WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

March 5, 2012 Monday Night Raw Discussion

Teddy Long is in charge of Raw tonight. What will we see?

Crulex1369

[61]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 26
    Maybe I was wrong about the build-ups. They seem to be picking up a lot since last week. Cena and Rock still feels awkward whenever they're in the same place at the same time, but at least they're picking it up a bit alone. Thank goodness Rock knocked off the Twitter crap. I thought he was getting worse than Cole at it for a while. If Rock and Cena can pull it together when they are in the same place, this WM will have something it hasn't had in a while: All the matches having decent build-up.

If Kong vs. Phoenix gets scrapped for Kelly vs. Eve at Mania, I will throw a sh*t fit. I'm sorry, but I'm not conviced that Kong can't return for Mania if she had no problem being in the Rumble, attacking three grown men during it.

And good for Santino getting the US title.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[62]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 52

Randyspeeps wrote:
    I completely understand your point, but I disagree. When the Rock and Cena aren't in the ring with each other, they're gold. It's electric. Their promo's are solid. When they're in the ring with each other, there's a disconnect. They both lack that fire. I don't believe that should happen. If anything, we should feel the intensity and hate, instead it seems awkward. Perfect example, when Rock was in the ring with Cena, Rock sucked one the mic, and Cena sucked. As soon as Rock left, Cena delivered a solid promo. Why not do that with the Rock in the ring? I understand they legitimately hate each other (I have no idea why) but Stone Cold and Rock hate each other, and every time they stepped in a ring you felt like sh*t was about to hit the fan.

Cena and Rock, you don't get that feeling. Last night was the opportunity for the WWE to get these guys in each others faces, and piss them off. Instead, Cena was wandering, not listening, basically ignoring the Rock. If that was part of the script, it's stupid. Despite if these guys don't like each other, they still need to put on a show.

If it wasn't, shame on you Cena. You got to play the moment. I don't feel the chemistry between these guys. Something is missing. They're delivering great insults that make you laugh, and ooo and awe, but something is missing.

That's why I said they reached the sky. They either took too long and Rock's schedule is too hectic and big for them to get a feel for each other or they bit off more than they could chew.

In the ring in a battle of words, you're supposed to feel it. Though talking for 15 minutes and gratifying each other about their abilities like Hunter & Shawn have done as well as Hunter & Undertaker, something works with them. You feel it. It also has to do with them being around each other for years too.

I think that's why the in ring confrontation of words comes off as something is missing. Rock & John barely talk or see each other due to their both doing different things. Jericho & Punk have it because he probably watches tapes and because they have been in the ring with each other in the past.

Some things just don't work and so far it seems that way with these two.

Wisp955

[63]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 11
    Good thing that there was something added on to the Taker and HHH. It needs all the excitement it can get.

I'm still upset at how the "embrace the hate" storyline ended. What was the point?

I have to agree with that there is a strong disconnect with the Rock and Cena's promos. The promos apart are okay, together it's off. Maybe they just don't work well together.

Randyspeeps

[64]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    I completely understand your point, but I disagree. When the Rock and Cena aren't in the ring with each other, they're gold. It's electric. Their promo's are solid. When they're in the ring with each other, there's a disconnect. They both lack that fire. I don't believe that should happen. If anything, we should feel the intensity and hate, instead it seems awkward. Perfect example, when Rock was in the ring with Cena, Rock sucked one the mic, and Cena sucked. As soon as Rock left, Cena delivered a solid promo. Why not do that with the Rock in the ring? I understand they legitimately hate each other (I have no idea why) but Stone Cold and Rock hate each other, and every time they stepped in a ring you felt like sh*t was about to hit the fan.

Cena and Rock, you don't get that feeling. Last night was the opportunity for the WWE to get these guys in each others faces, and piss them off. Instead, Cena was wandering, not listening, basically ignoring the Rock. If that was part of the script, it's stupid. Despite if these guys don't like each other, they still need to put on a show.

If it wasn't, shame on you Cena. You got to play the moment. I don't feel the chemistry between these guys. Something is missing. They're delivering great insults that make you laugh, and ooo and awe, but something is missing.

That's why I said they reached the sky. They either took too long and Rock's schedule is too hectic and big for them to get a feel for each other or they bit off more than they could chew.

In the ring in a battle of words, you're supposed to feel it. Though talking for 15 minutes and gratifying each other about their abilities like Hunter & Shawn have done as well as Hunter & Undertaker, something works with them. You feel it. It also has to do with them being around each other for years too.

I think that's why the in ring confrontation of words comes off as something is missing. Rock & John barely talk or see each other due to their both doing different things. Jericho & Punk have it because he probably watches tapes and because they have been in the ring with each other in the past.

Some things just don't work and so far it seems that way with these two.

