WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

PPV Buyrates Thread

Hurricane1123

[1]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 34

So is TNA ready to be competition for the WWE, a good indicator is by looking at PPV buys from both companies.

November 2006

Genesis - 60000

Cyber Sunday - 228000

Survivor Series - 395000

December 2006

Turning Point - 35000

December to Dismember - 90000

Armageddon - 239000

January 2007

Final Resolution - 34000

New Year's Revolution - 220000

Royal Rumble - 500000

February 2007

Against All Odds - 23000

No Way Out - 218000

March 2007

Destination X - 36000

April 2007

Lockdown - 35000

Wrestlemania - 1188000

Backlash - 194000

May 2007

Sacrifice - 21000

Judgement Day - 242000

June 2007

Slammiversary - 22000

One Night Stand - 186000

Vengeance - 243000

July 2007

Victory Road - 15000

Great American Bash - 229000

August 2007

Hard Justice - 26000

Summerslam - 558000

September 2007

No Surrender - 17000

Unforgiven - 210000

October 2007

Bound for Glory - 36000

No Mercy - 270000

Cyber Sunday - 195000

November 2007

Genesis - 27000

Survivor Series - 340000

It may not seem fair to compare the two companies just yet, but if TNA wants to become the true alternative, they're going to have to step up their PPV Buyrates.

Edited on 05/06/2008 2:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lightning_kf

[2]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 36

To be fair, comparing TNA's PPV buyrates to the WWE's would be a complete, bloody massacre. One you might see in a Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers or Freddy Kruegger movie too. Right now I don't even consider TNA as an alternative to the WWE......YET. Promotions can improve, bit with buyrates like these, wow. Hell, no wonder the WWE doesn't give them any notice. Not being a prick or nothing, but hey, Vince McMahon would probably laugh till he pisses himself at these buyrates. Especially from a small minority of TNA's fanbase overhype the company like it's the future of pro-wrestling..........or maybe it's because they feel bitter at the WWE for rejecting them as Attitude Era fans so that they could cater to new fans, which is how a business works mind you. Seriously, don't compare TNA to WWE, cause they'd get slaughtered.

If anything, compare TNA to ROH's buyrates (if they come out at least), cause TNA's competition ain't the WWE. It's ROH. ROH, to me, is the true alternative to the WWE. Hell, any promotion that isn't shown on television is an alternative. I believe people overhype TNA as an alternative, much like a certain internet couple in Bill and Doug, simply because it's the closest wrestling promotion out there on cable television.

Why do I say to compare TNA and ROH? They both started around the same year, months before each other. While one rushed to their TV deal and are drawing poor numbers, the other is selling and doing very well for themselves too. The other reason as to why I say ROH, is because people use the same excuse (oh TNA is just a small company, they're still growing). Uh-huh, yet a promotion that people love to bash because it doesn't have a TV deal is doing a lot better than one that HAS a TV deal.

Sorry. Not buying that at all, and that's all I have to say about that.

atanner

[3]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    lightning_kf wrote:

To be fair, comparing TNA's PPV buyrates to the WWE's would be a complete, bloody massacre. One you might see in a Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers or Freddy Kruegger movie too. Right now I don't even consider TNA as an alternative to the WWE......YET. Promotions can improve, bit with buyrates like these, wow. Hell, no wonder the WWE doesn't give them any notice. Not being a prick or nothing, but hey, Vince McMahon would probably laugh till he pisses himself at these buyrates. Especially from a small minority of TNA's fanbase overhype the company like it's the future of pro-wrestling..........or maybe it's because they feel bitter at the WWE for rejecting them as Attitude Era fans so that they could cater to new fans, which is how a business works mind you. Seriously, don't compare TNA to WWE, cause they'd get slaughtered.

If anything, compare TNA to ROH's buyrates (if they come out at least), cause TNA's competition ain't the WWE. It's ROH. ROH, to me, is the true alternative to the WWE. Hell, any promotion that isn't shown on television is an alternative. I believe people overhype TNA as an alternative, much like a certain internet couple in Bill and Doug, simply because it's the closest wrestling promotion out there on cable television.

Why do I say to compare TNA and ROH? They both started around the same year, months before each other. While one rushed to their TV deal and are drawing poor numbers, the other is selling and doing very well for themselves too. The other reason as to why I say ROH, is because people use the same excuse (oh TNA is just a small company, they're still growing). Uh-huh, yet a promotion that people love to bash because it doesn't have a TV deal is doing a lot better than one that HAS a TV deal.

