WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

It's On Like Neckbone!

telvisnostic

[1]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 52

I called it last night.

I'm not sure if it will be in The Chamber (it should), but it's happening.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deadnight-Majin

[2]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 18

Yes that should so be in the chamber! Been having the chamber trios matches for years on the games, would be really cool to see one actually happen.

Crulex1369

[3]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 26
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Yes that should so be in the chamber! Been having the chamber trios matches for years on the games, would be really cool to see one actually happen.

Exactly!

Raccoon1459

[4]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 22
    That match looks official enough to be in the Elimination Chamber.

telvisnostic

[5]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 52

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    I'd have The Ryback be the last one standing to take out Reigns, since he's the power man in the group.

Randyspeeps

[6]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 34

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    I'd have The Ryback be the last one standing to take out Reigns, since he's the power man in the group.

That would make sense, unfortunately that honor will go to Cena.

I personally would love to see the Shield lose this match, because the WWE needs to stop this storyline now!

Edited on 02/05/2013 1:42pm

goldenagenick24

[7]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 17

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I personally would love to see the Shield lose this match, because the WWE needs to stop this storyline now!

Are you kidding? No way! The Shield's story arc may need a little fine tuning, but to end it because aside from the lack of mic time it still is probably the most interesting angle currently in the WWE.

I know that WWE is going to win. It's impossibly they don't. My question is WHAT does them winning prove? Cena is going to the Rock and he's the probably one to get the decisive pin. WWE is ruining the Shield the same way they ruined Nexus (not letting them go over Cena.)

Randyspeeps

[8]Feb 5, 2013
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Are you kidding? No way! The Shield's story arc may need a little fine tuning, but to end it because aside from the lack of mic time it still is probably the most interesting angle currently in the WWE.

I know that WWE is going to win. It's impossibly they don't. My question is WHAT does them winning prove? Cena is going to the Rock and he's the probably one to get the decisive pin. WWE is ruining the Shield the same way they ruined Nexus (not letting them go over Cena.)

There is nothing interesting about this angle. We've had 3 months of stupid crowd entrances for attacks with no swerve or nothing resembling creativity. Stop this angle, before they ruin the careers of three talent superstars.

JLe1223

[9]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 20
    Team Cena should take this victory.

seinfeld111690

[10]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 25
    So are we talking like an Elimination Chamber WarGames match?

goldenagenick24

[11]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 17

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

There is nothing interesting about this angle. We've had 3 months of stupid crowd entrances for attacks with no swerve or nothing resembling creativity. Stop this angle, before they ruin the careers of three talent superstars.
    There are plenty of interesting things:

-Are the Shield justmercenariesfor hire or are they exclusively with Heyman?

-Where does Punk come into all of this? He hasn't been with Heyman and I think he may not even know of this because it could signal a face turn for him.

Also if you end the angle, where do you suppose these new stars go but down? Their last match was top-notch against Kane, D-Bry, and Ryback. Now they're facing the top three faces in the company at the next PPV. If they disband now, they'll just become lost in the shuffle and fallseverelydown the card. BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!

Crulex1369

[12]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 26

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

-Where does Punk come into all of this? He hasn't been with Heyman and I think he may not even know of this because it could signal a face turn for him.

Also if you end the angle, where do you suppose these new stars go but down? Their last match was top-notch against Kane, D-Bry, and Ryback. Now they're facing the top three faces in the company at the next PPV. If they disband now, they'll just become lost in the shuffle and fallseverelydown the card. BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!

While I agree that disbanding now would probably mean the end of two out of the three men's career's in WWE for a while or at least the jobber/low mid-card treatment, the problem is, the WWE doesn't have the ability (or at least hasn't shown it) to take this group and use them for more than random beatdowns.

They have no direction, no swerve or angle, and no direct purpose besides the beatdowns. Do they want to win some titles? Are they just out to make money by being guns for hire for guys like Heyman and Punk? Do they have an issue with Ryback from the past? Are they looking to get full time contracts by destorying everyone? What do they want besides vigilante justice, which has been shown to only be half-true!? That's the point I think Speeps is making. They are an awesome group, with awesome wrestlers, awesome mic skills between all of them, and a sweet theme song. But the one thing they don't have is a continued direction beyond random beatdowns. They are past that phase because they've done it for three months already and they need something more solid.

Edited on 02/06/2013 5:55am

Randyspeeps

[13]Feb 6, 2013
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I didn't say disband the group. I said end the angle.

No they aren't exclusive to Heyman.

Punk knows nothing about it.

Randyspeeps

[14]Feb 6, 2013
    Crulex1369 wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

While I agree that disbanding now would probably mean the end of two out of the three men's career's in WWE for a while or at least the jobber/low mid-card treatment, the problem is, the WWE doesn't have the ability (or at least hasn't shown it) to take this group and use them for more than random beatdowns.

They have no direction, no swerve or angle, and no direct purpose besides the beatdowns. Do they want to win some titles? Are they just out to make money by being guns for hire for guys like Heyman and Punk? Do they have an issue with Ryback from the past? Are they looking to get full time contracts by destorying everyone? What do they want besides vigilante justice, which has been shown to only be half-true!? That's the point I think Speeps is making. They are an awesome group, with awesome wrestlers, awesome mic skills between all of them, and a sweet theme song. But the one thing they don't have is a continued direction beyond random beatdowns. They are past that phase because they've done it for three months already and they need something more solid.

Remember when people said I concur around here? I concur.

JandSman

[15]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 32
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Crulex1369 wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Remember when people said I concur around here? I concur.
    Well I don't agree, I think it's pretty clear what their purpose is, though they haven't ought right said it, you have to infer from all the pieces that make up the storyline.

I believe that Paul Heyman hired The Shield to protect CM Punk and Brad Maddox from being attacked, and anytime they were attacked or near danger or someone appeared to be a threat to Punk, Maddox, or Heyman, The Shield ran out and attacked someone. Because they were being paid to do so, and as they said on Raw, that all the other attacks (excluding when they were going to attack Brad Maddox) were just business i.e. they were just in it for the money. Their random attacks weren't random, if you look back at basically each attack, they relate to CM Punk, Paul Heyman, or Brad Maddox in some way. As they're basically mercenaries just doing the bidding of Heyman. Now whether or not Punk really knew about or how long they can get away with it, that's the only real questions that remained unanswered.