Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Official Wrestlemania 28 Discussion Thread

telvisnostic

[81]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 52

ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Hahha now that's some good comedy bro. Doubt there would be any problems if cena actually did the right thing and went over to heel side of things even if for short while....but no they just have to keep milking that silly character to no end.
    It would be very interesting if this were true. It's also a way to keep the talk about the match alive.
    How is this interesting? I mean to chatter peoples dreams of actually killing this match? They won't do it though. To much money are on the table here.
    It's interesting because they announced it literally a year early and to can it now, it's interesting. And a lot of people don't want to see this match happen at all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JandSman

[82]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 32
    telvisnostic wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Hahha now that's some good comedy bro. Doubt there would be any problems if cena actually did the right thing and went over to heel side of things even if for short while....but no they just have to keep milking that silly character to no end.
    It would be very interesting if this were true. It's also a way to keep the talk about the match alive.
    How is this interesting? I mean to chatter peoples dreams of actually killing this match? They won't do it though. To much money are on the table here.
    It's interesting because they announced it literally a year early and to can it now, it's interesting. And a lot of people don't want to see this match happen at all.

Really i haven't heard to many people say they didn't want to see this match, and i don't know why people wouldn't want to see this match. It's One of the Best of the Attitude Era vs One of the Best of Today, two eras collide and i think those are my favorite matches. I'm more worried about the match results, because with Hogan vs Rock happening 10 years before Cena vs Rock, there could be alot of similarities. It could play out the exact same way with the Young Guy going over and then shaking hands after the match. But that will draw some criticism for being to similar to Rock vs Hogan. But i definitely don't think that Rock should win because that doesn't make any sense booking wise for WWE's future.

And here is an idea to keep the thread alive, after Summerslam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble. We give our predictions for what the card will be at least one know one match that will be right.

qfrodri85

[83]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 27
    telvisnostic wrote:

Rumor or not, you make the call.

WrestlingNewssourse wrote:
    While the headline itself is shocking, it's only a preview of the current state meant for the proposed WrestleMania 28 Main Event between former WWE Champion The Rock and Interim WWE Champion John Cena that's scheduled to happen April 1st, 2012 in Miami, Florida. Dave Meltzer, editor of the Wrestling Observer, has stated that a very influential voice within Titan Towers has called for this match to be scrapped, for the reasoning that it is counterproductive to the new direction that WWE is going forward with.

Another reason is that this influential voice doesn't want Cena to be treated as a heel when that voice is setting Cena up for a babyface status once more. The finish was also brought up by Meltzer, with the obvious scenario being that Rock puts Cena over. Sadly, Meltzer didn't provide a name on who was this "influential voice" at Titan Towers.

"once more"?

ice_edge

[84]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 13
    telvisnostic wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    How is this interesting? I mean to shatter peoples dreams of actually killing this match? They won't do it though. To much money are on the table here.

And yet many of them do. I want to so Cee this match. As long as Dwayne Johnson actually does show up live each week before the final showdown I would not have any problems with this match. It would sure boost the ratings. Business wise it's a good idea and there is all that I have to say about that. Anyways I'm not really worrying for Rock loosing. Sometimes you just have to see at the bigger picture. I have no doubt that he will try to put up an electrifying match and do whats best for the business.

It's not like Cena winning would mean destroying Rocks credibility. The Rock can rip him apart 10 times better(on the mic) so I don't see how that would be any problem. It's still just a match.

I mean this is not like Undertakers WM streak kinda match here.

GoofyGoober88

[85]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 16
    ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    How is this interesting? I mean to shatter peoples dreams of actually killing this match? They won't do it though. To much money are on the table here.

And yet many of them do. I want to so Cee this match. As long as Dwayne Johnson actually does show up live each week before the final showdown I would not have any problems with this match. It would sure boost the ratings. Business wise it's a good idea and there is all that I have to say about that. Anyways I'm not really worrying for Rock loosing. Sometimes you just have to see at the bigger picture. I have no doubt that he will try to put up an electrifying match and do whats best for the business.

