WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Monday Night Raw 10-31-2011 Discussion

How will you spend your Halloween?

telvisnostic

[61]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 52

qfrodri85 wrote:
    Gotta admit that was a nice DDT from Miz's behalf.
    I would buy that as his finisher and not the Stro...er Skull Crushing Finale.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qfrodri85

[62]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 27
    telvisnostic wrote:

qfrodri85 wrote:

Both Stroke and SCF are stupid finishing moves, regardless of what you think about Jeff Jarrett and The Miz.

Deadnight-Majin

[63]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 18

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Hey, it's the killer from Scream! NOT!!!

There were actually two killers in Scream. One was white and one was black, so it totally would have worked if Miz had dressed up too.

telvisnostic

[64]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 52

qfrodri85 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Both Stroke and SCF are stupid finishing moves, regardless of what you think about Jeff Jarrett and The Miz.
    I always thought the move sucked.

JandSman

[65]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 32
    But seriously where is J.R.?

Deadnight-Majin

[66]Oct 31, 2011

JandSman wrote:
    But seriously where is J.R.?

He got cut from the show because it was running too long. Thankfully. It's a shame he went down to Atlanta for nothing though. Well, he still would have got paid.

ALLPR0

[67]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 12

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Wow, Cena sure needs Dwayne's help to deal with the Miz and Truth.

We can only hope for the Survivor Series match at this point. Somehow I think even if it was Cena and Rock vs a 5 man team they'd manage to win in record time so that they could each hold ten minute promos on each other afterwards.

JLe1223

[68]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 20
    They haven't even announced a Survivor Series match yet. I thought they were at least tell us the teams theis week.

Crulex1369

[69]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 26
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Raccoon1459 wrote:

There were actually two killers in Scream. One was white and one was black, so it totally would have worked if Miz had dressed up too.

You're thinking of Scary Movie. The real Scream had two white killers.

And the Muppets were actually good. I totally called Vickie with Piggie and Sheamus with Beaker. And Cena......really? Really? You want the Rock to be your partner when you can do that to R-Ghostface and Miz on your own? Good luck with realism, bro.

Deadnight-Majin

[70]Nov 1, 2011

Crulex1369 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Raccoon1459 wrote:

Ha, you're right. I forget which one is which.

Hurricane1123

[71]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 34
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Raccoon1459 wrote:

And the Muppets were actually good. I totally called Vickie with Piggie and Sheamus with Beaker. And Cena......really? Really? You want the Rock to be your partner when you can do that to R-Ghostface and Miz on your own? Good luck with realism, bro.
    Yeah seriously why does Cena need help? I mean realistically speaking, Cena is the last person that would need help defeating opponents. I still remember that ultra tag team handicap match he had with Randy Orton back in 2008 where both of them virtually dismantled the entire Raw roster in one match. I still say they need to make it into a 5 on 5 Survivor Series match. I don't know why WWE doesn't do it? Not only does it get more people on the card but the interactions and dynamics alone between all 10 people would be vastly more interesting than just a simple tag team match. Plus the name of the PPV is freaking Survivor Series, so why does WWE not do it?

JakeCpFrato

[72]Nov 6, 2011
    • level: 13

I dont care what anyone has to say.....That Big Show-Del Rio match was AMAZING.

WWinnieF

[74]Nov 29, 2011
    :
    And the Muppets were actually good. I totally called Vickie with Piggie and Sheamus with Beaker.
    Jim Henson NEVER talked down to audiences with his Muppet characters. He made them too human & too timeless, to boot. In fact, the only basis for the Muppet Show crew & even those from the Sesame Street gang (Fraggle Rock is just coming back to the forefront, so it'll be a bit before it gets to the level of its Muppet relatives again, although tomboyish Red & her Muppeteer Karen Prell doing promotional appearances in recent years [see 2008 & 2010] to promote the comeback--including the show's return to television following its release on DVD & a feature film that's been in pre-production for a while now--is a good start) to be looked down upon is for two reasons:

