We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Monday Night Raw - The 20th Anniversary Show

enervator

[161]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 38

Crulex1369 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    It was just another Raw. It hardly felt like a celebration.
    That's all it was. Foley, Flair and a bunch of old days recaps were all that happened to make the show seem special, and it still failed. Even the Rock, who is normally so good, did more to mock Paul Heyman than CM Punk. The WWE didn't even try with that one.

Once upon a time I think Vince's attitude would have been that this was a special show, and therefore he should pull out all the stops to make it as entertaining and memorable as possible. Now I think he figures that people will tune in BECAUSE it's a special show, so why should he even bother trying to do anything exceptional when he's already got a guaranteed audience. I have the same opinion about WrestleMania. Too many people say they'll order WrestleMania just because it's WrestleMania, and therefore has to be a good show, but over the years it's lost its uniqueness and has just become another generic PPV, at least to me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Wisp955

[162]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 11
    JakeCpFrato wrote:
    Im glad I fell asleep half way through this. You guys just helped me realize why I did.

You're not the only one who did that.

Raccoon1459

[163]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 22

Being that the show was in Texas, I was expecting Shawn Michaels to be there, but he never came.

Randyspeeps

[164]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 34
    enervator wrote:

Crulex1369 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    That's all it was. Foley, Flair and a bunch of old days recaps were all that happened to make the show seem special, and it still failed. Even the Rock, who is normally so good, did more to mock Paul Heyman than CM Punk. The WWE didn't even try with that one.

Once upon a time I think Vince's attitude would have been that this was a special show, and therefore he should pull out all the stops to make it as entertaining and memorable as possible. Now I think he figures that people will tune in BECAUSE it's a special show, so why should he even bother trying to do anything exceptional when he's already got a guaranteed audience. I have the same opinion about WrestleMania. Too many people say they'll order WrestleMania just because it's WrestleMania, and therefore has to be a good show, but over the years it's lost its uniqueness and has just become another generic PPV, at least to me.

Exactly. I guess it's fair to say Vince has either become lazy or moronic. I think it may be both.

JLe1223

[165]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 20
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    enervator wrote:

Crulex1369 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:

Exactly. I guess it's fair to say Vince has either become lazy or moronic. I think it may be both.

I believe it's, I guess due to old age and lack of competition.

telvisnostic

[166]Jan 15, 2013
    • level: 52

JLe1223 wrote:
    lack of competition.
    This true 100 times.

kcs_niagara_usa

[167]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 8

with 166 +posts and menot having the time

to read them all....lol apologies if this was already said...

...the first dozen or so posts here were building up to the 20th anniversary ep.

And the last page was saying what a let down...and I would agree...

but here is why I was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTEd.... not too long ago,

Episode 1000 came along and shocked the system. it got the usual

10 day presskit prior to airing so I set..my dvr .....

as I can fast forward thru the current stuff but get to the 10:17pm moment

and be floored they, yes they actually did that or had ______so and so return...

well, from what i remember as i thought it started at 9 lol and thats when I manually

set my dvr, lol...i missed dx/rewatched it online...but, did have a few WOW moments

during the 1000th .......soooo my expectations on the 20th ep...

were set sooo high - an awesome show was what I was expecting...and id only

had three whoa moments It would have been just alright..

sadly, take away the few flashbacks, and one or two somewhat interesting

few minutes...it was just another episode...

maybe Vince ....errrr Mr McMahon wants to fuel the story and keep the

show moving forward....

Okay Fine...but then dont hype it up as a 20 year show in the making...

instead it was a show that has been making a weekly episodes for 20 years

overall grade

D -

/ simply for the fact, thought and expected it was going to be on par

with the 1ooo th ep..and have more wow moments.