It's not like Cena winning would mean destroying Rocks credibility. The Rock can rip him apart 10 times better(on the mic) so I don't see how that would be any problem. It's still just a match.

I mean this is not like Undertakers WM streak kinda match here.

If Cena beats the Rock it will be called the worst WM ever by most people regardless if it turn out to be a great show or not.

ice_edge

[86]Aug 5, 2011

GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

ice_edge wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:

And yet many of them do. I want to so Cee this match. As long as Dwayne Johnson actually does show up live each week before the final showdown I would not have any problems with this match. It would sure boost the ratings. Business wise it's a good idea and there is all that I have to say about that. Anyways I'm not really worrying for Rock loosing. Sometimes you just have to see at the bigger picture. I have no doubt that he will try to put up an electrifying match and do whats best for the business. It's not like Cena winning would mean destroying Rocks credibility. The Rock can rip him apart 10 times better(on the mic) so I don't see how that would be any problem. It's still just a match. I mean this is not like Undertakers WM streak kinda match here.
    If Cena beats the Rock it will be called the worst WM ever by most people regardless if it turn out to be a great show or not.
    Well don't worry people will always have something to b!*ch about. Good thing is you know that you don't have to if you can see a bigger picture.

Edited on 08/05/2011 5:03am

telvisnostic

[87]Aug 5, 2011

JandSman wrote:
    Really i haven't heard to many people say they didn't want to see this match, and i don't know why people wouldn't want to see this match. It's One of the Best of the Attitude Era vs One of the Best of Today, two eras collide and i think those are my favorite matches. I'm more worried about the match results, because with Hogan vs Rock happening 10 years before Cena vs Rock, there could be alot of similarities. It could play out the exact same way with the Young Guy going over and then shaking hands after the match. But that will draw some criticism for being to similar to Rock vs Hogan. But i definitely don't think that Rock should win because that doesn't make any sense booking wise for WWE's future. And here is an idea to keep the thread alive, after Summerslam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble. We give our predictions for what the card will be at least one know one match that will be right.
    There are a lot of people on other sites that don't want to see this happen at all. People also want him to lose. There really is no reason for him to win though. And he's only 5 years older than John, so it's not old vs young. I'm not afraid to admit that the Hogan/Rock match was pretty good as was the one against Randy and Shawn. Hogan wasn't even a full time wrestler and he was injured in the one against Randy.

I like your idea about the predictions.

telvisnostic

[88]Aug 5, 2011

qfrodri85 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Rumor or not, you make the call.
    WrestlingNewssourse wrote:
    While the headline itself is shocking, it's only a preview of the current state meant for the proposed WrestleMania 28 Main Event between former WWE Champion The Rock and Interim WWE Champion John Cena that's scheduled to happen April 1st, 2012 in Miami, Florida. Dave Meltzer, editor of the Wrestling Observer, has stated that a very influential voice within Titan Towers has called for this match to be scrapped, for the reasoning that it is counterproductive to the new direction that WWE is going forward with.

Another reason is that this influential voice doesn't want Cena to be treated as a heel when that voice is setting Cena up for a babyface status once more. The finish was also brought up by Meltzer, with the obvious scenario being that Rock puts Cena over. Sadly, Meltzer didn't provide a name on who was this "influential voice" at Titan Towers.

"once more"?
    edit: I saw that part and I don't get it either.

Edited on 08/05/2011 5:47pm

Deadnight-Majin

[89]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 18

I think the people who don't want Rock/Cena to happen are definitely in the minority. A pretty small minority at that.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Rock winning would be stupid.

TwistofFate14

[90]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 15
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I think the people who don't want Rock/Cena to happen are definitely in the minority. A pretty small minority at that.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Rock winning would be stupid.

