and good matches. What else could a fan ask for. I believe a lot of fans don't like ECW because the only real big name is Rob Van Dam.
  • Needs something explosive

ECW on Sci Fi is a show that may not draw a bunch of attention, but It does have its highs and of course its lows. Now since it came out people have been just critising its lows and not complimenting its highs, now I think it has something going for it. With stars like the Big Show, RVD, Sabu, Cm Punk Kevin Thorn and other such likes I think it can contenede to Raw and Smackdown. Now I know thats a huge project that has to be done if its considered there, but if they can do well I think they can be one.
  • Not quite like the original ECW, but an entertaining and useful part of WWE.

When WWE bought out the old ECW federation, most fans were salivating at the prospect of hardcore extreme wrestling matches featured on TV every week. But as the weeks and months have gone by, many have labelled ECW as the C-brand of the business.
    Admittedly, the recent editions of ECW have been less than extreme, but the show has been a decent breeding ground for new superstars to find their feet in the business. Wrestlers like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger have become stars on this brand, whereas if they had been brought to Smackdown! or RAW, they wouldn't have had anywhere near the exposure they've had to this point.
    With arguably the best commentator in the business right now in Matt Striker, and some great talent coming through such as Jack Swagger and Tyson Kidd, the show will start to get some more respect, especially after Wrestlemania 25 when they will (hopefully) stop using half an episode each week to promote the other 2 brands and become a great entity in itself.
  • Not a ptach on the original ECW but better than Smackdown.

When WWE decided to bring back ECW due to the success of the One Night Stand PPV alot of fans knew it would be different. As i write this it's now over a year since they brought it back and it's nothing like the original ECW, however, that doesn't mean it's bad. Weekly i find ECW more entertaining than Smackdown, they've got a decent roster on ECW, what limited divas they have on the show are pretty good, kelly kelly shows a marked improvement every week. If WWE use ECW like a middle ground between developmental territories and Raw/Smackdown it'll work out well. They're kind of doing this already with guys like Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Elijah Burke etc it could also prove useful for guys who are stuck in a rut to get a fresh start (Shelton benjamin).
    Any semblance of the chaos of the original ECW is gone but the style is definatley different that Raw/Smackdown, it's harder hitting and rawer, but some of that could be down to the inexperience of the guys on the roster.
    Overall if you're looking for an easy hours entertainment with the feel of a 2 hour wrestling show you can't go wrong with the new ECW.
  • The C show of the WWE. Only an hour long, with about 3-4 matches throughout the night.

The thing I love most about ECW is that it's live. I love the energy of the crowd. I went to an ECW event, when they brought out the ladders the crowd went wild. It was amazing but the best part was the dark match after the show. It was right before Wrestlmania 23 and Cena and HBK made a quick apperence. The thing that sucks is the show is only an hour long, once the exciments builds the show ends. They should definely make the show longer and add more superstars to the roster. They should also have the Divas actually participate in matches rather then dress up as a bunch of skanks. The name of the show does not make sense anymore now that Vince bought out the show but it is definely a decent show.
  • As much as it kills me that it is called ECW on Sci Fi, it is still a decent wrestling product that is better then Monday Night Raw these days.

As much as it kills me that it is called ECW on Sci Fi, it is still a decent wrestling product that is better then Monday Night Raw these days. It features alot of the younger guys in the WWE, such as guys like Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, and Marcus Cor Von.
  • Sometimes I wonder why people don't appreciate ECW right now.

Okay, I can never understand why the hell people love to crap all over the ECW show that's currently airing on Sci-Fi. Why? Because it's not the original ECW? It's not hardcore? It's not extreme? They do the hardcore spots and bumps back in the day?

Nothing can be like the original ECW. They can't do the same hardcore, extreme spots and bumps like they did because of the WORK SCHEDULE that the WWE has. Try working a 320-day schedule with matches in various states, autograph signings and special guest appearances in various TV shows, while having little if any time to heal from your injuries or whatever fatigue you have. THEN try to do the same stuff they did back in the original ECW. Half of you wouldn't even last 3 seconds before your bodies give out.

Anyways, anyone thinks that the original ECW was about hardcore wrestling is a hardcore idiot at their best. The original ECW had some of the best wrestling and wrestlers at their time, hell, they didn't need the hardcore stuff such as tables, tacks, flames, sexual conduct with little regret to tone it down, to get over with the Eastern United States crowd.

This ECW is only around to help bring up some new talent for the big scenes on the Raw and SmackDown rosters. Also, quit whining about the letters please. Those letters sell a lot more on the mainstream market than what Velocity and Heat could do. After all the WWE is a BUSINESS, why should they change the name when they're making money off of it? If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Still, despite being an hour long, their show is a lot better than Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. End of story.
  • I know that ECW is not hardcore,but it still is pretty good.

While some may think that ECW is lame, it is not lame at all. It just is not as exciting as the other brands. The first good thing about ECW is that it has only one championship, the ECW championship. It makes it a good shows to watch for the organized fan. The next good thing is that it has teamed up with Smackdown, making it a little better show to watch. It now features Kane, a extreme superstar. The worst thing is that it does not feature its legends, like Bubba Ray, or anyone else. The other brands do feature legends. ECW is an okay show that will be as good as any other wrestling show.Maybe watch this show, as it has lots of action.
  • ECW not Hardcore? Perhaps not, but it's still good.

