WWE ECW

Syfy (ended 2010)

leguru

WWE ECW Fan Reviews (64)

7.9
  • What does wrestling have to do with science fiction?

Nothing. So why is it on SyFy? I can't even imagine a reason that wouldn't insult wrestling fans, so I won't speculate beyond saying $$$.

The least they could do is add some special effects. Throw in a vampire, a witch, and an alien.

They could do secluded matches, for the safety of the audience, where super powers could be used and the lives (or even souls) of the competitors could be at stake! Guest stars from various shows could show up from time to time, tech from Eureka could be employed. A wrestler could be posessed by a demon and the Ghost Hunters could show up and exorcise it!

Bottom line, if it's on SyFy it should have content related to science fiction and/or fantasy.
  • Why is this garbage taking up space on Sci Fi? (And why does the site refuse to allow me to rate a show lower than "1"?)

Why is this crud on sci fi? Oh, I know. NBC Universal strikes again. Look how they've destroyed USA Network, with end to end repeats of Law and Order on hour after hour after hour every day of the week. How much longer before sci fi is turned into a dumping ground for trash like ECW, whose fan base has the IQ of a glass of water and the purchasing power of the average Ethiopian. What will sci fi advertise during the ECW slot? Used trailer commercials? Manuals on how to stack your chevy on cinder blocks in the front yard? Public Service Messages warning the children of ECW fans not to eat the rubber off their collection of tire swings?

It's bad enough when low grade TV like Eureka premieres or dippy sub moronic "reality" shows about "superheroes" take up space on the schedule. But for garbage like this to invade sci fi is beyond bearable. Maybe ECW can invite the fans in attendance to come on down some night and engage in a beer swilling contest. It would be as imaginative as anything 'rasslin can produce. And it would contain more suspense.
  • I watch old ecw back in 1998.

Oh, old day back then!

Now, they are back, better than ever! I'm so thrilled that they're back and nothing that will shut them down!

With new breed around, it's getting better, the best, the way better!

I hope that ECW will be still around for very, very long time!

Let the bodies hit on the floor! My favourite quotes from the past to the present!

Ecw rules!
  • One of the most pointless shows on Sci-Fi

Who came up with the idea of putting wrestling on science fiction channel? I can understand (more or less) if it was something along the lines of battle bots, but this is plain rediculous. The programming people on Sci-Fi seem to be canning decent shows like Dresden Files and insert this kind of stuff. Pretty soon the BSG runs out and they indert Razor instead, DF is dead, Flash Gordon is a joke, Painkiller is killed, Eureka is not much of a show - and I'm not even going to mention the B movie craze they have -- this is getting to the point that the Sci-Fi channel devolves to just another sawdust filled pointless thing that most ppl will ignore.
  • E, C, F'N W

Extreme Championship Wrestling in all its glory. ECW is back and better than ever. With all the death defying super stars like Tazz, Terry Funk, Sabu and many more. Also Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle and Big Show have been drafted from Raw and Smackdown! There are hardly any rules in ECW matches which is why it's so awsome. No rules means weapons galore and heaps of surprises. Manager Paul Heymen says the new ECW is the future of hardcore wrestling. People who love violence and crazy moves will love ECW. I wouldn't recommend it to the faint hearted though.
  • Bringing back Ecw is a really smart thing The WWE did.

Ecw needs to be longer. I have loved Ecw since it started in the 1990"s. some of my favorite superstars are Rob Van Dam, CM punk, Tommy Dreammer, Stevie Richards,John Morrison,and The current Ecw champion Kane. It was about time they gave Kane the a Championship lately he has had a rivalry with chavo Guerrero. I was also glad to see Chavo win the Ecw championship. By far my favorite rivalry since Ecw started back up has to be Cm punk vs John Morrison. They bought the best out of each other which carried over into their matches and promos. I still have them on my dvr.
  • ecw is so back.

I me happy that ecw is back ecw is a lot butter then wwe in a lot of ways. ecw is so Hardcore and ecw has no rules like wwe does. ECW has rvd as the wwe/ecw champ and will beat anyony thats gets in his way. they also have the big bad show in the big show who is going to hurt anyone that suck. ecw will be the best show on tv for now on and i hope ecw stay on tv more the it did in the late 90s. say ecw ecw ecw ecw ecw ecw ecw.
  • I'm serious! What moron thought that putting a wrestling show on Sci-Fi would be a good idea?!