Agreed. I think this is a passing of the torch match.

JandSman

[91]Aug 5, 2011
    telvisnostic wrote:

JandSman wrote:
    Really i haven't heard to many people say they didn't want to see this match, and i don't know why people wouldn't want to see this match. It's One of the Best of the Attitude Era vs One of the Best of Today, two eras collide and i think those are my favorite matches. I'm more worried about the match results, because with Hogan vs Rock happening 10 years before Cena vs Rock, there could be alot of similarities. It could play out the exact same way with the Young Guy going over and then shaking hands after the match. But that will draw some criticism for being to similar to Rock vs Hogan. But i definitely don't think that Rock should win because that doesn't make any sense booking wise for WWE's future. And here is an idea to keep the thread alive, after Summerslam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble. We give our predictions for what the card will be at least one know one match that will be right.
    There are a lot of people on other sites that don't want to see this happen at all. People also want him to lose. There really is no reason for him to win though. And he's only 5 years older than John, so it's not old vs young. I'm not afraid to admit that the Hogan/Rock match was pretty good as was the one against Randy and Shawn. Hogan wasn't even a full time wrestler and he was injured in the one against Randy.

I like your idea about the predictions.

I know they're close in age but i mean like not old vs young but Old Generation vs New Generation. I also think that Cena can get something out of this that Rock can't, Cena needs a Wrestlemania moment. He has had great wrestlemania moments but not legendary like Shawn Michaels Splash at WM X in the Ladder Match, or Austin winning the WWF Title for the first time, or Rock beating Hulk Hogan at WM 18. And i think Cena beating Rock at WM 28 could finally give him that Legendary Wrestlemania moment that he deserves.

ice_edge

[92]Aug 5, 2011
    Well he did have lots of legendary moments. John is like walking leech of getting his Mania moments. Actually I care more about the build up and the match itself more than the outcome of it.

goldenagenick24

[93]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 17

I'm really starting to wish that The Rock were facing CM Punk. Hopefully they at least they have a promo together on the road to Wrestlemania.

ice_edge

[94]Aug 5, 2011
    I really hope for a promo as well.

telvisnostic

[95]Aug 5, 2011

goldenagenick24 wrote:
    I'm really starting to wish that The Rock were facing CM Punk. Hopefully they at least they have a promo together on the road to Wrestlemania.
    I think that could happen. The promo part that is.

Deadnight-Majin

[96]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 18

JandSman wrote:
    Cena needs a Wrestlemania moment. He has had great wrestlemania moments but not legendary like Shawn Michaels Splash at WM X in the Ladder Match, or Austin winning the WWF Title for the first time, or Rock beating Hulk Hogan at WM 18. And i think Cena beating Rock at WM 28 could finally give him that Legendary Wrestlemania moment that he deserves.
    Does Cena's first world title win not qualify?

ice_edge

[97]Aug 5, 2011
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

JandSman wrote:
    Cena needs a Wrestlemania moment. He has had great wrestlemania moments but not legendary like Shawn Michaels Splash at WM X in the Ladder Match, or Austin winning the WWF Title for the first time, or Rock beating Hulk Hogan at WM 18. And i think Cena beating Rock at WM 28 could finally give him that Legendary Wrestlemania moment that he deserves.

Or him facing HBK at Mania?

TwistofFate14

[98]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 15
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

JandSman wrote:

Or him making HHH tap out in Chicago @ 22?

JandSman

[99]Aug 5, 2011
    TwistofFate14 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

JandSman wrote:

Or him making HHH tap out in Chicago @ 22?
    his matches at WM 21 was lackluster so i don't think it's a legendary Wrestlemania Moment. His matches at WM 22 and 23 were great and memorable but not legendary like Austin vs Bret WM 13 or Hogan Slamming Andre or HBK winning his first WWF Championship.

JakeCpFrato

[100]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 12
    Dude, Cena vs. HBK was enough for him.