1. The fact that each of them is run by Disney & Sesame Workshop (the Fraggles are still with their founder's company right now), with the former running itself ragged (i.e. playing itself like it's still in prestine condition, even though most hardcore fans of the Mouse House have ignored it ever since Anne Sweeney butchered the TV networks by only showing superficially sugar-coated tweenbopper stuff instead of mixing in classic 'toons, live action shows & documentaries, & films from the vast back catalog alongside such programming--just so there'd be something for everyone--whilst making Walt's alter ego come off like some cheap Dora the Explorer rip-off even despite the success of the shorts of the past or high-ranked games like Kingdom Hearts & Epic Mickey) & the latter relying cheifly on its extensive library , whilst current episodes thrive solely on the over-exposure of a few select characters championed by--to quote Oscar the Grouch--the little red menace, Elmo (I don't personally hate him, but his over-saturation that's overshadowed all other characters & his tendency to speak in a voice akin to Dinosaur's Baby Sinclair whilst referring to himself in the third person [Who does think he is...The Rock?] & running a 15-minute segment that serves little to no edutainment value whatsoever due to being neither really educational or remotely entertaining just rubs me the wrong way).

2. The fact that, for the most part, certain people see the Muppets as just puppets & furthermore, these same generations still see pupppetry in general as something for little children, even despite things like Puppet Up: Unstrung & Unstuffed (a puppet show for grown up using the iconic Muppet style with open-mike suggestions thrown at the performers by a live audience) or Avenue Q (self-explanatory, since the live stage show that seems to merge Muppets with something similar to Broadway show Rent is what first brought revitalization to the Muppet brands indirectly-speaking).

At first, I thought that merging two great icons together might've been bad for both parties, since I don't want WWE to lose what made it good in recent years, but I didn't want the Muppets to be stuck as kiddie fodder, yet thankfully, the exchange came out brilliant & neither franchise was brought down because of it (perhaps it was 'cause many of the studio members within WWE were Muppet fans themselves, but if that's the case, then props to them for giving the Muppets their due respect).

Deadnight-Majin

[75]Nov 29, 2011

WWinnieF wrote:
    :
    And the Muppets were actually good. I totally called Vickie with Piggie and Sheamus with Beaker.
    Jim Henson NEVER talked down to audiences with his Muppet characters. He made them too human & too timeless, to boot. In fact, the only basis for the Muppet Show crew & even those from the Sesame Street gang (Fraggle Rock is just coming back to the forefront, so it'll be a bit before it gets to the level of its Muppet relatives again, although tomboyish Red & her Muppeteer Karen Prell doing promotional appearances in recent years [see 2008 & 2010] to promote the comeback--including the show's return to television following its release on DVD & a feature film that's been in pre-production for a while now--is a good start) to be looked down upon is for two reasons: 1. The fact that each of them is run by Disney & Sesame Workshop (the Fraggles are still with their founder's company right now), with the former running itself ragged (i.e. playing itself like it's still in prestine condition, even though most hardcore fans of the Mouse House have ignored it ever since Anne Sweeney butchered the TV networks by only showing superficially sugar-coated tweenbopper stuff instead of mixing in classic 'toons, live action shows & documentaries, & films from the vast back catalog alongside such programming--just so there'd be something for everyone--whilst making Walt's alter ego come off like some cheap Dora the Explorer rip-off even despite the success of the shorts of the past or high-ranked games like Kingdom Hearts & Epic Mickey) & the latter relying cheifly on its extensive library , whilst current episodes thrive solely on the over-exposure of a few select characters championed by--to quote Oscar the Grouch--the little red menace, Elmo (I don't personally hate him, but his over-saturation that's overshadowed all other characters & his tendency to speak in a voice akin to Dinosaur's Baby Sinclair whilst referring to himself in the third person [Who does think he is...The Rock?] & running a 15-minute segment that serves little to no edutainment value whatsoever due to being neither really educational or remotely entertaining just rubs me the wrong way). 2. The fact that, for the most part, certain people see the Muppets as just puppets & furthermore, these same generations still see pupppetry in general as something for little children, even despite things like Puppet Up: Unstrung & Unstuffed (a puppet show for grown up using the iconic Muppet style with open-mike suggestions thrown at the performers by a live audience) or Avenue Q (self-explanatory, since the live stage show that seems to merge Muppets with something similar to Broadway show Rent is what first brought revitalization to the Muppet brands indirectly-speaking). At first, I thought that merging two great icons together might've been bad for both parties, since I don't want WWE to lose what made it good in recent years, but I didn't want the Muppets to be stuck as kiddie fodder, yet thankfully, the exchange came out brilliant & neither franchise was brought down because of it (perhaps it was 'cause many of the studio members within WWE were Muppet fans themselves, but if that's the case, then props to them for giving the Muppets their due respect).

