WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Future of the Roundtable (ALL MEMBERS OF THE RT PLEASE READ)

Read the post first. Which option do you agree with?

Hurricane1123

[1]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 34

So it has come to me and Jandsman's concern that the TV.com website has become so glitchy and so slow to repair that the site has become somewhat unusable at times. Activity throughout the entire site (not just the WWE forums) has dropped tremendously just this past month and many have moved on to greener pastures of other forums. The Roundtable has been greatly affected by this change as well. Activity has fallen markedly and because of this Jandsman suggested to me that we move the entire game to another website. I told him we mustn't be hasty and that we should wait until after Night of Champions, well now NOC has passed and still nothing has been done by the TV.com execs to repair the glitches associated with the website. Activity is still pretty much barren and TV.com has now essentially become a chore to visit rather than an entertaining distraction. So to you people of TV.com, we the general managers would like to propose a couple of options regarding the future of the roundtable.

Options:

A. Move the Roundtable to Facebook:

I'm going to be honest here guys, I check my facebook account way more often than I do TV.com. I know we've all been busy and have had little time to be on this website but I probably only log on to tv.com maybe five minutes every day (unless it's the day of a show) and that's it. On the other hand, even on a busy day, I still manage to check my facebook around 3 to 5 times a day with each time I visit ranging anywhere between 5 minutes to almost an hour. Facebook already has an established thing that's sort of like the forums called "Wrestling War-Tribe" and it's much much easier and more hands on to post videos, notes, messages on that page than it is on here. So to you folks of tv.com I ask you, should we move the roundtable from TV.com to a site that is far far bigger and far less glitchier than this one? I know some of you don't have facebook pages, but it's really easy to make one, and if you're against the idea of making your first and last name public, then just make a character page and use that one to post messages on the site. For example, I could have a facebook profile named Hurricane1123 and use that one to post on the Wrestling War-Tribe or on any other page we create. Let me know what you think!

B. Move the Roundtable to Gamespot:

For those of you not wanting to switch to facebook, a site that is very very similar to tv.com is gamespot. Both websites are run by the same company and have an identical layout, but for some reason Gamespot has a far better browsing enoyability than TV.com does. If you're worried about having to create an account on Gamespot, fear not as everyone whose created a TV.com account automatically already has a GS account. There's already a roundtable running on that site so the idea has been tested before and has proven successful (though on a smaller scale than TV.com). Switching would be a synch, the only problem is that since we'll be holding the roundtable on a different website, new visitors who might frequent this site will not know of the RT running on Gamespot and will most likely be less keen on the idea of moving to Gamespot to play the RT. Anyway, that's option B.

C. Move the Roundtable to Wrestlecrap

The Wrestlecrap forums are by far some of the most active, if not THE most active forums I've ever seen in my entire life. To give you an idea of how big it is, as I type this message right now, the episode of Raw that just ended already has 1,836 posts with 28,184 views. INSANE! The site is hilarious too, those guys are responsible for a lot of the video gif avatars and sigs you see on our posts here on tv.com and their photoshopped images are hilarious. The only problem with wrestlecrap is that because of the sheer volume of the traffic that visits the site, our little community will become lost in the shuffle. Not to mention that I think the forums already have a fantasy roundtable going that numbers in the 100s of people, but regardless it's a choice and attendance will never be an issue on that site. So there's that.

D. Stay on TV.com

The stats don't lie...

TV.com Traffic

This is a dying website and people have fled to greener pastures, however this is where we all started the roundtable and is our little community's home. If you would like to wait out for the TV.com staff to fix the problems wrong with the website and would like to continue on here then Option D is definitely something worth considering. I don't really have the patience for this site, and I've gone days without visiting (mostly due to busyness) without any worry about missing out on anything. I'm not saying that I don't like you guys, no you guys are what make me come back to this site, but I feel like TV.com has become more of a force of habit than something entertaining. I still have yet to read Lightning's blog (sorry Lightning, I'll get to it eventually), but the website as a whole has just become boring to me and to a lot of other people it seems judging by the lull in activity. Regardless, let me know what you think.

Thanks,

General Manager Hurricane

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JLe1223

[2]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 20
    Wow... well in that case I much rather have the Roundtable move to Gamespot. Are we going be starting in clean states?

JLe1223

[3]Sep 19, 2011
    I can't edit.... but I rather a small community then 100's of people playing the roundtable.

SonicDaioh91

[4]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 4
    Personally, I would like to use Gamespot again seeing as I can go back to my old personel (SR84) and I have all my old stats on there as well. If it means me getting back all the records and stats I had before all this b-word bullcrap started happening, then by all means let's go to Gamespot!