Which is why to me the worst thing ROH can do is get a TV deal, that may sound dumb but if they get one then they will have to change there product and that is a bad thing. You CAN NOT have a wrestling promotion that is pure wrestling and expect it it be successful on TV( if you don't beleive me got ask Wrestling Society X how there TV deal worked out for them, oh wait you can't because no one cared about them and they were cancelled), sure you will get the loyal fans but when a network sees you're doing a .3 or .4 rating they wont want to keep that program on their channel.

Just look at TNA, they used to have to great wrestling every single week but when people didn't care they had to change it into what it is now, they still have good wrestling but they also attempt to be a sports entertainment promotion as well because that's they only way that people care about what you're trying to sell to them.

Edited on 01/06/2008 5:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

lightning_kf

[4]Jan 6, 2008
    atanner wrote:

Which is why to me the worst thing ROH can do is get a TV deal, that may sound dumb but if they get one then they will have to change there product and that is a bad thing. You CAN NOT have a wrestling promotion that is pure wrestling and expect people to care and to watch every week, sure you will get the loyal fans but when a network sees you're doing a .3 or .4 rating they wont want to keep that program on their channel.

The thing with that statement is, ROH don't want to RUSH a TV deal because they KNOW they'd have to change, which is exactly what they don't want. As soon as a reasonable deal comes to, they'll take it. And that's a deal that doesn't involve them having to change anything.

yooperchild

[5]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 28
    atanner wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

Which is why to me the worst thing ROH can do is get a TV deal, that may sound dumb but if they get one then they will have to change there product and that is a bad thing. You CAN NOT have a wrestling promotion that is pure wrestling and expect it it be successful on TV( if you don't beleive me got ask Wrestling Society X how there TV deal worked out for them, oh wait you can't because no one cared about them and they were cancelled), sure you will get the loyal fans but when a network sees you're doing a .3 or .4 rating they wont want to keep that program on their channel.

Just look at TNA, they used to have to great wrestling every single week but when people didn't care they had to change it into what it is now, they still have good wrestling but they also attempt to be a sports entertainment promotion as well because that's they only way that people care about what you're trying to sell to them.

Wrestling Societ X got canceled for being disgusting violent. They had people throwing fireballs at each and MTV (think about...the channel that has no problem pushing sex, sex and more sex) said it was "too violent".

That being said...I hated WSX....it was terrible.

Never seen any ROH though, even though a lot of people say good things about it.

Edited on 01/06/2008 5:15pm

atanner

[6]Jan 6, 2008
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

Wrestling Societ X got canceled for being disgusting violent. They had people throwing fireballs at each and MTV (think about...the channel that has no problem pushing sex, sex and more sex) said it was "too violent".

I can understand the violence but they could've toned that down if MTV made them too, but they just cancelled it because of poor ratings. I just looked it up and they averaged a .1 rating, that's horrible, not even MTV would want to put up with that.

Edited on 01/06/2008 5:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Randyspeeps

[7]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 34
    atanner wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

WSX was not wrestling it was violence and more violence. The macthes that company has was outrageous it make the old ECW looks like wussies compared to them.

I agree with that second part, a show filled with pure wrestling just doesnt sell, we are at a time where entertainment is more important than the wrestling.

atanner

[8]Jan 6, 2008
    Randyspeeps wrote:

WSX was not wrestling it was violence and more violence. The macthes that company has was outrageous it make the old ECW looks like wussies compared to them.

I guess I was thinking of something else.

telvisnostic

[9]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 52
    yooperchild wrote:

Never seen any ROH though, even though a lot of people say good things about it.

They got cancelled due to low ratings and that fireball incident. How was it disgusting? It was a wrestling show on speed. That's basically what it was for 30 minutes.

And i've seen worse stuff on tv i.e. some Luch de Vuelta I saw today with that Judas Mesias/Cibernetico Dog Collar match.

You have to check out youtube or vsocial and look up ROH and you might like it. It's booked solid and excellent.

Edited on 01/06/2008 6:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

qfrodri85

[10]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 27
    If anything, ROH should get a Cable Channel Deal that won't censor their stuff.

