WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

PPV Buyrates Thread

  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [21]Jan 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.

    As for Final Resolution, I heard it was decent.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hurricane1123

    Hurricane1123

    [22]Jan 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 11,634
    lightning_kf wrote:

    http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/ecw/ecwppvbr.htm

    If you guys thought the PPV buyrates for TNA were bad, compare them to the buyrates of the original ECW. 10 - 11 years old and they pwn the crap out of TNA.

    Hurricane, I know you've subscribed to a certain internet couple which I refuse to give any acknowledgement at this time...............

    AW DAMN IT, NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

    Anyways, any word from these morons? They've been awfully quiet for the last few months.

    I don't even know why I subscribed to them in the first place but they have been quiet for quite some time.

    As for the ECW numbers, I don't really like to look at buyrates as much as I like to look at buys, because you never know how much a 0.23 really is. In 1985, that 0.23 may be 23 people and in 2008 that 0.23 may be 23000 people. It's hard to tell.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [23]Jan 7, 2008
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982

    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    As for the ECW numbers, I don't really like to look at buyrates as much as I like to look at buys, because you never know how much a 0.23 really is. In 1985, that 0.23 may be 23 people and in 2008 that 0.23 may be 23000 people. It's hard to tell.

    According to the site, a 1.0 is estimated to be over 400 000 households. And with those decimals after I calculated some in my head, heh. they're high over heels when it comes to TNA's buyrates.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hurricane1123

    Hurricane1123

    [24]Jan 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 11,634
    lightning_kf wrote:

    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    As for the ECW numbers, I don't really like to look at buyrates as much as I like to look at buys, because you never know how much a 0.23 really is. In 1985, that 0.23 may be 23 people and in 2008 that 0.23 may be 23000 people. It's hard to tell.

    According to the site, a 1.0 is estimated to be over 400 000 households. And with those decimals after I calculated some in my head, heh. they're high over heels when it comes to TNA's buyrates.

    Yes, but a 1.0 represents 1 percent of all people who are capable of purchasing PPV's. Throughout the 1990's only about 25 Million people had the priviledge of purchasing PPV's compared to today where almost 60 million people have the power to purchase PPVs. A 1.0 today is a lot bigger number than it was back then.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [25]Jan 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.

    As for Final Resolution, I heard it was decent.

    I agree and I heard teh same about FR as well.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrking

    mrking

    [26]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/09/03
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,312

    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least. As for Final Resolution, I heard it was decent.

    FR was rubbish this year.

    Apart from the first match the rest of the PPV of painful to watch.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sylent_asassin

    sylent_asassin

    [27]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 9,402
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.


    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [28]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.


    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.

    Yes, Roxxi's the better wrestler (to find more about her, go look her as Nikki Roxx) among those two. ODB is average/meh to me IMO. But overall, their Women's division isn't doing bad or got screwed yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [29]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.


    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.

    I think OBD is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [30]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.
    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.
    I think OBD is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.
    I think being called 'old and dirty' would negate that.

    Maybe they're late 'Ole Dirty Bastard fans?

    One crazy dude.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [31]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.


    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.

    I think ODB is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [32]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.
    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.
    I think ODB is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.
    Uhh...Okay.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sylent_asassin

    sylent_asassin

    [33]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 9,402
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.


    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.

    I think OBD is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.


    She looks like a female, beer-swigging sasquach. Who'd want to see her undergarments?

    I think the crowd is into her because of her name, specifically what the "B" represents.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of atanner

    atanner

    [34]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 02/08/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 6,657

    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.
    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.
    I think OBD is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.
    She looks like a female, beer-swigging sasquach. Who'd want to see her undergarments? I think the crowd is into her because of her name, specifically what the "B" represents.

    What does ODB stand for, I never really wondered and I don't remember them saying?

    Edited on 01/08/2008 3:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [35]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    ODB (the wrestler) stands for "One Dirty B*tch".

