WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Raw Independence Day discussion

  • Avatar of yooperchild

    yooperchild

    [21]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 05/23/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 7,586
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Cena needs to be fired, along with members of the creative staff. It wasn't good enough for us to know that CM Punk wasn't going to win a MITB, they had to throw in the stupid "win or your fired" stipulation for Cena to confirm our suspicion.


    Cena's been "fired" before though. It doesn't keep him off of TV.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [22]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,860
    yooperchild wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Cena needs to be fired, along with members of the creative staff. It wasn't good enough for us to know that CM Punk wasn't going to win a MITB, they had to throw in the stupid "win or your fired" stipulation for Cena to confirm our suspicion.


    Cena's been "fired" before though. It doesn't keep him off of TV.
    Maybe that's why I forgot he's been fired.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistofFate14

    TwistofFate14

    [23]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,720
    Because VKM has it in his head that whenever Cena gets fired, he loses money.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of enervator

    enervator

    [24]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 10,169

    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.


    I could see that. It could be a good shocking ending.

    Of course, I could also see whoever walks out with the belt dropping it to Cena the following night on Raw.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [25]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    This is a theory rather than spoiler, but it's so likely to happen that I'm putting it in spoiler tags anyway.



    ***SPOILER***


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [26]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.


    When Vince said Cena would be fired if he lost, that pretty much settled it. Cena will win. Anyway, I hate the idea of the MITB winner cashing it in the day he gets it. 83% of the fun is the buildup to the cashing in the briefcase. I also like him defending the briefcase like a title belt.
    Edited on 07/06/2011 6:56pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [27]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.
    When Vince said Cena would be fired if he lost, that pretty much settled it. Cena will win. Anyway, I hate the idea of the MITB winner cashing it in the day he gets it. 83% of the fun is the buildup to the cashing in the briefcase. I also like him defending the briefcase like a title belt.
    Vince said that if Punk walked out of Chicago with the title, Cena will be fired. I'm hoping that Vince's choice of words was an intentional loophole.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [28]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.
    When Vince said Cena would be fired if he lost, that pretty much settled it. Cena will win. Anyway, I hate the idea of the MITB winner cashing it in the day he gets it. 83% of the fun is the buildup to the cashing in the briefcase. I also like him defending the briefcase like a title belt.
    Vince said that if Punk walked out of Chicago with the title, Cena will be fired. I'm hoping that Vince's choice of words was an intentional loophole.



    But unless Punk stays, why would Vince want to reward Punk?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dilla_the_Dude

    Dilla_the_Dude

    [29]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,336

    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:


    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.
    When Vince said Cena would be fired if he lost, that pretty much settled it. Cena will win. Anyway, I hate the idea of the MITB winner cashing it in the day he gets it. 83% of the fun is the buildup to the cashing in the briefcase. I also like him defending the briefcase like a title belt.
    Vince said that if Punk walked out of Chicago with the title, Cena will be fired. I'm hoping that Vince's choice of words was an intentional loophole.


    But unless Punk stays, why would Vince want to reward Punk?
    How is Punk getting cashed in on at his hometown and "last day" the moment he wins the title rewarding?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GameWiz1000

    GameWiz1000

    [30]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 06/29/04
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 12,902
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:


    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.
    When Vince said Cena would be fired if he lost, that pretty much settled it. Cena will win. Anyway, I hate the idea of the MITB winner cashing it in the day he gets it. 83% of the fun is the buildup to the cashing in the briefcase. I also like him defending the briefcase like a title belt.
    Vince said that if Punk walked out of Chicago with the title, Cena will be fired. I'm hoping that Vince's choice of words was an intentional loophole.


    But unless Punk stays, why would Vince want to reward Punk?
    How is Punk getting cashed in on at his hometown and "last day" the moment he wins the title rewarding?



    Beating John Cena and winning the WWE Championship on his last day is rewarding.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yooperchild

    yooperchild

    [31]Jul 6, 2011
    • member since: 05/23/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 7,586
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:

    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:


    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Dilla_the_Dude wrote:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CM Punks wins. . .only to have a newly acquired cashed in on him that night.
    When Vince said Cena would be fired if he lost, that pretty much settled it. Cena will win. Anyway, I hate the idea of the MITB winner cashing it in the day he gets it. 83% of the fun is the buildup to the cashing in the briefcase. I also like him defending the briefcase like a title belt.
    Vince said that if Punk walked out of Chicago with the title, Cena will be fired. I'm hoping that Vince's choice of words was an intentional loophole.


