WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

2012 WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion

telvisnostic

[21]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 52

Ole speaks on the HOF. http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2012/jan/15/mooneyham-column-four-horsemen-back-saddle/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[22]Jan 30, 2012

Updated with Mike Tyson.

Raccoon1459

[23]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 22

This isn't the boxing hall of fame we're talking about here.

Edited on 01/30/2012 12:27pm

telvisnostic

[24]Jan 30, 2012

I know. He's in though.

wdprince

[25]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 21

In all honesty, Edge shouldn't have been inducted so early. I'm happy for him, but not thrilled about this.

telvisnostic

[26]Jan 30, 2012

wdprince wrote:
    In all honesty, Edge shouldn't have been inducted so early. I'm happy for him, but not thrilled about this.
    I feel the same way. I think the Horsemen would have sold many a ticket.

JLe1223

[27]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 20
    Mike Tyson seriously? What did he do that's so significant?

zan4

[28]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 10
    I believe he punched Vince or something

lightning_kf

[29]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 36
    JLe1223 wrote:
    Mike Tyson seriously? What did he do that's so significant?

Let's just say that he was the first celebrity that had a part of the WWF venturing to uncharted water.

*ahem* Attitude Era.

Randyspeeps

[30]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 34
    The WWE HOF has solidified itself as irrelevant, because the standards for which you get in are absent. Once you induct people like Pete Rose, I believe you lose all credibility. Which is a shame. Because what greater honor is there for a person to be in the Hall of Fame of their profession? How would it feel if you're Ric Flair, and your name goes down in wrestling history next to Pete Rose?

JLe1223

[31]Feb 5, 2012
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    The WWE HOF has solidified itself as irrelevant, because the standards for which you get in are absent. Once you induct people like Pete Rose, I believe you lose all credibility. Which is a shame. Because what greater honor is there for a person to be in the Hall of Fame of their profession? How would it feel if you're Ric Flair, and your name goes down in wrestling history next to Pete Rose?

Or Drew Carey.

telvisnostic

[32]Feb 6, 2012

It's a celebrity wing and remember it's Sports Entertainment to them. You want a REAL wrestling HOF, go here-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Wrestling_Hall_of_Fame_and_Museum

***SPOILER***

JLe1223

[33]Feb 6, 2012
    I like those entries.

telvisnostic

[34]Feb 20, 2012

Updated with Ron. I wonder if they'll get Butch Reed or JBL to induct him.

Raccoon1459

[35]Feb 20, 2012
    Bradshaw will come and crash the party.

lightning_kf

[36]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 36
    telvisnostic wrote:

Updated with Ron. I wonder if they'll get Butch Reed or JBL to induct him.

I see them using JBL instead. How many people remember Ron Simmons and Butch Reed as Doom? I've only seen them once as a tag team (with T-Long as their manager) beating The Steiner Brothers for the WCW Tag Team championships.

All I can say is, I went to YouTube and found clips of him beating VADER of all people for the WCW title. Hearing Jim Ross call the best post-match win and Simmons' celebration after getting the 3-count was awesome. Sadly, I was more into WWF at the time before I got more videos of WCW to divide between the two promotions. I wish I did cause Ron Simmons was awesome, man.

telvisnostic

[37]Feb 22, 2012

I'd rather Reed, but you're right Lightning, more eyes will be brought with JBL as the inductor.

--------------

Busted Open Interview: Ron Simmons Hosts: Doug Mortman and Dave LaGreca Busted Open can be heard Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2-4 ET on Sirius 94 XM 208

Ron Simmons on the Hall of Fame: "These past few years have been very rewarding for me from an athletic standpoint. I have had the honor of being inducted into some very prestigious Halls of Fame, starting with the state of Georgia, the Collegiate Hall of Fame, and now the WWE Hall of Fame. But I think this one by far will hold the dearest to my heart because I know the individual effort that it takes not only to succeed but to sustain it in this business. So this one is going to take the cake for me. This tops it off for me."

Ron Simmons on becoming the first ever African-American world champion: "I've read a lot of stories about Jackie Robinson and Muhammad Ali and people of this nature and how that must have felt to cross those racial barriers and to try to make it to even the playing field level not only for all African-Americans, but for all people. So I now get a feeling of how they felt and that feeling is only something you can go through to describe it. I know this, it feels great to be in that situation, to open doors not only for African-Americans but for anyone that is inspiring to succeed not only in professional wrestling, but for anything that you want to do. If you stick with it and are dedicated to it, it can happen and I am living proof of that."

Ron Simmons on Bill Watts: "There is a lot of things when it comes to promoters that he and I did not see eye to eye on. But I can tell you this, that is the one man I can say that had the courage and the guts to say "you know what, it's time for this to happen. The guy has the credentials to do this. He is a renowned athlete. He has proven himself in the ring" Bill had enough guts to say "kid if you are willing to do this with me and hang in there with me, we can make this happen." My hat is off to him and I will be forever grateful to him."

Ron Simmons on The Rock: "They kind of kicked around a lot of ideas with him and a lot of gimmicks he went through, but he just couldn't quite get the niche. So until he got with me and in the Nation of Domination, and he kind of off-springed from me and with that relationship he kind of got on his way from there, and found the right situation to be in, and the right persona for him. As far as getting as big as he did, I don't even think he knew he would get this big. I can say I am proud of him and the only thing I would like for him to do is offer Farooq a part in one of his movies. Let me be a stand in, I don't even need a speech, just offer me something (Laughing)."

Ron Simmons on his relationship with JBL: "I can't say enough about him. When I was growing up as a kid and I didn't have the good fortune of growing up in a household with my brothers and sisters the way that I wanted to. I often wondered what it would be like in a household setting that shared things with my brothers. But due to misfortune in my family, I didn't have that. Later on when I got to tag with him the relationship we had was just that close. He was like a brother to me. I found out what that would be like, to share things with a brother, love, laugh, disappointment. That's what he means to me and still does. I am very grateful to this day for that. He is like a brother to me."

-Various sites

Edited on 02/22/2012 3:58pm

telvisnostic

[38]Mar 21, 2012

Updated with a new fella.

Raccoon1459

[39]Mar 22, 2012
    Do they even care about the Hall of Fame anymore?

Crulex1369

[40]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 26
    Nice. Yoko getting in is great, but it's kinda weird that they didn't show it on Tv. Maybe Friday?