memememe173 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    They SHOULD drop the entire "Legend" angle. Out of all Randy's matches, whose legend has he really killed? Nobody's!

Exactly...I hate the whole gimmick because he does nothing but fight old guys that were last in "fighting" shape in the 1980's. What does that do for his career? Nothing!

And in order to be the best you have to beat the best and that's what Orton does,

That doesn't even make sense....he's not really beating the "best" is he? The "best" of 1985 perhaps....

If you look at some of the legends that Orton was "killed" they were some of the best ever and it doesn't matter when you beat someone the only thing that matters is that you beat them. If you look in the record books it will say that Randy Orton beat Dusty Rhodes, it wont have an asterik next to it that says "but it didn't really count because Dusty was old." Orton is getting the crowd to hate him because he is "killing" people that are loved by the fans and so it doesn't matter if they are in there prime or not, all that matters is that Orton is beating people that are loved by the fans and so he is doing his job as a heel.

So according to this logic, if I challenged Fabulous Moolah and beat her, then technically I could call myself one of the best female wrestlers of all time because I beat her...it doesn't matter that she's in her 80's and hasn't wrestled professionally for years, I could say that I beat a woman that once held the woman's title for 20 years and that's all that would matter.

Awesome...

i cant help but notice but when u type things u completely miss the point and then it just makes no sense according to your logic......well its not really logic, what they were trying to say is since everyone loves legends, and when Randy Orton do badtthings to these lovable legends people hate him more, sometime the older they are the worse because it looks like he is beating up on ur grandpa , it doesnt mean that he is the best of all time, it just means people hates him more......look you dont even like him for his gimmick see thats building a successful heel now thats logic........now imagine This Legend killer killing the 11 month title reign of John Cena.

But the counter-point is that why would people care that Randy Orton (23-25 years old maybe?) beat someone past their prime. No one would think less of Willie Mays because I could strike him out now-a-days.

Hating Orton because his character beats up old people is completely different than hating Orton for beating up legends.

He may as well be Randy "The Geriatic Killer" Orton.

Once again you miss the point, when Orton kills legends people care because he beat up on there favorite legend or one of there favorites. And it's not Ortons fault that the legends happen to be old, you can't be legend and still young, it doesn't work that way. When Edge beat up a past his prime Undertakerdoes that makeEdge any less than a heel, no.

And Yooper, JBL thinks Ric Flair is the best US champion ever and MVP beat him so according to him he is best. When JBL says that he doesn't add that Ric Flair is past prime and sowhen MVP beat him it didn't count. The saying is " In order to be the best you have to beat the best" not "In order to be the best you have to beat the best, but if there not in there prime then too bad."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

memememe173

[22]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    atanner wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    They SHOULD drop the entire "Legend" angle. Out of all Randy's matches, whose legend has he really killed? Nobody's!

Exactly...I hate the whole gimmick because he does nothing but fight old guys that were last in "fighting" shape in the 1980's. What does that do for his career? Nothing!

And in order to be the best you have to beat the best and that's what Orton does,

That doesn't even make sense....he's not really beating the "best" is he? The "best" of 1985 perhaps....

If you look at some of the legends that Orton was "killed" they were some of the best ever and it doesn't matter when you beat someone the only thing that matters is that you beat them. If you look in the record books it will say that Randy Orton beat Dusty Rhodes, it wont have an asterik next to it that says "but it didn't really count because Dusty was old." Orton is getting the crowd to hate him because he is "killing" people that are loved by the fans and so it doesn't matter if they are in there prime or not, all that matters is that Orton is beating people that are loved by the fans and so he is doing his job as a heel.

So according to this logic, if I challenged Fabulous Moolah and beat her, then technically I could call myself one of the best female wrestlers of all time because I beat her...it doesn't matter that she's in her 80's and hasn't wrestled professionally for years, I could say that I beat a woman that once held the woman's title for 20 years and that's all that would matter.