Extreme Championship Wrestling as become just a name as anyone who watched the old ECW or watches some old ECW matches on the internet knows...despite that ECW as been getting better over the last year, if you don't agree then just compare the talent that it as compared with the other two brands. On ECW we have great wrestling talent like CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Burke and much more, if you look at it ECW as the best wrestling matches compared to RAW or SmackDown! Unfortunately it's sad to see that ECW is considered the C show because it as great potential the wwe just does not know how to use it quite frankly, just look at the Punk vs Big Daddy V at No Mercy if you don't believe me.
    It appears now there will be a fusion between ECW and SmackDown! on my opinion it's a bad move, simply because knowing the wwe writters don't give ECW superstars much credit it means that they will probably become jobbers to guys like Batista and the Great Khali, and that is simply wrong.
    I suppose the only thing we can do now is wait and speculate what will happen next.

Thanks for reading!
  • ECW is where wrestlers take their game to the extreme and hardcore rules.

ECW is somewhat good at times. I think it needs to be two hours instead of one hour. That way, there are more fueds and ECW can become just as good as Smackdown and Raw. There should also be ECW PPV's only, but that's only when they decide to put it as a 2 hour show. I think divas dancing isn't a good idea and instead of that, it should be replaced with divas matches. There are some classic wrestlers like Rob Van Dam, Sabu, and Hardcore Holly. What I think needs to be changed is the main event. It's almost always for the World Title, if not the champion is still involved in the match and ends up winning most of the time. ECW is still good to watch when there is nothing good on at the moment.
  • The revived ECW is horribly underaprreciated.

Ah, another wrestling show. That's great! ECW is a one-hour phenomonon that just keeps on giving. Every week, you see amazing Superstars, such as ECW World Champion Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, new wrestlers, and even ECW originals from when ECW first had a run in the 90's. Though some consider this WWE's A Show, it is underappreciated by fans. Some people gave it one night and decided they hated it. I'll admit, the first few episodes were lackluster, featuring some goofy Sci-Fi channel ideas (a zombie, Macho Libre, etc.), but it has definetely improved from their.

But of course, there are the cons. For one thing, the title is defended almost every week agaisnt non-ECW wrestlers (though, this hasn't been the case the past few weeks). Also, the originals are put back by the new guys.

But, overall, ECW is an enjoyable show that picks up lots of good ratings.
  • While the new ECW is no where near as entertaining as the original: a trimmed down version of ECW is better than no ECW at all.

I might admit, upon the first two or three weeks of viewing WWE's version of ECW on SciFi, I was very negative towards it. Being from Pennsylvania and living about an hour and half from where the old ECW shows took place, I was always a huge ECW fan. I loved the old product, and I was extremely excited when I heard of WWE's decision to bring it back full-time. I felt the ECW concept had so much potential, and it's great that WWE saw that as well.

Let's get this out right off the bat, WWE's ECW is no where near, nor will it ever even come close to matching or surpassing the original ECW in anything BUT production values. The fan atmosphere or quality of the shows will never be as good as it once was. Nothing WWE can do with the new ECW is going to convince me that the true ECW is back, because every true ECW fan knows the original, ground-breaking company they loved is no more. But we've accepted that.

As I said, the first two weeks of WWE's ECW really had me quite angry. We had WWE has-beens going over original ECW stars, horrible storylines and gimmicks making their appearances, and just overall low quality shows. But then, after thinking about it for a bit, I realized that the original ECW fan in me was getting out, and I was letting that bias my opinion on the show.

After accepting the fact that WWE is in no way trying to pass or match the ECW of old, WWE's ECW really isn't that bad of a product. Considering it's only been on-air for a few months, I see a load of potential in the brand to actually become quite entertaining once it's had a year or so to be developed properly. You have great up and coming stars such as CM Punk and Matt Striker being sent to the brand, along with the Big Show having some of the most entertaining matches he's had in his career, topped off with the original ECW stars still there as well. Let's face it: the original ECW is dead; never to return. As a true ECW fan at heart, I am learning to accept the new ECW as a good alternate to the original product, and it's actually beginning to grow on me more and more each week. Because everyone knows the passionate ECW fan base would rather have a largely trimmed down version of ECW than have no ECW at all.
  • moah...

ecw ... well the thing is its not realy extreme they dont have many wrestlers because its supposed to be a brand for talent developement and there is only one title.. its not like realy wow but also no a waste of time i watch ecw because its pretty fun a realy hardcore wrestling fan would burn ecw but those are the old days and there not coming back ecw is mainly for the normal people kids 14 and younger if your a parent you should take your kid to ecw it only last 30-45 minutes pretty entertaining not horrible for your kids to see and pretty cheap so the conclusion is ecw entertainment for the people who dont have much money but wanna have fun.
  • ECW: Whats so Extreme about it

The New ECW is no where as good as the original one was. It is decent but not as good since they added Smackdown guys on it. THe lack of hardcore matches really has me asking why call it ECW at all. They should at least either have the main event be hardcore or the world title match should be under "extreme rules" I don't see anything Extreme about it. I still enjoy the show, but it could use some major changes. I just want them to stop giving the belt to guys who come over from smackdown. ECW has many guys who deserve the belt Benjamin, Burke, Morrison,dreamer, and others. Like I said its decent but deserves an upgrade.
< 1 2 3