WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Official WWE Money In The Bank 2011 Discussion Thread

JandSman

[221]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    Yeah i definitely think that Dave Meltzer is biased, this match did deserve 5 stars but so did Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker at WM 25 and Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle at WM 21 deserved a 5 star rating too. But it does get me upset that Meltzer never gives matches like Austin vs Rock at WM 17 or Jericho vs HBK at No Mercy 2008 or The Rock vs Hulk Hogan at WM 18 these 5 star ratings. But he gives so many Japanese matches 5 star ratings when they don't deserve it. It seems that he is biased to a certain style of wrestling which isn't really fair.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ice_edge

[222]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    Still can't see why he gave that match a 5ver. But to each their own I guess. We should have more high profiled journalist like him giving scores on wrestling to have some kinda options. never bad to have a few peoples opinions aside your own I think.

Hurricane1123

[223]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 34

Star ratings are subjective though, everyone always has a different opinion on every match and will nitpick about even a quarter of a star just to nitpick. Was it a perfect match? No! However I did feel like it was a big time match. The atmosphere, the storyline, the big match feel, it was all there. Even without all that stuff, the match was still great but just not flawless. I think this is definitely a worthy match of the year candidate though with its only competition in the WWE being Undertaker vs. Triple H, but even that Wrestlemania match had its flaws so we shall see.

Edited on 07/27/2011 4:51pm

Deadnight-Majin

[224]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 18

JandSman wrote:
    Yeah i definitely think that Dave Meltzer is biased, this match did deserve 5 stars but so did Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker at WM 25 and Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle at WM 21 deserved a 5 star rating too. But it does get me upset that Meltzer never gives matches like Austin vs Rock at WM 17 or Jericho vs HBK at No Mercy 2008 or The Rock vs Hulk Hogan at WM 18 these 5 star ratings. But he gives so many Japanese matches 5 star ratings when they don't deserve it. It seems that he is biased to a certain style of wrestling which isn't really fair.
    Personally, I wouldn't award HBK vs Taker from Mania 25 with 5 stars, but I would probably give their Mania 26 bout that rating.

I've never seen Mania 21, so I can't comment.

I think Austin/Rock from X7 is the most overrated match in history. Watch it again. All the weapon shots are ridiculously fake, and Austin doesn't even take clotheslines properly in it.

The Jericho/HBK and Rock/Hogan matches were awesome, but not quite 5 stars in my opinion.

Also, I would bet my house that you haven't seen any of the Japanese matches you claim don't deserve these ratings.

By the way, I would give Punk/Cena 5 stars.

JandSman

[225]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 32
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

JandSman wrote:
    Personally, I wouldn't award HBK vs Taker from Mania 25 with 5 stars, but I would probably give their Mania 26 bout that rating.

I've never seen Mania 21, so I can't comment.

I think Austin/Rock from X7 is the most overrated match in history. Watch it again. All the weapon shots are ridiculously fake, and Austin doesn't even take clotheslines properly in it.

The Jericho/HBK and Rock/Hogan matches were awesome, but not quite 5 stars in my opinion.

Also, I would bet my house that you haven't seen any of the Japanese matches you claim don't deserve these ratings.

By the way, I would give Punk/Cena 5 stars.

I actually did rewatch Austin vs Rock recently and i still thought it was good, but i see your point, and after rethinking it over i wouldn't give it a 5 stars because of the finish, i think the match should have ended with a Stunner.

And actually i have watched a few of them, not to many to brag about but some of the matches that are on his list deserve 5 stars while other matches on there didn't. But that is just from the matches that i saw.

ice_edge

[226]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 13
    Would definitely give HBK 1 and 2 a 5ver no doubt. Both where just awesome. As far as being subjective. Yes it is but so are all the score giving on anything out there. In the end you have to make up your own damn mind.