WWE ECW

WrestleMania Backlash to the Extreme

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 03, 2007 on Syfy

• ECW Originals vs. New Breed, and a surprise appearance by Stevie Richards!

Let's get extreme with my review of the April 3rd 2007 episode of ECW on Sci-Fi, this time, in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Like I said before in my review of the 2nd April episode of WWE Raw, I enjoyed WWE Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit, Michigan. One of the matches I kinda enjoyed was the ECW Originals defeating the New Breed. But tonight, they face off again! Only this time, it's Extreme Rules.

Since I recorded this off Sky Sports 1 with my DVD recorder, I skip through Bobby Lashley's promo and the stupid Extreme Expose. Let's talk about the matches:

First off, it's CM Punk vs. former Sunday Night Heat General Manager Stevie Richards. I notice how pudgy Punk's gut is. Since he doesn't drink beer, he must be drinking more Pepsi than any human being should. Richards still has a job with the WWE. This should be fun...

Punk and Richards wrestle a decent match, with Punk getting the victory. Since the Brand Extension is ending, I believe Richards is doomed to wrestle mixed tag-team matches with Victoria FOREVER!

Up next, we have Hardcore Holly against Gene Snitsky, who now looks like a dead ringer for the Big Red Machine Kane. Snitsky wins. Next.

Now, the main event, it's Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, & The Sandman, aka the ECW Originals, vs. Dee Jay...oops, I mean, Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Kevin Thorn, & Marcus Cor Von (the artist formely known as TNA's Monty Brown), aka the New Breed, in an Extreme Rules Match.

This is a kick-ass match which truly defines the REAL ECW, where everybody gets to do their big moves, as the ECW Originals get down and dirty with the cowardly New Breed! The heels win the match when Burke pins Sabu after sending him through a table.

That brings an end to my review, and I will see you next time. Until then, stay extreme!