1.5
    Yes, I know the wrestling brings in a lot of money. However, have you seen the crap they buy with that money?! Billy Baldwin as a washed up cop who works security and gets transported back in time to fight harpies. Seriously?! This is what they replaced Farscape and SG-1 with?! Ya, using 2 to 3 hours of sci-fi time is really worth that. It just makes me sick at times to see a great channel like Sci-Fi use to be to play this "show" that has absolutely nothing to do with anything even closely related to science fiction. Come on Sci-Fi...learn from G4 when it changed all the great programs it had when it acquired TechTV!
  • The things they try to pass off as wrestling these days. Three matches in one hour is not a show, it's a waste of time.

I was optimistic about the return of ECW to TV. I was hoping for a return of a wrestling alternative to the abysmal and often insulting world of professional wrestling that has been turned into sports entertainment (what that actually means, I'll never know). Instead we get squash matches and strippers who can't dance. The ECW originals are eaten alive by roided up WWE rejects (save for CM Punk) and it's sad. We wanted wrestling and got WWE RAW: Light. Management at the E gets tons of complaints of the lackluster product. Do yourself a favor, change the channel.
  • Their premiere episode was absolutely horrible.

3.8
    Their premiere episode was absolutely horrible. Sandman vs some lame zombie character. I've heard betting grunting from womens tennis matches. Then later on showing a vampire, surprised Gangrel didnt show up as well. This all suppose to get the SciFi crowd excited about wrestling?
    The battle royal was average at best. Everyone tossed middle ropes so they can get weapons. Big Show dominating the entire match until, o what a big surprise, Sabu tosses the Big Show over for the win. Wow, didnt see that coming. So he will face John Cena at the WWE ppv.
    To top it off, the commentators of Tazz and Joey Styles were bad, both are complete morons and bad commentators.
    The show must get better or else it will be another XFL.
  • WOW!!!!This is not even extreme......

I remember when this was extreme and that was from 1993- 2001 and kind of June 2006- November 2006. Now, I dont even bother watching this show because its bad. How is it called "EXREME championship Wrestling" when the last time they had a extreme rules matches was months ago. During the draft of 2008, they took out the best superstars from from ecw. THere are only like 2 origanals left. All I have to say is why bother watching this show when its not extreme and there are not any good superstars. When Mark Henry,Matt Hardy leave........ Thats it for Extremly Crappy Wrestling. Now, somehow I agree with jerry lawler about ecw. Overall: 4/10
  • This was pathetic! I wanted to move my review here.

4.6
    Well, so much for ECW on Sci-Fi! The beginning was great, RVD getting the title, Cena and Edge coming in and that cheap shot on Heyman! Ouch! Then came the Zombie, the Sci-Fi of ECW on Sci-Fi. The Sandman came out and kicked his zombie ass! But I wish Vince wasn't so concerned about his semen and Shawn Michaels to get the rights to Enter Sandman for The Sandman and Man in the Box for Tommy Dreamer. Justin Credible vs. Kurt Angle was nothing but a squash match. I mean, Justin's a good wrestler, but has to job for Angle. That Kelly girl stripping was the best! Way to get the nerds on your side! But why did we have to see Taz(yes, that's spelled right, that's ECW's Taz, not WWE Tazz, the name they used so they wouldn't have spend a buck to get the Taz name from Warner Bros.) and The King? Old squash match. That battle Royal was nothing but a WWE "Hardcore" match, nothing looked real. But Sabu won, so I was happy. Overall, it wasn't what I expected from ECW. But wait a minute, this isn't ECW. This is WWE Presents: EC Dub. Smaller Venues, Vince, smaller Venues. This was after Smackdown!, this was a Smackdown! crowd.
    Little Cena Kid fans and the soccer moms. Needs to get a more EXTRRREEEEEEEME Crowd or needs to in smaller venues, or this will fail. Oh well, back to Bingo Halls! Keep going this route, and it will be a flaming sack of crap.
  • Fake strippers, Vampires, Giants, Zombies, WWE jobbers, Vince McMahon oh my!

This new ECW is boring I don't get its horrible Sandman is being forced to job where's his entrance music also Rob Van Dam a great wrestler who proved himself everywhere is being forced to job also Sabu, Tommy Dreamer have to be treated like crap when will Vince come to his senses.
  • This is a review on this weeks ECW. The Main Event: Swagga vs. Matt Hardy Good Show

This show is remember for 2 things: Tommy Dreamer retirement speech, and Hardy/Swagger match, and the rest of show was all right.

