Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

PPV Buyrates Thread

Randyspeeps

[41]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 34
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Even though some TNA marks are kinda annoying, the fans that annoy me the most or seem more dull to me are the WWE ones. I've seen original ECW fans do stuff or start chants, WCW fans could toss garbage in the ring at the nWo, TNA fans were pretty vocal at one point, ROH fans are brutally honest (not all of them, though), Japanese fans are pretty polite and only pop for the big moves... but nowadays the WWE fans are kinda lame, compared to most of those other fans from other companies.

I still have no favorite wrestling company yet. And so far this year, there's only been 3 very good matches.

True! the WWE crowd does chant Holy Sh-t!. . .sometimes.

Anyone can chant "Holy Sh*t!" for a big spot.

You've never heard WWE fans chanting "You Can't Wrestle" until the ONS II PPV aired. Even the fans that boo Cena or the casual fans that hate Orton won't chant "sh*thead" at them.

You should go to a WWE event and start it, I bet it'll catch on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qfrodri85

[42]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 27
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Even though some TNA marks are kinda annoying, the fans that annoy me the most or seem more dull to me are the WWE ones. I've seen original ECW fans do stuff or start chants, WCW fans could toss garbage in the ring at the nWo, TNA fans were pretty vocal at one point, ROH fans are brutally honest (not all of them, though), Japanese fans are pretty polite and only pop for the big moves... but nowadays the WWE fans are kinda lame, compared to most of those other fans from other companies.

I still have no favorite wrestling company yet. And so far this year, there's only been 3 very good matches.

True! the WWE crowd does chant Holy Sh-t!. . .sometimes.

Anyone can chant "Holy Sh*t!" for a big spot.

You've never heard WWE fans chanting "You Can't Wrestle" until the ONS II PPV aired. Even the fans that boo Cena or the casual fans that hate Orton won't chant "sh*thead" at them.

You should go to a WWE event and start it, I bet it'll catch on.

If I didn't fail my Physiology exam in December last year, I would have tried to bother to beg my dad to buy me a RR ticket and a flight to NY. Too late anyways, and the Rumble sold out in hours.

lightning_kf

[43]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 36
    What would be the point of chanting when the WWE would edit them out?

yooperchild

[44]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 28
    They didn't always edit it out. Remember when Big Show and Batista were wrestling and the ECW fans treated us to such classics as "Same Old Sh*t", "You Both Suck" and "Change The Channel". Taz actually acknowledged what they were saying from the commentating position.

zombieKILLER25

[45]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 14

yooperchild wrote:
    They didn't always edit it out. Remember when Big Show and Batista were wrestling and the ECW fans treated us to such classics as "Same Old Sh*t", "You Both Suck" and "Change The Channel". Taz actually acknowledged what they were saying from the commentating position.

ECW is live so I dont think they can edit it. Or can they?

lightning_kf

[46]Jan 9, 2008

yooperchild wrote:

I remember that match. And I loved watching the What Do I Do Now look on Batista's face.

qfrodri85

[47]Jan 9, 2008
    And Big Show didn't cared much about the jeering, I think. Or that was another match...

sylent_asassin

[48]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 26
    Does anyone have the link to this match?

lightning_kf

[49]Jan 9, 2008

sylent_asassin wrote:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lqpa_batista-vs-big-show-ecw_sport

Ask and you shall receive

sylent_asassin

[50]Jan 9, 2008
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

Thanks! That was great! Before the match even started, Show called someone in the front a b!tch. Batista also got into it with a fan when he came out then someone tossed TP into the ring. The chants were great! "You both suck, Same old sh!t, change the channel..." I'd like to see Batista do one more match in that arena, but this time with Khali. The crowd reaction would be awesome.

atanner

[51]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

Thanks! That was great! Before the match even started, Show called someone in the front a b!tch. Batista also got into it with a fan when he came out then someone tossed TP into the ring. The chants were great! "You both suck, Same old sh!t, change the channel..." I'd like to see Batista do one more match in that arena, but this time with Khali. The crowd reaction would be awesome.

How about Batista vs Khali vs Mark Henry vs Big Daddy V.

lightning_kf

[52]Jan 9, 2008
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

I thrive to amuse.

Besides, this match alone was the sole reason as to why they NEVER recorded another ECW show there. And quite frankly, I don't blame them one bit .

qfrodri85

[53]Jan 9, 2008
    atanner wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

Add Cena, Orton and... Paul to it and it'll be greater.

yooperchild

[54]Jan 9, 2008
    lightning_kf wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

I thrive to amuse.

Besides, this match alone was the sole reason as to why they NEVER recorded another ECW show there. And quite frankly, I don't blame them one bit .

ECW Chants kill me! I remember how much they used to hate Taz...and whenever he came out, he would be greeted by "F*CK YOU TAZ!" chants.

I remember almost wetting my pant during the match because Big Show sort of at least knew how to work this crowd. (Is this the one too where he made fun of some guy by saying, "I make so much more money than you!" or something ) Batista got way to frustrated. He didn't know what to do with the crowd.

I honestly don't know why Vince doesn't go back there...pretty lame if it's just because he's afraid of a few fans who know what type of wrestling they expect to see. That probably could have been one of his most loyal fan bases.

yooperchild

[55]Jan 9, 2008
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

Actually....kills me to say it, but at the One Night Stand......Orton really, really knew how to play to that type of crowd.

Hurricane1123

[56]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 34
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

You and a few people would boo Orton, aside from that I think the majority of the hardcore wrestling fans like Orton.

yooperchild

[57]Jan 9, 2008
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

You and a few people would boo Orton, aside from that I think the majority of the hardcore wrestling fans like Orton.

No...when he was there before they hated him. But he knew how to use the hate, unlike Batista.

qfrodri85

[58]Jan 9, 2008
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

Do you even know what is a "hardcore" wrestling fan?

He was second place in the booing scale at ONS 2006. And yes, he didn't crumble under the heat, which is much worse heat than the average WWE fan could give him.

lightning_kf

[59]Jan 10, 2008
    yooperchild wrote:

I remember almost wetting my pant during the match because Big Show sort of at least knew how to work this crowd. (Is this the one too where he made fun of some guy by saying, "I make so much more money than you!" or something ) Batista got way to frustrated. He didn't know what to do with the crowd.

Exactly. People can say what they want about Cena, but at ONS 2006, he got the worst heat among anybody and was able to work off of it. Batista had no frickin' clue as to what next. He's like, "uh............no little kids in this arena. No morons either, just adults who hate my guts. What do I do?"

Heh, useless piece of crap Batista.

sylent_asassin

[60]Jan 10, 2008
    lightning_kf wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

Exactly. People can say what they want about Cena, but at ONS 2006, he got the worst heat among anybody and was able to work off of it. Batista had no frickin' clue as to what next. He's like, "uh............no little kids in this arena. No morons either, just adults who hate my guts. What do I do?"

Heh, useless piece of crap Batista.

The best part about that entire incident was Batista's perplexed mannerisms. He didn't know whether he wanted to fight the whole crowd or curl into a ball and start crying in the middle of the ring. At one point, it appeared he wanted to walk out... and I'm sure in his mind, he considered it.