Awesome...

i cant help but notice but when u type things u completely miss the point and then it just makes no sense according to your logic......well its not really logic, what they were trying to say is since everyone loves legends, and when Randy Orton do badtthings to these lovable legends people hate him more, sometime the older they are the worse because it looks like he is beating up on ur grandpa , it doesnt mean that he is the best of all time, it just means people hates him more......look you dont even like him for his gimmick see thats building a successful heel now thats logic........now imagine This Legend killer killing the 11 month title reign of John Cena.

But the counter-point is that why would people care that Randy Orton (23-25 years old maybe?) beat someone past their prime. No one would think less of Willie Mays because I could strike him out now-a-days.

Hating Orton because his character beats up old people is completely different than hating Orton for beating up legends.

He may as well be Randy "The Geriatic Killer" Orton.

Once again you miss the point, when Orton kills legends people care because he beat up on there favorite legend or one of there favorites. And it's not Ortons fault that the legends happen to be old, you can't be legend and still young, it doesn't work that way. When Edge beat up a past his prime Undertakerdoes that makeEdge any less than a heel, no.

And Yooper, JBL thinks Ric Flair is the best US champion ever and MVP beat him so according to him he is best. When JBL says that he doesn't add that Ric Flair is past prime and sowhen MVP beat him it didn't count. The saying is " In order to be the best you have to beat the best" not "In order to be the best you have to beat the best, but if there not in there prime then too bad."

The whole concept is silly. (That being"killing" legends) As you said, you can't fight a young legend. One of two options are avaliable.

1. People are upset their favorites were beaten. It would than follow that they would be upset if Orton beat a current favorite in matches that were relevant and evenly matched.

2. It's not about the person themselves, but their accomplishments as a seperate entity. Does Orton beating them mean their previous titles aren't legitimate? That they weren't as entertaining? They weren't as skilled? They weren't as dedicated? Hardly.

First, taking what a WWE employee says on camera and using it as proof is undefendable.

"In order to be the best, you have to beat the best." I agree, but the only way one can BE the best is either a) when they are in their prime or b) when the competition is so poor that even with declining skills the change isn't noticable. Ric Flair is 58 so no one can argue he is in his athletic prime. Similarily, no one is going to argue that Flair's current abilities would represent "the best" in the scope of WWE performers.

Does beating 67 year old Jack Nickalus make you the best golfer ever? Out play 76 year old Willie Mays and become the best CF of all time? Even better, why don't I go fight Muhammad Ali. My win should be legit right?

Randyspeeps

[23]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 34
    yooperchild wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

Awesome...

I'm not even going to pretend I can understand most of what you type...in all honesty, learn to use a capital letter or two. Anyway, Whoever just posted above me said it best, but my true point is that no one cares!

Orton beating up old people doesn't make him a good heel! Truly knowing how to work a mic and work a crowd would make him a good heel. Hitting a legend, knowing it's going to tick people off makes him a cheap heel. He might as well come out there and announce that "Whatever City" they are in is full of morons...same thing, it's going to get heel heat...but it doesn't make them a good heel.

Eveyone doesn't have an emotional attachment to the "legends" either. It's been a long time since the "American Dream" days and I'm betting there are quite a few people who don't even know who Dusty Rhodes is enough to give a crap that Orton beat him.

And newest rumor is that HHH no longer wants to take the title off of Orton because he wants to be the heel in the match...so guess who will probably keep the title so HHH can beat him?

does it really matter if i use a capital letter or not, this is not a formal paper this is a forum but according to your poor logical skills i wouldnt expect you to kno that,the real reason you are pretending not to know whati type is because the truth hurts!!!!!Thats your opinion but whats not opinion is the fact that Randy Orton gets tremendous heel heatbecause of what he does. If every heel would just insult the crowd and work the mic what fun will that be, his gimmick is different and whether you like it or not it works, as far a your Dusty Rhodes comment goes trust me a whole lot of people know who Dusty Rhodes is, O so uve heard new rumors nice to see that you provided a link...............o wait!!!!!

Question why dont you like Randy Orton?