ALLPR0

[5]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 12

One question, if we do gamespot don't they have a rt also?

slick14805

[6]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 19
    It's hard to leave something behind, but as your TWF champion I will gladly go where you all want to go. All options seem good to me except C for me. I have no problem doing Options A, B, or D. However, if C ends up winning I will also support C.

SonicDaioh91

[7]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 4
    ALLPR0 wrote:

One question, if we do gamespot don't they have a rt also?

I'm pretty sure we would not be associated with them. If you mean WOTU, they are a bunch of losers who treat guys who are experienced in TV.com's way of doing things as ruthless, douchebaggy morons.

If you're talking about anyone else, please continue.

JandSman

[8]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 32
    @ Allpro, there is indeed another Round Table, but we're not in competition with them and we're not going to merge with them. But we're open to any member of this Round Table joining their Round Table or any of their Round Table members joining our Round Table.

spideynerd3

[9]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 29

Gamespot for me as well. JandS already set up the union for it, and I run an RT (Which actually has been getting a good 24 people per PPV) in a Union on Gamespot called WWE & Off Topic Union (WOTU for short). We could also do a TNA RT for people interested in that, I know TNA is a dying show, just like this site, but it can be fun guessing TNA PPVs, because they are often very obvious. My point is, if we join Gamespot, I could try to convince some people from the WOTU to join us, and since it is on the site they like, they might actually stay this time.

The problem with Facebook is people would know us by our real names. I know a few of us already have Facebooks, and we are friends, but some people don't have Facebooks because they don't want their private information getting out to the internet.

As for the other site, I'd probably forget about it, regardless of how much I like the RT.

spideynerd3

[10]Sep 19, 2011

@Sonic: I've actually some what changed the people in the WOTU. I've gotten a lot of them to promo, and they like it. When I took over, after you and JandS left, it was a little crazy at first, but I think I'm at the point where the RT over there is actually kind of fun. I know a few of them might be interested in joining in on what we were doing here, but didn't like the website. Then there are a few others who just wouldn't get us. But as JandS said, we wouldn't be merging with the WOTU, it wouldn't be worth doing.

ALLPR0

[11]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 12

@Sonic yep that's who I was talking about, if they consider us ruthless then I'll take that as a compliment

thedude200512

[12]Sep 19, 2011

I'd rather go to gamespot, since I already have an account there, I'd also wouldn't mind Facebook since I have an account there as well, but whatever the majority is I will support

telvisnostic

[13]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 52

I'm fine with TV.com.

Hurricane1123

[14]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 34
    Also don't worry about being hasty, but we would like to reach a decision by Hell in a Cell, that way we'd be able to move (or not move) the Vengeance Roundtable Build up thread to another site come time for that.

TwistofFate14

[15]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 15
    I say either A or B

qfrodri85

[16]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 27
    I say A or D. I would not like to use Gamespot, but I'm rarely active as it is.

JLe1223

[17]Sep 20, 2011
    So, how are we going to put this in storyline?

Crulex1369

[18]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 26
    I'm fine with either moving to Gamespot or staying on Tv.com. I'd actually prefer GS because they actually don't have as many glitches as Tv.com and it's basically just like Tv.com and Gamefaqs put together. Wrestlecrap sounds too big and I will never join Facebook. EVER. Mostly for the reason Spidey mentioned. I mean, I trust you guys, it's others I'd have a problem with.

And even if we do move to Gamespot and I put the sign-up thread and database there, I can also set up a sign up thread here on Tv.com once we get near the PPV for people who promo maybe once a month or rarely (Q, Telvis, Skins, etc), so that they wouldn't be forced to move to Gamespot if they still want to send their picks in to Tv.com and do their annual "Here's a promo. IMMA WIN FOOLS!" thing. Sounds like a decent compromise to me.

spideynerd3

[19]Sep 20, 2011

Crulex's idea seems reasonable. Keep posting a sign-up/build up thread here on tv.com for the people who rather stay here, while everyone else moves to Gamespot. Gamespot also makes it easier for Crulex when it comes to the picks, because he can just PM everyone in the Union the picks, so they are just right there, in your inbox, waiting for you to respond to.

gamerguy456

[20]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 3

personally i would prefer moving it to gamespot for the following reasons

1. it is less glitchy there

2. some members here already have gamespot accounts such as sonic,jands,spidey,twist,me and im sure a few more

3. jands already has a union set up just incase things got worse here

4. if we are active there will be a good chance new members from the other unions will join and no there will be no competition as some of you such as twist and spidey participate fully in both RT's so there will be no problem between the unions