WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

John Cena 5 knuckle shuffle's Ziggler's merchandise?

Randyspeeps

[1]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 34

Wrestlezone wrote:

You may have noticed, Dolph Ziggler isn't wearing pink in his ring attire since John Cena's new "Rise Above Cancer" shirt was released.

WWE Shop has Ziggler's pink shirt marked at 40% off right now.

The article does not say for fact that Cena's new merchandise is leading to the phasing out of Zigglers awesome "It's not showing off, if you back it up shirt." However, the article does allude to it, and the supporting evidence are a little alarming.

Discuss...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 52

It's nothing new.

That happened with Truth and DX with the camo stuff. He actually had to stop wearing it.

Randyspeeps

[3]Sep 18, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

It's nothing new.

That happened with Truth and DX with the camo stuff. He actually had to stop wearing it.

That sucks.I don't like it at all. If WWE's goal is to make money, why would they stop the sale of a highly successful product (Ziggler's shirt. Look in the audience at a WWE event. Ziggler's shirt is everywhere.) to push another? It defies the capitalistic nature of American businesses.

telvisnostic

[4]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 52

I don't like it either. His pink shirt was different. It wasn't the same old basic black.

Bring that shirt back WWE!

Deadnight-Majin

[5]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 18

But...Cena's pink is in support of breast cancer charities, so couldn't they say Dolph's was too? I get Cena being the figurehead of this, but does that really mean that no one else on the roster can, to the point that they actively stop them from wearing pink when they did anyway? Not cool.

Crulex1369

[6]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 26
    It's horrible. For a good cause like Cancer, having two stars with pink shirts isn't going to hurt. It would help a lot, actually. In fact, I know Ziggler is supposed to be a heel, but even bad guys can care about issues. Why not have Ziggler support the fight and say the shirt he wears tells the world how good he is while helping to support the fight? It might be a bit of a tweener thing, but still, not all bad people are pure evil. WWE needs to stop type-casting.

JLe1223

[7]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 20
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

But...Cena's pink is in support of breast cancer charities, so couldn't they say Dolph's was too? I get Cena being the figurehead of this, but does that really mean that no one else on the roster can, to the point that they actively stop them from wearing pink when they did anyway? Not cool.

That's the same thing I was thinking.

Randyspeeps

[8]Sep 19, 2012
    It all comes down to Cena's image. Some people would argue that it's more than that, I disagree. It's as simple as WWE storylines. Cena must be perfect at the risk of the company coming across as petty and ...STUPID!

BTW, Randy Orton has partnered with Susan G. Komen's cause. So has Sheamus, Punk, and a bunch of other superstars, but we're not supposed to know that guys, so keep it hush hush.