I never thought about it that way. Very interesting. Either way, their match at Wrestlemania is going to be electric, if nothing else, because of the crowd.

telvisnostic

[65]Mar 6, 2012

Wisp955 wrote:
    I'm still upset at how the "embrace the hate" storyline ended. What was the point?
    I honestly have no idea what the point was besides it being a filler.

Randyspeeps

[66]Mar 6, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

Wisp955 wrote:

I thought it was supposed to help Cena with his Rock feud. I was obviously wrong.

telvisnostic

[67]Mar 6, 2012

Crulex1369 wrote:
    If Kong vs. Phoenix gets scrapped for Kelly vs. Eve at Mania, I will throw a sh*t fit. I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced that Kong can't return for Mania if she had no problem being in the Rumble, attacking three grown men during it.

And good for Santino getting the US title.

I am hoping for Phoenix vs Natalya. Or they could go with Eve vs Kelly vs Phoenix vs Natalya since 3 out of those 4 women have issues with her and at least the champ will get on the PPV.

I'm actually happy too for Santino. I think he might make the US Championship fun again and that we will get people that are on Superstars some love on TV against him. Hey, you never know.

Wisp955

[68]Mar 6, 2012
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Wisp955 wrote:

I thought it was supposed to help Cena with his Rock feud. I was obviously wrong.

It seems to be filler now, be it shouldn't be. Hell, I still can't tell whether he embraced the hate or risen above it.

telvisnostic

[69]Mar 6, 2012

Wisp955 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Wisp955 wrote:
    It seems to be filler now, be it shouldn't be. Hell, I still can't tell whether he embraced the hate or risen above it.
    I don't know either, that's why it was so silly for me. Did he cut a promo about it the next night mention Kane at all? I forget.

Wisp955

[70]Mar 7, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

Wisp955 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Wisp955 wrote:
    I don't know either, that's why it was so silly for me. Did he cut a promo about it the next night mention Kane at all? I forget.

I don't think he did. There was so much commotion about Eve being a "hoeski".

Crulex1369

[71]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 26
    Wisp955 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

Wisp955 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Wisp955 wrote:

I don't think he did. There was so much commotion about Eve being a "hoeski".

I'm guessing he rose above it because he didn't kill Kane and take Eve for himself? The thing started out okay, but they drew themselves into a corner with the Ambulance Match being so close to Mania.

Raccoon1459

[72]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 22
    Rock = Ratings

Randyspeeps

[73]Mar 7, 2012

Martyn Nolan at Wrestlezone.com summed up this Rock/Cena feud very well:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/250989-a-british-point-of-view-be-careful-what-you-wish-for

It's a little lenghty, but it's worth the read.

Edited on 03/07/2012 3:39pm

Raccoon1459

[74]Mar 8, 2012
    I don't think this will be the Hulk Hogan/Ultimate Warrior-style match that Martyn has dreamed about.

lightning_kf

[75]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 36

I missed out on Cena's empty arena promo, but I saw everything else. The taped segments were definitely nostalgia Rock overkill and the live segment? FINALLY we got a piece of The Rock when he's being serious. So far, so good........until next week. We go from being serious to concerts? Am I missing something?

And in other news for Raw, HBK's addition to the match feels like a waste. The four guys that are competing for the top titles in my opinion should not have been in tag team matches AGAINST each other or have physical contact until the final week towards WrestleMania. I would say have the challengers for Raw and SmackDown respectively compete against the opposition's champion until I noticed that it would've been face vs face and heel vs heel. So yeah.

Santino Marella winning the United States championship was fun. I've seen a lot of people complain about how Santino should go back to his OVW gimmick and how his current push is like a poor man's John Cena. Yet, everywhere we go when Raw is live, he normally gets the loudest pop out of ALL the guys in the midcard/lower midcard region. Santino is MAD over and the fans in Boston showed it. Sadly, they may have Otunga.......OTUNGA, win the United States championship on Friday to continue their meaningless feud going towards WrestleMania.

Zack coming back is a bit of a surprise. Speaking of surprise, I won't be if the diva's match will be Eve Torres vs Kelly Kelly. Aw heaven help us all. Those two on their own in singles and tag team matches are bad enough. The thought of them being in the same ring facing each OTHER at WRESTLEMANIA? Oye. Women's matches may only last three minutes nowadays, but damn. The thoughts of them stinking up the joint worse than Melina and Ashley in 2007 is a scary thought.

Raw was okay. Not looking forward to the concerts.

telvisnostic

[76]Mar 8, 2012

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    I don't think this will be the Hulk Hogan/Ultimate Warrior-style match that Martyn has dreamed about.
    He's delusional.

Randyspeeps

[77]Mar 8, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    He's delusional.

He made some great points. But that was like dude, what are you smoking.

Raccoon1459

[78]Mar 9, 2012
    I just found out that Rock and Cena will both be singing next week.

Can't wait to hear The Rock sing and play the guitar again!