WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

CM Punk&HHH Promo August 1st. 2011

What did you think about the promo?

ice_edge

[1]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 13

So it seems that overall we have not been focusing on things we should be focusing. Like people on youtube focusing on stuff like belts and Indianapolis and cm punk being this or that or whatever.

Seriously Now what I really wish to talk about is this particular promo here we just witnessed and your thoughts about it it. I really think it was really good and even worth making an entire thread about it (and I really do).

This promo really made me laugh and at the same time it really felt very so oh so, so real. I dunno but if anything it was gold. Promo of the first half of 2011 no doubt. Dunno how anyone will ever top it. I mean there are times in wrestling like for instance The Rock talked. You know he does not need the ring or fight it out to feel something really good (talking about 90's Rocky here). They can just do it verbally and it really feels like something really awesome. It feels like you really want to know what the person will say next. It brings the excitement in the game altogether.

That's what I felt. I was glued to my computer screen. The whole delivery was really awesome. Everything from very good timing to an almost perfect precision and balance between 2 characters on the show. They balanced each other out perfectly for whatever odd reason.

Dunno if speaking how it is and between the lines brings anything to overall performance but you just want to hear something you are not allowed to in a wrestling ring. It just gives it that special flavor that otherwise you would never get.

Of course you are allowed to think the opposite. TBH tell it how you felt. Was it to much to little or someone in the middle of all nizzle

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 22
    I thought it was a really good promo, and that's saying a lot, considering that WWE is ya know...kid-friendly.

ice_edge

[3]Aug 3, 2011
    I loved how CM said he will not do anything PG friendly. LOL. That's the opposite of Cena always trying to do everything kid friendly. CM is the current face of ICW. Gotta really love it. He pretty much says how I feel about certain things.

It's not like I hate cena is just that I hate everything about what he represents LOL.....

Awesome expression. Hahah and when he pulled out his tie and slapped it around about I just could not stop laughing. It was like no hunter we all know you won't hit him. Only tiny problem with this promo was H talking how he got Morrison back which is kinda getting annoying by this point. But other than that that promo was flawless in my eyes. Nice that both stars had some good points to bring to the table.

Raccoon1459

[4]Aug 3, 2011
    I understand how you feel about Cena. He's a good wrestler, but I don't like his personality. If he wants to be kid-friendly, he should go to the Disney Channel or somewhere. Just saying.

ice_edge

[5]Aug 3, 2011
    Not saying he is that good. He is ok I guess. No more or less here. He's passionate about it and you can't take it away from him. He has a good personality irl and you can't hate him for that.

What his wwe persona is, is just something very ridiculous and silly that I dunno if I ever will like.

You kinda just can't get respect for that persona to be honest. It's just overall to corny and cheesy. It's everything anti adult friendly as it can be. I really get instah respect if he gets his rapper gimmick. I really think that is a respectable persona and the one you can take serious. This current one is just ridiculous. In other words it would be nice if I could start respecting his persona but as silly as it is you just can't. Somehow it's always the other guy that makes cena shine. It's not like cena puts anyone over on the mic. He just makes other superstars persona's look ridiculous and cheesy which i don't like. Like i said not hating the man himself... just his cheesy persona..but we been there before.

Raccoon1459

[6]Aug 3, 2011
    That's what I mean. That's why I don't like his in-ring personality. It's really cheesy.

ice_edge

[7]Aug 3, 2011

You and many more Mr Coon.

Not that anythign will be done though.

Nothing will. But at least CM punk is talking about it.... puts your mind to rest.

Edited on 08/03/2011 7:46am

goldenagenick24

[8]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 17

So you think he should go back to being a rapper, because that's less cheesy and can be taken seriously?Undecided

Cena doesn't need to go back to the basic thuganomics, that's a step back. If they want to change his character they need to do something they haven't done before with him. But right now I don't have a single problem with him and his character. It's really just the way he's written in the show. Punk is proving that with the right storyline Cena can be interesting. It's just when he's stuck doing this like "JBL is Poopy" is when people can sick of his character.

ice_edge

[9]Aug 4, 2011
    Well we are going have to agree to disagree. I think his rapper gimmick is great. I'm huge fan of his rapper gimmick. For me sure as hell it beats superman and marine gimmicks. As for me I do take him seriously everytime he plays the rapper. It just gives you that vibe of respect when he uses and it does not sound corny when he uses. Not saying that he should go back to it but sure as hell he could borrow the seriousness of that gimmick. The thing is like I said it's the other guy that always makes him interesting not cena himself making himself interesting. That's the whole point. The thing with cena is that he has the freaking leverage over the creative to actually write himself as he wants but I think he is pretty happy the way he is written in right now. That's my problem.

He does not want to embrace change unlike someone called CM Punk. He just give the entire show this extremely cheesy and kiddish aura that sicknens a lot of the fans IMO. Sure it's cool for kids but kids are not the only audience out there. I'm not hating Cena really here but I really think he knows what needs to be done. I dunno how long it will take until anything is done. But everything so far suggest Cena is happy the way he is so I really doubt anything, anytime will be done.

Best thing for him would be to stop trying to lick fans asses so much.

GoofyGoober88

[10]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 16
    I Really hope we get Punk vs Triple H at WM28...They could slowly build it into a full blown feud from now until WM28.

goldenagenick24

[11]Aug 5, 2011

GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    I Really hope we get Punk vs Triple H at WM28...They could slowly build it into a full blown feud from now until WM28.
    I agree with this statement.

WM 28 is already seeming like it could be a stacked card: HHH vs Punk, Rock vs Cena, Danielson vs Orton? Awesome main-events.

ice_edge

[12]Aug 5, 2011
    LOl where did Danielson come from?

Deadnight-Majin

[13]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 18

ice_edge wrote:
    He announced he's cashing in MITB at Mania.

ice_edge

[14]Aug 5, 2011
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?

Crulex1369

[15]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 26
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?

About two weeks ago on Smackdown.

ice_edge

[16]Aug 5, 2011
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?

Can't say i follow SD in detail.

So now it seems it might be either Orton Or Christian he will face. My take is on Christian.

goldenagenick24

[17]Aug 5, 2011

ice_edge wrote:
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?
    Can't say i follow SD in detail. So now it seems it might be either Orton Or Christian he will face. My take is on Christian.
    I just said Orton because I can't see him NOT being on the Wrestlemania card, so I figure he'd have the title and face Danielson.

ice_edge

[18]Aug 5, 2011
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?
    Can't say i follow SD in detail. So now it seems it might be either Orton Or Christian he will face. My take is on Christian.
    I just said Orton because I can't see him NOT being on the Wrestlemania card, so I figure he'd have the title and face Danielson.

We could have a triple threat.

But you have a point there. So would this mean they will make him heel by that time?

GoofyGoober88

[19]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 16
    ice_edge wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?

But you have a point there. So would this mean they will make him heel by that time?

I Would have Danielson make Orton tap because it would add shock factor to the show.

ice_edge

[20]Aug 6, 2011
    GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

ice_edge wrote:

When did that happen?

I Would have Danielson make Orton tap because it would add shock factor to the show.

Still Danielson needs to turn heel if he is to face Orton but not in a potential triple threat match.