WSX was like TNA on speed, literally. Their wrestling roster were talented (Matt Sydal, Colt Cabana, Teddy Hart, among others), but MTV didn't took it serisouly.

lightning_kf

[11]Jan 6, 2008
    atanner wrote:

Hmm, what do I say about this? Other than what guys like Bischoff, Heyman and Vince McMahon himself have stated: the only way to be an alternative to the WWE, is to BE an alternative. In other words, be something completely different from the WWE, which they were in 2005 until 2006, when they slowly started to be like the WWE, and that's a mistake right there on their part.

yooperchild

[12]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 28
    telvisnostic wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

They got cancelled due to low ratings and that fireball incident. How was it disgusting? It was a wrestling show on speed. That's basically what it was for 30 minutes.

And i've seen worse stuff on tv i.e. some Luch de Vuelta I saw today with that Judas Mesias/Cibernetico Dog Collar match.

You have to check out youtube or vsocial and look up ROH and you might like it. It's booked solid and excellent.

"digusting" was more the MTV quote instead of mine. Like I said, I found it down right hysterical that a channel that pushes nothing but sex can consider anything too over the top. WSX just wasn't my thing personally, I watched it once and it did nothing for me.

Who in particular should I youtube from ROH? Any wrestlers that are really outstanding?

telvisnostic

[13]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 52
    yooperchild wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

"digusting" was more the MTV quote instead of mine. Like I said, I found it down right hysterical that a channel that pushes nothing but sex can consider anything too over the top. WSX just wasn't my thing personally, I watched it once and it did nothing for me.

Who in particular should I youtube from ROH? Any wrestlers that are really outstanding?

I understand now. Look up Kevin Steen, El Generico, Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Caludio Castagnoli, The Briscoes, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong and others...

This is their official site www.rohwrestling.com, full matches all by them www.rohvideos.com

qfrodri85

[14]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 27
    It'll be a little hard to find recent ROH matches on YouTube and Dailymotion. ROH will put small previews on Youtube, but if you're trying to find their PPV matches, that would be a little hard.

That said, give them a chance... if you really like wrestling more than entertainment. Their 4th PPV, Undeniable, airs on January 18th on PPV. $15. Cheap, but good.

GoofyGoober88

[15]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    ROH can also have great Promo's alot of Punks Promo's in ROH were much better then his promo's in WWE

mrking

[16]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 12

Right now i wouldn't buy a TNA PPV with the direction of TNA right now. Luckly they get shown for free over here (just a few days late).

Also the WWE shown around half of their PPV on normal TV.

Right now I not a really big fan of ROH. Most of the matches I hae seen makes the wrestlers look unbeatable. Plus they hae one of the worst tv deals around

Scorpions15

[17]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 11
    TNA won't be competing with WWE any time soon, but they seem to be working their way up.

The problem is they can't afford many mistakes, and based on the last show I just saw.... While the wrestling itself was good and fun to watch, they make the same mistakes WWE makes with promos and how they run their show ect. A perfect example was the air time wasted on waiting for AJ Styles to make a decision who he was going to side with between Angle and Christian, only for him not to make a decision the entire show A stupid mistake that I'm sure irritated some fans.

sylent_asassin

[18]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 26
    Scorpions15 wrote:
    TNA won't be competing with WWE any time soon, but they seem to be working their way up.

The problem is they can't afford many mistakes, and based on the last show I just saw.... While the wrestling itself was good and fun to watch, they make the same mistakes WWE makes with promos and how they run their show ect. A perfect example was the air time wasted on waiting for AJ Styles to make a decision who he was going to side with between Angle and Christian, only for him not to make a decision the entire show A stupid mistake that I'm sure irritated some fans.

It irritated the hell out of me and made me change the channel... and I DVR'ed it. I got tired of forwarding it and just switched channels.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, TNA is lacking that one big star to make it noteworthy. Angle and Booker were the latest, but still not enough to make the casual fan tune in.

seinfeld111690

[19]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 25
    Lets compare the so called, "flagship" PPVs:

Wrestlemania - 1188000

Bound for Glory - 36000

Yeah, TNA is catching up with WWE.

lightning_kf

[20]Jan 7, 2008

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/ecw/ecwppvbr.htm

If you guys thought the PPV buyrates for TNA were bad, compare them to the buyrates of the original ECW. 10 - 11 years old and they pwn the crap out of TNA.

Hurricane, I know you've subscribed to a certain internet couple which I refuse to give any acknowledgement at this time...............

AW DAMN IT, NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, any word from these morons? They've been awfully quiet for the last few months.