Match 1: Paul Burchill/Katie "Sexy" Leavs. Dj "That 70's guy" Gabriel/Alicia "I was remembered for Wedding Planner" Fox: This was an okay match showing off the girls mostly. *1/2

Match 2: Boogeyman vs. Jobber: The only cool thing is Boogeyman. But why keep destroying jobbers instead of giving him people that are at least known.

Dreamer Speech: This was a fantastic promo, and delivered great and emotional, and I felt like crying when Dreamer was. But give him a shot or run with title, because he's been working hard for being only ECW Original wrestler left. Dreamer is Ecw!!!!
    ****1/4

Main Event: Matt "I'll never die, but knees are" Hardy vs. Jack "Young Buck" Swagga: This was a solid match, and as good or little better than Swagga's match last week against Finlay, and they had good chemistry, but my opinion on Swagga's title win, is I'm torn, because he's a great talent, but Hardy still had some good time left has champ, but Congrats Swagga!!!!
    ***1/4
  • Sometimes I wonder why people don't appreciate ECW right now.

Okay, I can never understand why the hell people love to crap all over the ECW show that's currently airing on Sci-Fi. Why? Because it's not the original ECW? It's not hardcore? It's not extreme? They do the hardcore spots and bumps back in the day?

NO CRAP, SHERLOCKS.

Nothing can be like the original ECW. They can't do the same hardcore, extreme spots and bumps like they did because of the WORK SCHEDULE that the WWE has. Try working a 320-day schedule with matches in various states, autograph signings and special guest appearances in various TV shows, while having little if any time to heal from your injuries or whatever fatigue you have. THEN try to do the same stuff they did back in the original ECW. Half of you wouldn't even last 3 seconds before your bodies give out.

Anyways, anyone thinks that the original ECW was about hardcore wrestling is a hardcore idiot at their best. The original ECW had some of the best wrestling and wrestlers at their time, hell, they didn't need the hardcore stuff such as tables, tacks, flames, sexual conduct with little regret to tone it down, to get over with the Eastern United States crowd.

This ECW is only around to help bring up some new talent for the big scenes on the Raw and SmackDown rosters. Also, quit whining about the letters please. Those letters sell a lot more on the mainstream market than what Velocity and Heat could do. After all the WWE is a BUSINESS, why should they change the name when they're making money off of it? If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Still, despite being an hour long, their show is a lot better than Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. End of story.
  • WOW

wow wow wow wow wow wow what a show .did u see big show he was hurt. man blood every where. sabu through the rules out the window. CM punk he might look funny to peopel but he is sure no joke he has still not lossed and what an impact hardcore holly made. beatup RVD and then he hit that guy RVD was fighting who knows that guys name any RVD whats revange and he wants soon. man man frist macth wow wow sand man toomy and torie beat some other guys but man what a match man. well ECW was a preety good show
  • ecw ecw ecw!!!!

3 of 3 of the only places where i can c wat i luv ppl beatin the crap out of each other!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean who doesnt luv a good fight now & then huh who???????????? i thought so...i luv WWE & ECW alot i mean ALOT!!!!! it never gets old!! y cant there b more like it? thatd b great if there would b more like it!!! but NOOOOOOOO (mockingly) its 2 violent u cant watch it bla bla bla!!(normally) u get the message...just 18 more words...cmon ppl do not disagree cause if u do ur the biggest WIMPS on the planet!!!
  • It is Ec\"Fn\"W. And it is back!

It is Ec "Fn"W. The power is back! We see sand-man. That balls dude! More ex things happening! It is to ex for t\"fn\"v. We see the hot woman. The ex dudes. I think that ecw is better than wwe. Way better. On wwe you see all that cool crap. Ecw as all that crazy crap. I\'m 619 so I should know. That is right I\'m 619. Wwe champ. The under dog. I wish I chold go in ecw. But I whant to get on king booker. If he was in ecw I wholud kill his wife and him. But yah any way. Ecw is so back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The new WWE velocity Craptacular

I wasnt a fan of ECW back in the day, but after seeing One Night Stand 2005, I got a hold of some old ECW PPVs and show. The stuff was AMAZING! I wished I was into it back then.

When they decided to resurrect it, I was very excited, and after watching it since the summer I have to say its ECW only in name and only serves to tarnish its former namesake.

I think its biggest fault is that its called ECW. They should just rename it to something else. All it does is anger old ECW fans and to the new ECW audience, its just a low-class WWE brand.

ECW is a sub-par WWE brand, period and by calling it ECW, is a smack in the face to what ECW was. If WWE is going to bring in a new brand in an oversaturated market, it NEEDS to be different, and ECW WAS different, but they abandoned what made it different.

