WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Change In The Round Table Discussion

Should the TWF and WOTU Round Tables Merge?

  • Avatar of JandSman

    JandSman

    [1]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 7,214

    Hello, I've been General manager for the TWF/GWF for many of years, and we've had some great times in the Round Table, and I hope we can continue to so in the upcoming years. But it seems apparent that there needs to be some change in order for us to continue to have great times in the Round Table, and there will be change, but the change will be in all of your hands. Now I can't reveal everything because depending on your decision, it might chance some of the factors.


    But what is your decision exactly? Well while we've talked about this before, I'd like to bring up merging the TWF and WOTU Round Table's, now some might argue that we've already talked about this matter and made a decision, but some factors have changed.


    For instance one problem with people making the switch was the leadership, and recently the WOTU has undergone leadership changing from Killerband to JediKnight, so if that was one of your road blocks in making the switch then you no longer have to worry about it.


    Another thing is that we already have working relations with them before such as the Royal Rumble match, a Survivor Series 10 man tag match, they've participated in our Survival of the Fittest Tag Team tourney, and soon we will both have the same tag titles.


    A merger also wouldn't mean that you couldn't post in TV.Com anymore, it would just be suggested that you post in the WOTU seeing as how most of us are already Gamespot members, and they have the convenient function of telegram's, and at the moment there are more people in the WOTU Round Table then our's so it only makes sense for us to go over there.


    And with more people over there we can finally get some new matches and new feuds, with all these new people, and are turn outs for PPV's could be the biggest numbers of all time, having some forty people at each Round Table would be fantastic.


    But the decision is up to you guys, you can state your thoughts if you want too, but think carefully because your decision no matter yes or no will have an immediate affect on the Round Table.


    Sincerely,


    Co-GM JandSman

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JakeFrato

    JakeFrato

    [2]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 10/20/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 496
    I am all for it. It would breathe new life into the RT, and lead to some of the best activity and action since 08-09-10. I think that we need to do this to save a fun game that has brought joy to many of us for the past few years.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [3]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850
    Jandsman,

    The major problem in the WOTU was Killerband, however, you say it underwent a leadership change. If memory serves me correct, wasn't Spideynerd the leader of the WOTU when Killerband was dominating the place?

    Also, the possibilities with new feuds and promos and more people is very enticing indeed, but I do think if this goes through, the TWF should have someone that serves as a representative for our brand over there to make sure that our members aren't screwed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sonicrenegade91

    sonicrenegade91

    [4]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 03/25/13
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 13
    As much as I hate to admit it, TWF has been going down dramatically since our major players (SSJ, Android, Hornswaggle) and others left. Though I will say this...

    If Killerband is still there, no, forget it.

    If he's not, then bring them on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JakeFrato

    JakeFrato

    [5]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 10/20/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 496
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Jandsman,

    The major problem in the WOTU was Killerband, however, you say it underwent a leadership change. If memory serves me correct, wasn't Spideynerd the leader of the WOTU when Killerband was dominating the place?

    Also, the possibilities with new feuds and promos and more people is very enticing indeed, but I do think if this goes through, the TWF should have someone that serves as a representative for our brand over there to make sure that our members aren't screwed.


    No, Spidey was not the leader of the WOTU at point in time. Killer was always leader, an the new leader as of now just so happens to be the newest TWF member, JediKnight. I do believe JandS is making the case of all of us just going there and NOT using tv.com and just killing off the TWF in general. I could be wrong, I very well could be, but that's the way I am perceiving it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JandSman

    JandSman

    [6]Apr 2, 2013
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 7,214
    JakeFrato wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Jandsman,

    The major problem in the WOTU was Killerband, however, you say it underwent a leadership change. If memory serves me correct, wasn't Spideynerd the leader of the WOTU when Killerband was dominating the place?

    Also, the possibilities with new feuds and promos and more people is very enticing indeed, but I do think if this goes through, the TWF should have someone that serves as a representative for our brand over there to make sure that our members aren't screwed.


    No, Spidey was not the leader of the WOTU at point in time. Killer was always leader, an the new leader as of now just so happens to be the newest TWF member, JediKnight. I do believe JandS is making the case of all of us just going there and NOT using tv.com and just killing off the TWF in general. I could be wrong, I very well could be, but that's the way I am perceiving it.
    As CP said Killerband has always been the leader since we've known about WOTU, but now Killerband has no more power then Spideynerd, but before he always did. It also should be noted that Jedi coming over here to join the RT was very nice of him, and shows that they want to work together more.