Edited on 07/24/2007 8:29am

lingley

[24]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The current plan is to have Randy Orton beat John Cena for the WWE Heavyweight Championship at this year's SummerSlam. The top feud will then shift to Triple H vs. Randy Orton.
    well look like Cena's rein might be up.

sylent_asassin

[25]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 26
    If "Sugar" Shane Mosely beat up an aged Muhammed Ali, what is there to brag about? Nothing.

The whole moniker of "Legend killer" is as silly as wrestlers back in the 80's thinking they could kill Hulkamania. RKO pummeling 50-60 year old men isn't going to kill their popularity or fan following. If anything, it makes him a bully and it doesn't make for entertaining or compelling viewing. I wonder if Cena will make RKO tap out to the STF-U. Hmmm...

princessaks

[26]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    Randy Orton should never have been called that anyway. None of those people's legends, of the ones you actually had one, were killed. They were and are still great wrestlers. Orton is just plain disrespectful. Honestly, he gets his rocks off by kicking people in the head. That's not entertaining. He deserves to pay. I hope Cena kicks ass!!!!!

rzmt

[28]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    Orton will become a true legend killer when he stabs John Cena.

Slade811

[29]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 18
    rzmt wrote:
    Orton will become a true legend killer when he stabs John Cena.
    like that will happen soon

Hurricane1123

[30]Jul 24, 2007
    Orton will murder Cena at Summerslam!

memememe173

[31]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:
    Randy Orton should never have been called that anyway. None of those people's legends, of the ones you actually had one, were killed. They were and are still great wrestlers. Orton is just plain disrespectful. Honestly, he gets his rocks off by kicking people in the head. That's not entertaining. He deserves to pay. I hope Cena kicks ass!!!!!

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

Ok. I guess Eugene is acceptable. So was that mop. And Katie Vic.

yooperchild

[32]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 28
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

Ahhh...Katie Vic....that was HHH glory day right there...

I had almost forgotten about that!

Slade811

[33]Jul 24, 2007
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

who's katie vic?

yooperchild

[34]Jul 24, 2007
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

who's katie vic?

Kane's dead girlfriend that he had "appearently" killed in a car accident. HHH (dressed as Kane) pretended to have sex with her (while she was already dead of course and lying in her casket)

Seriously...anyone who truly found Cryme Tyme super offensive, obviously didn't watch the WWE back in the day...

Edited on 07/24/2007 6:22pm

Randyspeeps

[35]Jul 24, 2007

princessaks wrote:

you sound like a whining little princess

Slade811

[36]Jul 24, 2007
    yooperchild wrote:
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

who's katie vic?

Kane's dead girlfriend that he had "appearently" killed in a car accident. HHH (dressed as Kane) pretended to have sex with her (while she was already dead of course and lying in her casket)

Seriously...anyone who truly found Cryme Tyme super offensive, obviously didn't watch the WWE back in the day...

wow

atanner

[37]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 8
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICKdumbass

who's katie vic?

wow

that storyline was hilarious

lightning_kf

[38]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 36
    yooperchild wrote:
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

who's katie vic?

Yeah.

Cryme Tyme is child's play compared to the majority of crappy storylines that slipped through the cracks. For more information: check this place out

yooperchild

[39]Jul 24, 2007
    lightning_kf wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICK dumbass

who's katie vic?

Yeah.

Cryme Tyme is child's play compared to the majority of crappy storylines that slipped through the cracks. For more information: check this place out

That is my favorite website EVER! (Next to Wrestling Gone Wrong)...I go there every week for the updates. They cover so much crap that I'd forgotten..(and some I obviously wish to not remember)

What's awesome is they actually bought the Katie Vic cheerleader outfit off e-bay....

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/sbt-katievick.html

yooperchild

[40]Jul 24, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    Slade811 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    memememe173 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

princessaks wrote:

It's a GIMMICKdumbass

who's katie vic?

wow

that storyline was hilarious

Of course...when isn't necrophilia funny? That's what I want to know...