My suprise is that McMahon who has a great reputation for giving fans what they want doesnt see the potental for ECW, but then again, I am no means an expert. The way it looks though is that fans (and talent) are dissappointed on many levels. I suggest giving the old ECW style a try for a few weeks and see how its recieved. If not, change the name because in the near future every remnance of the old ECW will be gone anyway, including the fans.
  • Craptastic! It's Extremely Crappy Wrestling, not Extreme Championship Wrestling

Where\'s the hardcore? Regular Matches?! Hammerstein Ballroom, Bingo Halls, etc. Rowdy Teens chanting ECW, ECW!, ECW! No wonder why Kurt Angle Left.

Kevin Thorn, The Zombie, Mike Knox? Vince McMahon should pull the plug on ECW. I won't be suprised if he does. That's right I said Vince McMahon not Paul Heyman for you people who don\'t go on wrestling news sites. I can\'t believe SciFi gave ECW a 2nd Season, I hope it gets canceled before then. ECW might me Extreme Championship Wrestling to them, but to me, its Extremely Crappy Wrestling. And so now I'm sticking to WWE
  • Bad

Really disappointing!!!! Lacked any creativity what so ever! Maybe it was just this one episode, I don't know but this week was bad. Boring, and just plain dull. Now I know they only have an hour on air, but comeone guys! You can do better than that. We want to see Extreme Wrestling. That's why its called ECW. Extreme Championship Wrestling. You guys have an hour, make a better effort. Surprise your viewers, bring in I don't know Stone Cold Steve Austin or someone. Just for an appearance. Just make a better show. PLEASE!!!! I'm ready to just shut it off altogether.
  • what is so extreme about it?

4.3
    This ECW is no longer what you call "extreme".I don't see any thing extreme about.They don't have much good superstars.They waste their time with stripper dancing and the divas don't even fight.Before ECW went out of business it was a great show but now I think this might be the brand with lowest brand ratings.The only match good is the main event.The heels are not good wrestlers,the faces are mostly the only one's who can fight.But it is only because they fight weak heels like elijah burke.Or a wannabe vampire.They need to work on the heels gimmicks,they need it alot.
  • Extreme Crappy Wrestling.... oooooh yeah!

I have to confess: I haven't seen anything of the old ECW, but the new one is just full of crap.

I recently saw the 2006 "One Night Stand", awesome show. And than I thought about the actual ECW show on Sci-Fi.

What the hell are they thinking? Such a low value show!

It looks like the WWE puts everything in the ECW they don't want to do in their two main brands.

Crappy wrestlers, crappy matches. Only once in a while a quite good match, but they are very rare.

And what about the extreme rules? I thought this was "extreme"?! So few matches, most of them are not even as good as what they show on Heat.

ECW died for me right before Wrestle Mania 23... when they had the huge push for the Umaga-Lashley match and nearly the whole 45 minutes of show were just stupid bla-bla-bla... and what... 9 minutes or so of actual wrestling... in 2 matches... I haven't seen it since and I will refuse to watch it again. It's just a waste of time.
  • ECW is ok from time to time just now there is no Hardcore so this show is no longer Extreme

5.5
    ECW was run by former owner Paul Heyman after him losing the company back in 2001 Vince McMahon bought ECW and all of its footage. In 2005 we would see ECW wrestlers come back for One Night Stand. In 2006 ECW would be back again for One Night Stand again but this time it would start to run a weekly show on the Sci Fi channel. WWE had a lot of the ECW greats on the show Sabu who was released so was Sandman and RVD would leave after not wanting to stay Big Show would leave about just the start of 2007. The show is ok only is on for about 1 hour if you will add the adverts put in to it you get 45 mins. ECW has some good wrestlers on the show such as CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn who are the rising stars of WWE. Also now adding Shelton Benjamim one of the best moves i have see now he will get better from been on ECW. The show lacks with some of the wrestlers such as The Miz, John Morrison, Matt Striker, Big Daddy V who are just boring to see.

There is Joey Styles to give you great commentary while watching the show to make it interesting. The there is Tazz he is a good wrestler just his commentary is boring. ECW is good and bad the worst thing about the show it is only a 1 hour, should be more wrestlers, and theres no Paul Heyman.
  • What's the point? It's basically WWE with a very little bit of extreme.

