WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Monday Night Raw 9-24-2012

Randyspeeps

[101]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 34
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    zan4 wrote:
    I really wish they raise the rating wwe isn't a place that ratings show matter kids will always watch it it's the adults who buy the ppv plus if it was ok for me to watch it when I was a kid it should be safe for this gen to watch it

You're forgetting that this is a generation isn't like ours. This gen is full of wimpy kids and dumb adults who think that Looney Tunes shooting each other with guns and Tom and Jerry with Tom smoking cigars are offensive. It won't be safe for this gen to watch higher rated stuff as long as they cry about everything.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

I like how they are replaying the Cena/Punk storyline. This same scenario happened earlier this month.

I've been watching since I can remember, I am on the verge of quitting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deadnight-Majin

[102]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 18

Randyspeeps wrote:
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    zan4 wrote:
    I really wish they raise the rating wwe isn't a place that ratings show matter kids will always watch it it's the adults who buy the ppv plus if it was ok for me to watch it when I was a kid it should be safe for this gen to watch it
    You're forgetting that this is a generation isn't like ours. This gen is full of wimpy kids and dumb adults who think that Looney Tunes shooting each other with guns and Tom and Jerry with Tom smoking cigars are offensive. It won't be safe for this gen to watch higher rated stuff as long as they cry about everything.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I like how they are replaying the Cena/Punk storyline. This same scenario happened earlier this month. I've been watching since I can remember, I am on the verge of quitting.
    At 21, I'd say I'm a bigger wrestling fan than ever before, but I've watched a lot less WWE this year than years previously. The Rumble was the first one I watched since Summerslam, and I haven't watched another one since Over The Limit (though I did check out the Jericho/Ziggler match from this year's Summerslam, and I'll watch Trips vs Brock eventually). I don't watch any of the weekly shows, and the last time I did was Raw 1000. As some of you well know, Japan and the American indys are where my interests lie these days, with Dragon Gate being my favourite promotion, the one that I watch every show from (and on the indy side of things, PWG is the one I'd recommend).

I agree that "PG" and the attempts at being child friendly do harm the WWE product, but the biggest problem for me at the moment is the lack of talent, the roster is far weaker than in the past. I like Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Ryback, CM Punk, John Cena and Kofi Kingston. And that's about it. Even with these guys, Orton hasn't been given much interesting to do lately, Punk and Cena are stale, Kofi is wasted, so Ryback and Bryan are the only ones doing things that feel fresh and somewhat exciting. Of course, better booking would bring out more in the other wrestlerssuperstars, but I still don't see "it" in any of them (no matter how much people rave about Dolph, I still don't see him as having the potential to be anything other than a solid upper mid carder). All that said, there is a lot of promising talent in developmental at the moment, from the indy darlings like Kassius "Chris Hero" Ohno, Dean "Jon Moxley" Ambrose and Seth "Tyler Black" Rollins to the likes of Husky Harris, who is now repackaged as the excellent Bray Wyatt, so there is still hope for the future of the promotion.

JLe1223

[103]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 20
    Part of the problem of the lack of talent in the WWE, is that the WWE for whatever reason decides to not push the stars they have now. People like Kofi Kingston could be huge for them, but he's serving as a talent enhancment.

Randyspeeps

[104]Sep 30, 2012
    JLe1223 wrote:
    Part of the problem of the lack of talent in the WWE, is that the WWE for whatever reason decides to not push the stars they have now. People like Kofi Kingston could be huge for them, but he's serving as a talent enhancment.
    I don't get it. Their inability...refusal to push superstar is just stupid. I assume they don't want too many top talent in the company (more emphasis on Cena), but when the WWE was successful, they were loaded with top stars. Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, The Undertaker, Kane, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, (can't include Edge, he was a midcarder at the time) the list can keep going. These guys were around at the same time, and the reward was fresh storylines, and new match ups.

This day and age and new MO seems to be, we don't want to many top guys. Lets focus on a couple, and we'll only push a superstar if we have to.

With that mentality the WWE has run into some problems. 1.Stale product. 2. Stale product. 3. Stale Product. I'm still waiting for a brand new creative concept. This creative staff seems to be tapped out of ideas, or Vince's micromanagement has sucked the life out of them. I've yet to see something new within the last year. I keep getting re-hased storylines from 2006, and supposed to be cutting edge promos from 2002. It's like going home to eat dinner after a long day, only to be told that you have to eat last months tuna. Not fun.

Whatever it may be, the WWE is becoming dead to me.

Raccoon1459

[105]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 22
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    JLe1223 wrote:
    I don't get it. Their inability...refusal to push superstar is just stupid. I assume they don't want too many top talent in the company (more emphasis on Cena), but when the WWE was successful, they were loaded with top stars. Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, The Undertaker, Kane, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, (can't include Edge, he was a midcarder at the time) the list can keep going. These guys were around at the same time, and the reward was fresh storylines, and new match ups.

This day and age and new MO seems to be, we don't want to many top guys. Lets focus on a couple, and we'll only push a superstar if we have to.

With that mentality the WWE has run into some problems. 1.Stale product. 2. Stale product. 3. Stale Product. I'm still waiting for a brand new creative concept. This creative staff seems to be tapped out of ideas, or Vince's micromanagement has sucked the life out of them. I've yet to see something new within the last year. I keep getting re-hased storylines from 2006, and supposed to be cutting edge promos from 2002. It's like going home to eat dinner after a long day, only to be told that you have to eat last months tuna. Not fun.

Yet somehow, we can't stop watching WWE television. Hmm.

JakeCpFrato

[106]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 13
    .....Am I the only guy who likes Ryback?

Raccoon1459

[107]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 22
    Nope.

Deadnight-Majin

[108]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 18

You're not alone, Ryback is awesome.

telvisnostic

[109]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 52

JakeCpFrato wrote:
    .....Am I the only guy who likes Ryback?
    Hell no, Ryback rocks!

Crulex1369

[110]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 26
    FEED ME MOAARRRR!!! DONE!

Randyspeeps

[111]Sep 30, 2012
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    JLe1223 wrote:

Yet somehow, we can't stop watching WWE television. Hmm.
    Speak for yourself sir

goldenagenick24

[112]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 17

Ryback is stiff, has no depth, and has only made me want to change the channel. Maybe I'm just bitter because I also nearly had a brain aneurysm trying to figure out why people liked Goldberg.

As a side note to Speeps, I think the company has been getting more and more interesting in the past year. From the tag division to longer title reigns to some of the awesome matches we've seen this year I'd say things are finally starting to heat up.