    But unless Punk stays, why would Vince want to reward Punk?
    How is Punk getting cashed in on at his hometown and "last day" the moment he wins the title rewarding?



    Beating John Cena and winning the WWE Championship on his last day is rewarding.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lightning_kf

    lightning_kf

    [32]Jul 7, 2011
    • member since: 04/01/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 15,982
    We'll just have to wait until next week's Raw. It's gonna be in Boston (Cena's hometown), so we shall see how that goes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [33]Jul 7, 2011
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 4,507
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

    This is a theory rather than spoiler, but it's so likely to happen that I'm putting it in spoiler tags anyway.



    ***SPOILER***




    I could easily see that, actually. Honestly, I could see a lot of things happening at MITB, in most of the matches.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistofFate14

    TwistofFate14

    [34]Jul 7, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,720
    Crulex1369 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

    This is a theory rather than spoiler, but it's so likely to happen that I'm putting it in spoiler tags anyway.



    ***SPOILER***




    I could easily see that, actually. Honestly, I could see a lot of things happening at MITB, in most of the matches.
    That's the method that I would prefer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JakeCpFrato

    JakeCpFrato

    [35]Jul 7, 2011
    • member since: 03/15/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,659

    ***SPOILER***
    Wow. BTW, has anyone else noticed that Rey Mysterio has lost three straight Triple Threat Number One Contenders Matches? They are trying to resign him too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TwistofFate14

    TwistofFate14

    [36]Jul 7, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,720
    JakeCpFrato wrote:

    ***SPOILER***
    Wow. BTW, has anyone else noticed that Rey Mysterio has lost three straight Triple Threat Number One Contenders Matches? They are trying to resign him too.
    Source?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JakeCpFrato

    JakeCpFrato

    [37]Jul 7, 2011
    • member since: 03/15/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,659
    TwistofFate14 wrote:
    JakeCpFrato wrote:

    ***SPOILER***
    Wow. BTW, has anyone else noticed that Rey Mysterio has lost three straight Triple Threat Number One Contenders Matches? They are trying to resign him too.
    Source?

    WNW Premium
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JandSman

    JandSman

    [38]Jul 9, 2011
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 7,214
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Cena needs to be fired, along with members of the creative staff. It wasn't good enough for us to know that CM Punk wasn't going to win a MITB, they had to throw in the stupid "win or your fired" stipulation for Cena to confirm our suspicion.


    Cena's been "fired" before though. It doesn't keep him off of TV.
    Maybe that's why I forgot he's been fired.
    Anyone remember when Stone Cold Steve Austin was fired and he appeared every Raw until he got rehired. But no one seems to bring that up when talking about firing angles but people always bring up Cena doing pretty much the same thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of enervator

    enervator

    [39]Jul 10, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 10,169

    JandSman wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Cena needs to be fired, along with members of the creative staff. It wasn't good enough for us to know that CM Punk wasn't going to win a MITB, they had to throw in the stupid "win or your fired" stipulation for Cena to confirm our suspicion.
    Cena's been "fired" before though. It doesn't keep him off of TV.
    Maybe that's why I forgot he's been fired.
    Anyone remember when Stone Cold Steve Austin was fired and he appeared every Raw until he got rehired. But no one seems to bring that up when talking about firing angles but people always bring up Cena doing pretty much the same thing.


    Probably because at the time people weren't saying how desperate they were to get a break from Austin. When the audience enjoys seeing a performer, they don't want him taken off TV. At this point I think a lot of people are wishing injuries on Cena, just because it seems to be the only way to ever get a break from him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [40]Jul 10, 2011
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    enervator wrote:


    JandSman wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Cena needs to be fired, along with members of the creative staff. It wasn't good enough for us to know that CM Punk wasn't going to win a MITB, they had to throw in the stupid "win or your fired" stipulation for Cena to confirm our suspicion.
    Cena's been "fired" before though. It doesn't keep him off of TV.
    Maybe that's why I forgot he's been fired.
    Anyone remember when Stone Cold Steve Austin was fired and he appeared every Raw until he got rehired. But no one seems to bring that up when talking about firing angles but people always bring up Cena doing pretty much the same thing.


    Probably because at the time people weren't saying how desperate they were to get a break from Austin. When the audience enjoys seeing a performer, they don't want him taken off TV. At this point I think a lot of people are wishing injuries on Cena, just because it seems to be the only way to ever get a break from him.


    If Cena got injured, they would probably announce him as the anonymous Raw General Manager.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.