5.6
    It's like a little WWE. Out of Raw, Smackdown, and ECW, ECW has the lowest ratings. It's not even good. It's basically a bunch on young punks saying that they're ECW material. The only good people are the originals and Bobby Lashley. I'm only 12, so I didn't see the original ECW, but my dad told me it was way better. They had really good extreme matches. Why did they bring this back. If they got some real competitors, then it'll be better. Vince McMahon is taking over. Normally every year, I watch ECW One Night Stand. But I'm not watching it this year for two reasons.
    1. No real competition
    2. It's not at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NY.
    Needs to improve if the show wants to stay on.
  • doing downhill is a understatement

I have been a huge WWE forever i wacth RAW on a constant basis and used to watch smackdown every week also, until recently when that has also decline. But ECW is a whole different story. At first i was excited because i enjoyed both ecw one night stand pay per views. Once the show started for the first few weeks i thought it was ok as it showcased a bunch of old ecw talent with some new and up and coming talent. After RVD's drug bust it went down hill as they now only have a few old ecw stars (RVD Sabu Balls FBI Sandman and Dreamer and a few others) which are rarely used. Now they just use old wwe talent they have nothing left to do with one the show. Essentially it is heat with actual storylines, its just annoying
  • ECW on Sci-Fi is how should we say ....A GREAT BIG JOKE.

6.1
    ECW on Sci-Fi is how should we say ....A GREAT BIG JOKE. Wrestling is on my must watch list but as they say competition breeds greatness. The WWE "relaunch" of the ECW was supposed to be an alternative but is nothing more than another WWE production. It's a total farce of what it was and what they were saying it was gonna be. I understand the need to change some things to make it work especially since the original ECW went under but that was because of bad or unwise business decisions. The product itself was good, had a niche and should've been kept intact. It appears to be a launching pad for wrestlers whom WWE wouldve had a problem finding a niche for on it's Smackdown or Raw incarnations and a few "Sci-Fi" jokes (Vampires) thrown in to appease the network. The biggest travesty is that a lot of true ECW talent (Justin Credible, Al Snow) is now being made into setup men for these jokes.
  • Should have been left alone..

6.2
    Well I'm sure alot of people had high hopes when it was announced that ECW would be finally coming back. I'm also sure that many people were disappointed and shocked when they saw it. Other than the fact that it's a washed up, cleaned up, gimmicky version of the old ECW minus about 70% of the hardcore, then yeah; it's the same. After seeing just a few episodes, it's very clear it's nothing like the original. And completely under the WWE and Vince McMahon's control now. I've seen the new ECW described as a shell, well I think it's worse then that. It's the same on the surface, with the same familiar faces, same promotions and such.. but inside it's nowhere near the same. The fact that it now only has one hardcore match per night should tell you that it's no longer "extreme". Okay, so now we have, Vampires, exhibitionists, wannabe superheros, and zombies roaming around ECW, how could this be worse? Well.. you take some good ECW wrestlers and turn them into a crappy gimmicked up version of what they used to be. The Sandman is nothing but a cane-wielding psycho who beats up on 'unknown' wrestlers now. Kelly's expose is a disgrace to the show, and even Sabu, RVD, and other extreme ECW long-termers can't do most of what they used to do. They've taken plenty of WWE "superstars" and even some former WWE wrestlers and called them Extremists. I'm sorry.. but this show is hardly worth the time anymore. It's completely WWE-ized. And nothing like what it used to be. If you're looking for real hardcore wrestling, go somewhere else. If you're looking for something like this, watch RAW.
  • Development on TV

6.9
    ECW has now been on the air for now one year and alot has changed. Kurt Angle, Big Show, RVD, Sabu, Paul Heyman and Sandman have now gone from the WWE. The show is still a hour and it still isn't Extreme.

The way I see ECW now is more development these days and not a third brand that the WWE sees it. Tommy Dreamer seems that he become the new Terry Funk of ECW by passing down this skills to a new ECW.

People like Big Daddy V, Morrison and Stevie are all great wrestlers but there are alot of waste in there to like CM Punk and Knox who just stink up the lace.

The show is getting better
  • ECW is a great show but nowhere as near as good as it used to be. It is still worth watching though.

ECW is pretty good considering it only gets an hour to put on a show. It is hard to compare it to the old ECW because the old ECW was all about anti-establishment and all that good stuff but the new ECW is still a good fix for hardcore wrestling fans like myself. The new ECW has its moments where you are right there with the crowd chanting holy sh!+ but other times I am watching it and just fall asleep. Even though I said some negitive things about the new ECW all in all it is still a great show. So if you are a fan of vintige ECW you may find some of it here.
< 1 2 3