Wow.

WWinnieF

[76]Nov 29, 2011

:
    Wow.

Yeah. Big time Muppet fan, just as I still enjoy WWE.

Edited on 11/29/2011 5:19pm

Jim856796

[77]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 14
    Even in the "funny recaps" in this site of every installment of Raw aired after this one, Vickie Guerrero is still called terms as "Fatso" and "Super Porky".

Randyspeeps

[78]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 34
    WWinnieF wrote:
    :
    Jim Henson NEVER talked down to audiences with his Muppet characters. He made them too human & too timeless, to boot. In fact, the only basis for the Muppet Show crew & even those from the Sesame Street gang (Fraggle Rock is just coming back to the forefront, so it'll be a bit before it gets to the level of its Muppet relatives again, although tomboyish Red & her Muppeteer Karen Prell doing promotional appearances in recent years [see 2008 & 2010] to promote the comeback--including the show's return to television following its release on DVD & a feature film that's been in pre-production for a while now--is a good start) to be looked down upon is for two reasons:

1. The fact that each of them is run by Disney & Sesame Workshop (the Fraggles are still with their founder's company right now), with the former running itself ragged (i.e. playing itself like it's still in prestine condition, even though most hardcore fans of the Mouse House have ignored it ever since Anne Sweeney butchered the TV networks by only showing superficially sugar-coated tweenbopper stuff instead of mixing in classic 'toons, live action shows & documentaries, & films from the vast back catalog alongside such programming--just so there'd be something for everyone--whilst making Walt's alter ego come off like some cheap Dora the Explorer rip-off even despite the success of the shorts of the past or high-ranked games like Kingdom Hearts & Epic Mickey) & the latter relying cheifly on its extensive library , whilst current episodes thrive solely on the over-exposure of a few select characters championed by--to quote Oscar the Grouch--the little red menace, Elmo (I don't personally hate him, but his over-saturation that's overshadowed all other characters & his tendency to speak in a voice akin to Dinosaur's Baby Sinclair whilst referring to himself in the third person [Who does think he is...The Rock?] & running a 15-minute segment that serves little to no edutainment value whatsoever due to being neither really educational or remotely entertaining just rubs me the wrong way).

2. The fact that, for the most part, certain people see the Muppets as just puppets & furthermore, these same generations still see pupppetry in general as something for little children, even despite things like Puppet Up: Unstrung & Unstuffed (a puppet show for grown up using the iconic Muppet style with open-mike suggestions thrown at the performers by a live audience) or Avenue Q (self-explanatory, since the live stage show that seems to merge Muppets with something similar to Broadway show Rent is what first brought revitalization to the Muppet brands indirectly-speaking).

At first, I thought that merging two great icons together might've been bad for both parties, since I don't want WWE to lose what made it good in recent years, but I didn't want the Muppets to be stuck as kiddie fodder, yet thankfully, the exchange came out brilliant & neither franchise was brought down because of it (perhaps it was 'cause many of the studio members within WWE were Muppet fans themselves, but if that's the case, then props to them for giving the Muppets their due respect).
    ...Welcome Back Winnie.

Raccoon1459

[79]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 22
    WWinnieF wrote:
    :

How insightful.