    And we would have a representative that would be on the same level of Spideynerd, he wouldn't be higher then JediKnight, but that was the same thing with the GWF, I had the most universal power, but from what I've seen and heard, I didn't abuse that, and I don't believe JediKnight will abuse it either.

    As for CP's point about killing off the TWF in General, it doesn't matter to me if you guys still post at TV.Com, I'm only here as the leader of the Round Table, but if I was talking to you as a regular member not from a Round Table perspective, I think that it makes sense to go to WOTU completely since they have a lot of people, and a very organized system with discussion threads and Gamespot has a lot of features that I personally like more then TV.Com. But that's up to all of you, because if you don't all completely go to WOTU, I won't be offended, and there is nothing wrong with staying here to post.

    But I think that you'll be missing an opportunity if you don't convert over because of one guy who doesn't really have much say anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spideynerd3

    spideynerd3

    [7]Apr 3, 2013
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 3,546
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Jandsman,

    The major problem in the WOTU was Killerband, however, you say it underwent a leadership change. If memory serves me correct, wasn't Spideynerd the leader of the WOTU when Killerband was dominating the place?

    Also, the possibilities with new feuds and promos and more people is very enticing indeed, but I do think if this goes through, the TWF should have someone that serves as a representative for our brand over there to make sure that our members aren't screwed.


    Yeah, as Cpman and JandSman said, I was never the leader, but I was head of the RT (so I ran the show there). Out of respect for Killer, I did try to clue him in on a few things, but in the last couple months of his reign as leader, I got away with a storyline that was way worse than the Ortonism take over, and he wasn't even that mad about it. I still run the RT with Jedi in charge, so if the merger where to happen, I would gladly have someone from the TWF step up and have just as much power as I do. I'm sure Jedi would even be willing to promote said person to officer (so they can send telegrams) just as long as they don't abuse their power. Jedi is a lot more understanding than Killer, although Killer has gotten slightly better since the Ortonism deal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [8]Apr 3, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477

    What I'd like to add to this discussion is that I am more than willing to be the go-between guy for Tvcom and TWF/ Gamespot and WOTU that Spidey and Speeps suggested. I've good with being that kind of guy, because I've done that with the TWF by being the go-between guy for the Board and TWF in general.


    Like JandSman said, this is just a suggestion. No one will be offended if you want to stay, and as RT host of the Tv.com RT, if you want to stay, I'll host it for as long as as I can and people are interested. Hell, maybe I'll even set up something similar here on Tv.com if you want to play both here and there or don't want to go there at all, like a fantasy league or something. But since Killer mellowed out a little, Jedi being a great leader who likes us TWF'ers and Spidey and I both being great spokesmen for both groups, we just hope that maybe we can create a new chapter in RT history, rather than drag things out here in a slow death in the next year.

    Edited on 04/03/2013 7:35am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [9]Apr 3, 2013
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850
    This is all very interesting and intriguing. One of my biggest problems about going to the WOTU was Killerband. If he's not there it at least makes the place a little more attractive.

    Who would be the TWF representative in the WOTU? Jandsman or Crulex?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spideynerd3

    spideynerd3

    [10]Apr 3, 2013
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 3,546
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    This is all very interesting and intriguing. One of my biggest problems about going to the WOTU was Killerband. If he's not there it at least makes the place a little more attractive.

    He (Killer) is still there, he just has about as much power as I do (but when it comes to the RT he has no power). He has also mellowed out, like Crulex mentioned. He also flat out told me before he gave up the leadership spot that he would like to see a merger between the TWF and WOTU sometime before WM 30. So he was completely open to the idea (although I get why you'd still be iffy on going over there).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [11]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477

    spideynerd3 wrote:
    He (Killer) is still there, he just has about as much power as I do (but when it comes to the RT he has no power).


    Exactly. He has no real say in the RT, and Jedi and Spidey are the ones who truly run the WOTU. Killer has about as much power in the WOTU now as Qfrodri has here, in that we respect them and give them professional courtesy for who they are and what they did for the forums and making the RT, but when it comes to the bottom line choice making, they're not really involved.


