WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

PPV Buyrates Thread

  • Avatar of Hurricane1123

    Hurricane1123

    [81]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 11,634
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    They lie all the time. Like only selling 5,000 tickets to a show, and claiming attendance of 8,000 by opening the doors and letting people walk in for free. It wouldn't surprise me if they padded their PPV stats the same way. Live show attendance is down. TV ratings are way down. Yet, PPV buys are way UP?! That just doesn't mesh. There's something fishy going on.
    live attendance is down? They sell out almost every arena they go to. Every time they've been here in Houston, no matter if it's just a house show, the Toyota Center always sells out. I can't say the same thing for our Houston Rockets though.

    Just last week you read about how Smackdown/ECW failed to sell out.

    I didn't say always, I said almost.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [82]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    I'll bet those are fake numbers.
    I am going to call you Mr.Negativity...

    He's just using common sense.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [83]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    I'll bet those are fake numbers.
    I am going to call you Mr.Negativity...

    He's just using common sense.


    No he isn't. What he is doing Wiz, is being negative towards everything related to the WWE.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SRP76

    SRP76

    [84]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 02/21/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,038
    It's called reality. You don't go and say that grass is red just to appease people. It's green; say it's green.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [85]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    SRP76 wrote:
    It's called reality. You don't go and say that grass is red just to appease people. It's green; say it's green.
    Then how do you know the numbers are fake?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SRP76

    SRP76

    [86]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 02/21/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 2,038
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are.

    I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline?

    That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [87]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are.

    I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline?

    That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.

    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania!

    Why do you continue to watch the product?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hurricane1123

    Hurricane1123

    [88]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 11,634
    I disagree with you SRP, I think the product is miles better than what it was last year at this time with the mundane Great Khali/Cena feud.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [89]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zhiner

    Zhiner

    [90]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,319
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Dude.......Photobucket

    Its not that hard to figure out why, think about it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [91]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    Every WrestleMania gets more hype than the other...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [92]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902
    Zhiner wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Dude.......Photobucket

    Its not that hard to figure out why, think about it.

    Is it because wrestling fans are richer nowadays so they can afford to order Wrestlemania?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zhiner

    Zhiner

    [93]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,319

    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Is it because wrestling fans are richer nowadays so they can afford to order Wrestlemania?

    no.....

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [94]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902
    Zhiner wrote:

    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Is it because wrestling fans are richer nowadays so they can afford to order Wrestlemania?

    no.....

    Because Carlito is a bigger draw than Stone Cold and the Rock combined?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hurricane1123

    Hurricane1123

    [95]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 11,634
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    Every WrestleMania gets more hype than the other...
    I'm not too sure about that.

    Wrestlemania 20 got a years worth of hype, while Wrestlemania's 21 and 24 barely got less than two months.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [96]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,859
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Why is hard to believe that Trump , and Maywather could out sell the Rock vs. Stone Cold? Stone Cold vs. The Rock would only attract a Wrestling audience. While Trump vs. McMahon and Mayweather vs. Big Show will attract more than a wrestling audience. Boxing fans, entertainment fans, media outlets, Celebs, etc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [97]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Why is hard to believe that Trump , and Maywather could out sell the Rock vs. Stone Cold? Stone Cold vs. The Rock would only attract a Wrestling audience. While Trump vs. McMahon and Mayweather vs. Big Show will attract more than a wrestling audience. Boxing fans, entertainment fans, media outlets, Celebs, etc.
    He got you there, Wiz.
    Edited on 05/08/2008 8:44am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zhiner

    Zhiner

    [98]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,319
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Why is hard to believe that Trump , and Maywather could out sell the Rock vs. Stone Cold? Stone Cold vs. The Rock would only attract a Wrestling audience. While Trump vs. McMahon and Mayweather vs. Big Show will attract more than a wrestling audience. Boxing fans, entertainment fans, media outlets, Celebs, etc.

    Bingo! heres your Award for being a smart apple...

    Photobucket

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ssj_jordan

    ssj_jordan

    [99]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 05/31/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,585
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Why is hard to believe that Trump , and Maywather could out sell the Rock vs. Stone Cold? Stone Cold vs. The Rock would only attract a Wrestling audience. While Trump vs. McMahon and Mayweather vs. Big Show will attract more than a wrestling audience. Boxing fans, entertainment fans, media outlets, Celebs, etc.

    Put up a good argument there, but when WWE do that, they are only thinking about getting more viewers, and not caring about the people who watch it to actually see wrestling.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [100]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336
    ssj_jordan wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SRP76 wrote:
    Never said "I know those numbers are fake". I said "I'll bet" they are. I already gave you the reason: everything ELSE is down, not up, and it's all the same product. Why would one thing go not just up, but WAY up, while everything else is in decline? That certainly doesn't seem "truthful". It sounds more like Enron bookkeeping.
    Your logic baffles me. It' Wrestlemania! Why do you continue to watch the product?

    It's not negativity. It's realism. The ratings are at a low. PPV buyrates are at a low. In general, wrestling popularity is at a low. Yet, the Wrestlemania's in 2007 and 2008 manages to outsell all of the Attitude Era Wrestlemania's? The only way I can explain it is that more people had illegal means of getting free PPV's in the Attitude Era (which wouldn't contribute to the buyrates) than they do now and I'm not even sure if that's true or not.

    C'mon, Vince McMahon vs. Donald Trump outselling Stone Cold vs the Rock? Big Show vs Mayweather outselling Hogan vs the Rock?

    Why is hard to believe that Trump , and Maywather could out sell the Rock vs. Stone Cold? Stone Cold vs. The Rock would only attract a Wrestling audience. While Trump vs. McMahon and Mayweather vs. Big Show will attract more than a wrestling audience. Boxing fans, entertainment fans, media outlets, Celebs, etc.

    Put up a good argument there, but when WWE do that, they are only thinking about getting more viewers, and not caring about the people who watch it to actually see wrestling.

    Invalid point, the question was how are the Wrestlemania rates up when everything else is down. Peeps just provided the answer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.