    And yeah, I do remember 'Ole Dirty Bastard. But the wrestler had the ODB name for a good while since OVW.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [36]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only good thing TNA is doing right now is how they handle their Women's Division. Awesome Kong and Gail Kim are pretty damn cool and the crowd is over with them. Other than that, I don't know. They deserve semi-Main Event status, at least.
    What's the big deal about ODB? She has a pretty large fan following. Technically, I find Roxy more impressive.
    I think OBD is popular because the crowd is mostly male, and they get to see her panties.
    She looks like a female, beer-swigging sasquach. Who'd want to see her undergarments? I think the crowd is into her because of her name, specifically what the "B" represents.
    Not trying to be rude but,it is a TNA crowd...meaning when they get to see some panties they'll take the chance because of the rareity that it happens in the company even if she is a Beer-Swigging sasquch.
    Edited on 01/08/2008 4:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [37]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    Even though some TNA marks are kinda annoying, the fans that annoy me the most or seem more dull to me are the WWE ones. I've seen original ECW fans do stuff or start chants, WCW fans could toss garbage in the ring at the nWo, TNA fans were pretty vocal at one point, ROH fans are brutally honest (not all of them, though), Japanese fans are pretty polite and only pop for the big moves... but nowadays the WWE fans are kinda lame, compared to most of those other fans from other companies.

    I still have no favorite wrestling company yet. And so far this year, there's only been 3 very good matches.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [38]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Even though some TNA marks are kinda annoying, the fans that annoy me the most or seem more dull to me are the WWE ones. I've seen original ECW fans do stuff or start chants, WCW fans could toss garbage in the ring at the nWo, TNA fans were pretty vocal at one point, ROH fans are brutally honest (not all of them, though), Japanese fans are pretty polite and only pop for the big moves... but nowadays the WWE fans are kinda lame, compared to most of those other fans from other companies.

    I still have no favorite wrestling company yet. And so far this year, there's only been 3 very good matches.

    True! the WWE crowd does chant Holy Sh-t!. . .sometimes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [39]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Even though some TNA marks are kinda annoying, the fans that annoy me the most or seem more dull to me are the WWE ones. I've seen original ECW fans do stuff or start chants, WCW fans could toss garbage in the ring at the nWo, TNA fans were pretty vocal at one point, ROH fans are brutally honest (not all of them, though), Japanese fans are pretty polite and only pop for the big moves... but nowadays the WWE fans are kinda lame, compared to most of those other fans from other companies.

    I still have no favorite wrestling company yet. And so far this year, there's only been 3 very good matches.

    True! the WWE crowd does chant Holy Sh-t!. . .sometimes.

    Anyone can chant "Holy Sh*t!" for a big spot.

    You've never heard WWE fans chanting "You Can't Wrestle" until the ONS II PPV aired. Even the fans that boo Cena or the casual fans that hate Orton won't chant "sh*thead" at them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [40]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Even though some TNA marks are kinda annoying, the fans that annoy me the most or seem more dull to me are the WWE ones. I've seen original ECW fans do stuff or start chants, WCW fans could toss garbage in the ring at the nWo, TNA fans were pretty vocal at one point, ROH fans are brutally honest (not all of them, though), Japanese fans are pretty polite and only pop for the big moves... but nowadays the WWE fans are kinda lame, compared to most of those other fans from other companies. I still have no favorite wrestling company yet. And so far this year, there's only been 3 very good matches.
    True! the WWE crowd does chant Holy Sh-t!. . .sometimes.
    Anyone can chant "Holy Sh*t!" for a big spot. You've never heard WWE fans chanting "You Can't Wrestle" until the ONS II PPV aired. Even the fans that boo Cena or the casual fans that hate Orton won't chant "sh*thead" at them.
    Where are the Maryland Terrapin basketball fans when you need them?
    Edited on 01/08/2008 4:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.