    Also, not to step on JandSman's toes, but I'd probably end up being the TWF Rep since I'm at the WOTU forums just about every day, and I think I have more free time to do that sort of thing than anyone.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [12]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    Basically...I'll play the TV.com Roundtable til it ends, but I aint going to no WOTU. I could be persuaded to have cameos there, like the week when Ortonism took over, but I wouldn't go there full time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Frieza4226

    Frieza4226

    [13]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 01/27/11
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 100
    A roundtable is a roundtable to me. I don't care where we play as long as we play. If there are more posters and promoers in the WOTU, count me in. I'll go to the WOTU, but only if it is confirmed that we are merging. I'll still play in Crulex's Tv.com RT league or whatever he is planning here because I want to keep Majin, Slick, Kreater and EFC company, but I like the idea of starting fresh in a new place and I will gladly do both games.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of goldenagenick24

    goldenagenick24

    [14]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 11/05/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,074

    Ironically my show's run is going to end the night of Wrestlemania. So Goldenagenick will be making his triumphant return soon enough! Although I only skimmed this thread, I think a merger may be the best option. The only restraint I have is going to Gamespot. I like Tv.com's set up a lot more, but I understand sacrifices must be made.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JandSman

    JandSman

    [15]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 7,214
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

    Basically...I'll play the TV.com Roundtable til it ends, but I aint going to no WOTU. I could be persuaded to have cameos there, like the week when Ortonism took over, but I wouldn't go there full time.

    May I ask why, it seems there isn't to much of a big difference between the WOTU and GWF expect there are more people in the WOTU and more active discussion in many different fields of interest and programming of Wrestling.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [16]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    JandSman wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:


    Basically...I'll play the TV.com Roundtable til it ends, but I aint going to no WOTU. I could be persuaded to have cameos there, like the week when Ortonism took over, but I wouldn't go there full time.


    May I ask why, it seems there isn't to much of a big difference between the WOTU and GWF expect there are more people in the WOTU and more active discussion in many different fields of interest and programming of Wrestling.
    I've no interest in joining another forum, basically. I hang out here because I like the people (admittedly haven't been around as often lately, but that's because I'm currently lacking interest in WWE and spending most of my wrestling-watching time watching Japanese or indy stuff). If you guys move the RT over there, that's fine by me, but I will cease to be a part of it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLe1223

    JLe1223

    [17]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 03/04/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,930
    I'm going to keep playing regardless of what we do. Although I wouldn't mind a merger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JandSman

    JandSman

    [18]Apr 4, 2013
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 7,214
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

    JandSman wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:


    Basically...I'll play the TV.com Roundtable til it ends, but I aint going to no WOTU. I could be persuaded to have cameos there, like the week when Ortonism took over, but I wouldn't go there full time.


    May I ask why, it seems there isn't to much of a big difference between the WOTU and GWF expect there are more people in the WOTU and more active discussion in many different fields of interest and programming of Wrestling.
    I've no interest in joining another forum, basically. I hang out here because I like the people (admittedly haven't been around as often lately, but that's because I'm currently lacking interest in WWE and spending most of my wrestling-watching time watching Japanese or indy stuff). If you guys move the RT over there, that's fine by me, but I will cease to be a part of it.

    Hmm well I'm still confused by your point to move, because most of the people you like would move from TV.Com to the WOTU with a few expectations who would be more then welcome to come with us even if they don't want to play the game. But if you dead on staying here, I think Crulex will make it so you can send in your picks if we merge, so would you be willing to do that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [19]Apr 5, 2013
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477

    Looks to me like 99% of the WOTU including it's leader Jedi and GM Spidey are for it, and Myself, JandSman, CPman, Nick, JLe and Frieza are for it here. Sonic and Speeps seem to at least be seriously considering it. The only one not interesting in moving is Majin, and he even said himself three posts ago that he would be fine and not upset or bitter if we move (and like I said, I'm going to set up something for the people who stay behind, so they won't get shafted). Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me that if Randyspeeps is up for giving it a try, then I see no reason not to, since just about every full-time active RT'er has weighed in on this.



    Also, if Majin doesn't want to go to the forums of WOTU but would still like to promo and play, I'd be more than willing to do for him what I did for ALLPRO and repost his promos over there and give him a link to the thread so that he can see what they say. I'm willing to work with you guys on this and make it as fair as possible, just let me know.

    Edited on 04/05/2013 6:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.