WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Monday Night Raw October 10, 2011 Discussion Thread

SkinsFan2189

[41]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 16
    When John Laurinaitis speaks, I just tend to tune out. I think he has the worst mic skills of anyone to ever appear on Monday Night Raw.

PLEASE tell me he isn't going to be the Interim GM for long.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[42]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 22
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to get used to John Laurinaitis running the show.

slick14805

[43]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 19
    Looks like it'll be Triple H & CM Punk VS. Miz & R-Truth at Vengeance. Good ending to a weird show.

telvisnostic

[45]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 52

I liked this show and that usually means the pundits on other sites that are insiders will most likely hate it.

Randyspeeps

[46]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 34
    enervator wrote:

Hey, Cena's got another movie coming out that no one's going to watch. Time for him to start talking about how he'd never leave the WWE to go Hollywood.

I think the WWE created their own movie division, so John Cena would leave them like the Rock did.

Randyspeeps

[47]Oct 10, 2011
    ^Wouldnt*

qfrodri85

[48]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 27
    telvisnostic wrote:

I liked this show and that usually means the pundits on other sites that are insiders will most likely hate it.

So Raw was similar to Impact tonight?

Didn't watch (family-related stuff for tonight), but I think from the people that I know from other forums, I may already know their reactions.

camatzotz

[49]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 63
    It amazes me that after all these years, Johnny Backstab has less charisma than David Otunga.

telvisnostic

[50]Oct 11, 2011

qfrodri85 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    So Raw was similar to Impact tonight? Didn't watch (family-related stuff for tonight), but I think from the people that I know from other forums, I may already know their reactions.
    Good one.

slick14805

[51]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 19
    camatzotz wrote:
    It amazes me that after all these years, Johnny Backstab has less charisma than David Otunga.

I agree!

lightning_kf

[52]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 36
    enervator wrote:

Hey, Cena's got another movie coming out that no one's going to watch. Time for him to start talking about how he'd never leave the WWE to go Hollywood.

And how his spot in the main event for the upcoming PPV (and possible 11th WWE title reign) is just their way of promoting that movie.

Deadnight-Majin

[53]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 18

telvisnostic wrote:
    Haha, it received a scathing review on .net

I watched a bit of it. It was fun until they reinstated everyone. They could have at least waited until near the end of the show.

camatzotz wrote:

He makes Otunga look like the Rock.

telvisnostic

[54]Oct 11, 2011

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I knew it. It always happens, always. Just like with shows that I despise, people adore.

:
    I watched a bit of it. It was fun until they reinstated everyone. They could have at least waited until near the end of the show.
    That would have been a nice cliffhanger or even firing Hunter at the end would have been good too.

enervator

[55]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 38

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Problem is, they really wrote themselves into a corner by having such a select few people stay loyal to Hunter and be made out to be the good guys in this. Okay, so they gave us Cena vs. Sheamus. Were they going to wrestle for two hours? I guess they could have added Hunter vs. Punk, and then had the four guys switch opponents. The only thing after that would be a tag team match, and again, I guess they could stretch that to another match by switching partners. Could they fill a two hour show with that? I doubt it. Even if they'd had just a few more guys stay loyal to Hunter, they could have tried to convince us for at least an hour that this was going to be the state of affairs for the WWE.

Deadnight-Majin

[56]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 18

enervator wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:

Problem is, they really wrote themselves into a corner by having such a select few people stay loyal to Hunter and be made out to be the good guys in this. Okay, so they gave us Cena vs. Sheamus. Were they going to wrestle for two hours? I guess they could have added Hunter vs. Punk, and then had the four guys switch opponents. The only thing after that would be a tag team match, and again, I guess they could stretch that to another match by switching partners. Could they fill a two hour show with that? I doubt it. Even if they'd had just a few more guys stay loyal to Hunter, they could have tried to convince us for at least an hour that this was going to be the state of affairs for the WWE.

Fair point. Well, maybe the could have done it for an hour. It just seemed like they had this big chaotic angle at the start of the show, then immediately killed it.

enervator

[57]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 38

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Fair point. Well, maybe the could have done it for an hour. It just seemed like they had this big chaotic angle at the start of the show, then immediately killed it.

Oh, I fully agree. WWE is in the habit of starting storylines that seem like they're going to be really meaty and long-term, and then it turns out that you blink and miss them.

Honestly, I think that if they could have gotten away with it, they would have had Cena be the only good guy who stuck with the company. Probably the only reason they didn't was because they realized they needed at least a handful of people for it to be even slightly believable.

Hurricane1123

[58]Oct 12, 2011
    enervator wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Oh, I fully agree. WWE is in the habit of starting storylines that seem like they're going to be really meaty and long-term, and then it turns out that you blink and miss them.

Honestly, I think that if they could have gotten away with it, they would have had Cena be the only good guy who stuck with the company. Probably the only reason they didn't was because they realized they needed at least a handful of people for it to be even slightly believable.

Yeah, not to mention they have a PPV coming up in a week and a half and having only four people on the roster doesn't exactly equal buyrates. Even if Smackdown was fair game for all the superstars to show up on that still wouldn't have been enough. I think Miz/Truth coming back was anticlimactic though. Hope if we're ever going to find out who were the people responsible for lowering and raising the cage at Hell in a Cell rather than having the story slowly be forgotten.